• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 ( because capcom dosn't seem to want to do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Being able to cut up scenery and fling them at demons comes to mind for me. Perhaps he breaks a stone out of the ground, slices it up, and sends the shrapnel at enemies? It would be called "Shatter Spray".

1.using the environment as a weapon is a good idea but i think it should be expanded into more than just a single move and since you came up with the idea you seem like the best person to figure it out.

2. is that really the only thing you think should be added. i'm sure you can come up with more than that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What if Dante had a throw ability? Like, wrestling moves and such? I'd like to see him use an unarmed style.

jackiexylon

Sling Heart - A stone containing the heart of a Frog Demon, you will be able to catapult yourself to reach farther distances.

Oh and I got this other weapon I dreamt about,
Madness36 - Non elemental Gatling gun, (Skill: Groove- only usable in gunslinger mode, well what this basically does is shoots all opponents around the main on the ground to midair, then the main jumps and turns the Gatling gun to autofire and throws it to the air spinning and shooting opponents to suspend them in the air)
Oh, i also figured out how to switch elements using that elemental sword ingame, you gotta be in swordmaster mode and click Devil Bringer key to switch elements, hope this helps.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
@ storm silves: dante has 4 styles already so he can't have an unarmed style but any ideas that you would have suggested for the unarmed style you can suggest as swordmaster moves for Heracles

@ jackiexylon: we are now working on dante's moveset. suggest anything you think Dante should be able to do.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is no reason to wait so lets keep moving

Dante's moveset
Skills
1.Kick Jump: (same as previous games)
2.Air Hike: (same as previous games)
3.Free Ride: (same as previous games)
4.Pole Play: (same as previous games)
5.???
6.???
7.???
8.???
9.???
10.???

6 more skills needed.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I didn't mean an unarmed style, I meant a "weapon" that lets him unequip his weapons and basically fight with no weapon.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
I would like a Dante using only his hands and feet but I would really like it if he could execute demons like wrestle them too the ground and depending on your weapons their weapons or some random thing be able to kill them in some stylish way. Like
Finders Keepers: when Dante gets a thrust at him by some demons sword or other bladed weapon Dante makes the weapon go under his arm then he takes it while spinning around and impales them through the back with their own weapon.

Or even some moves that leave enemies on their knees or something where Dante puts a gun to their head and shoots or beheads them.Basically the ability to fight free hand like DT said and when you are close to finishing them the ability to pull a weapon and execute.

jackiexylon

move sets huh? hehehe this is gonna be fun.. lets see..

Dust Taster: Connected after wall running, press jump then Lock-on an enemy that is closest to you and then Dante tackles the enemy to the ground, and while the enemy is face down on the ground, keep pressing attack then dante will continuously punch the enemy's head

i'll think up of some others

Blitz

Heeeeey.
Well...

Reverber: While doing Air Hike, Press Lock-on+Sword button to do an reverse Air Hike, Smashing the enemy below you.

Powerbomb: After taking an enemy to the sky with High Time, Press Lock-on+Attack+Back while in the air, Then Dante will grab hold of the enemy, falling with the enemy below, resulting with the enemy's back being smashed with sheer power, from the gravitational experience.

Pole Crash: While executing Pole play, press rapidly the Attack button, then Dante will remove the pole, then he will impale the nearby enemy with the removed pole.

jackiexylon

Shove- Like Nero's Rainbow move, while running press taunt then dante will shoulder thrust enemies infront of him

Gotcha- Use taunt then just when an enemy lends an attack, press attack then dante will grab the enemy's hand, step on its head then stomps it to the ground afterwards kick the enemy forward with dante saying "Outta my sight!"

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I didn't mean an unarmed style, I meant a "weapon" that lets him unequip his weapons and basically fight with no weapon.

don't gauntlets work the same way. after all gauntlets and greves are actually armor not weapons.

@ jackiexylon:
1.wall hike (the move where dante runs on walls) is a trickster move so anything related to it would be part of the Trickster style (that and work on a better name than Dust Taster)
2. attacks using select/back are not a good idea. something that simple dosn't even need a command (eg. Shove: push smaller enemies out of the way while running)
3. counterattacks are part of the Royal Guard style.
@ Danzye:
1. Reverber fits my ideas for Dante's expanded trickster style.(Reverber dosn't sound like a good name try to come up with another one)
2.Powerbomb sounds like it would fit best as a swordmaster move for Heraclese.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dante's moveset
Skills
1.Kick Jump: (same as previous games)
2.Air Hike: (same as previous games)
3.Free Ride: (same as previous games)
4.Pole Play: (same as previous games)
5. Enemy Step: (same as previous games)
6. Speed: (same as previous games)
7.Kick Dash: while in air near a wall press A+ left analog stick (away from the wall); kick off the wall to quickly move away from it.
8.(can't think of a good name)- near a wall Y+ left analog stick (in the direction of the wall); stab rebellion into the wall and stand on it(uses rebellion even if another weapon is equipped.)
9.Shove: push smaller enemies out of the way while running
10. Boost: while moving in air press B+ left analog stick(in the direction of movement): use E&I to accelerate Dante's movement
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Style moves
Trickster: mostly evasive moves Dante's version also includes moves that move him towards the enemy and even use the enemy as part of the move
Level 1:
1. Dash: right analog stick in any direction: quickly move in any direction to evade attacks.
2. Sky Star: right analog stick in any direction (in air): move a short distance in mid air.
3. Mustang: right analog stick towards an enemy; kick off the enemy and jump into the air.
4. Wall Hike: right analog stick towards a wall: run up the wall or run along the wall at an angle (ends by jumping off the wall)
5.Air Trick: RS; teleport above the targeted enemy.(works in air)
6.Flipper: RS(when knocked back by an enemy attack); kick off a sphere of energy and land on your feet.
Level 2:
7.??? (waiting for a good name): down+ RS(in air): kick off a platform of demonic energy above Dante and move towards the closest enemy on the ground
8.??? (waiting for a good name):RS (during Wall Hike);jump off the wall and move towards the targeted enemy.
Level 3:

6/6 level 1 trickster moves created, level 1 finished.
2/7 level 2 trickster moves created, 5 more needed.
0/7 level 3 trickster moves created, 7 more needed.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
Put Reversed(new name).

LEVEL 3: Sky-Slyde(NOT typo): While performing Sky-Star, press Foward+Style button. Dante will slide shortly horizontally in the air.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, the gauntlets and greaves do not work the same way. They enhance Dante's power and give him a lot of moves he couldn't use without them.

Meg

I've been reading through this thread and I think you guys have some neat ideas, but do you mind if I make a comment? :3

Meg

G'on, Meg. Stage's your's!

Ok thank you. *gets up on stage* Well, I just wanted to say that I think unarmed combat is a great idea. In the early stages of DMC3 development the royal guard style WAS unarmed combat. They changed it to a defensive style sometime before release. I was sad. ;_; I was really looking forward to doing crazy kicks and punches without weapons. I think that can add something new and exciting to combat, especially if you can change styles on the fly. :eek:

Thank you very much for your time. :D *hops off stage and leaves thread*

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
@ Storm Silves: Dante can do more with gauntlets than with nothing but he can still do everything he can do unarmed so there is no reason to create an unarmed moveset. the movesets are large enough that you should be able to fit most of your unarmed combat ideas into Dante's gauntet moveset. if we create a seperate unarmed moveset we will be forced to limit the varity of gauntlet moves so that we would have enough unarmed moves to make a full size moveset and even then there would be some overlap. but if we put all of dante's unarmed moves in one moveset we can make it as varied as we want to without worrying about limiting something else.

@ meg: the way this game is set up there is only room for 4 styles per charicter at most, and feel free to stick around.

@ Danzye: no intentional misspelling it annoys me. and how is Sky Slide different from Sky Star. (movement over a short distance in mid air)

Trickster: mostly evasive moves Dante's version also includes moves that move him towards the enemy and even use the enemy as part of the move
Level 1:
1. Dash: right analog stick in any direction: quickly move in any direction to evade attacks.
2. Sky Star: right analog stick in any direction (in air): move a short distance in mid air.
3. Mustang: right analog stick towards an enemy; kick off the enemy and jump into the air.
4. Wall Hike: right analog stick towards a wall: run up the wall or run along the wall at an angle (ends by jumping off the wall)
5.Air Trick: RS; teleport above the targeted enemy.(works in air)
6.Flipper: RS(when knocked back by an enemy attack); kick off a sphere of energy and land on your feet.
Level 2:
7.Dash lvl 2: Dante can now use Dash twice in a row
8.Reversed: down+ RS(in air): kick off a platform of demonic energy above Dante and move towards the closest enemy on the ground
9.??? (waiting for a good name):RS (during Wall Hike);jump off the wall and move towards the targeted enemy
10. Evade: RS (during enemy attack); quickly move behind the enemy before the attack can connect.
11. Mustang lvl2: Dante can now use Mustang in mid air.
Level 3:
14. Dash Lvl 3: Dante can now use Dash three times in a row
15. Mustang lvl 3: Dante now uses Mustang whenever he comes into contact with an enemy during any trickster move except Reversed.
16. Air Evade: dante can now use evade in mid air.

6/6 level 1 trickster moves created, level 1 finished.
5/7 level 2 trickster moves created, 2 more needed.
3/7 level 3 trickster moves created, 4 more needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom