• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 2015 Confirmed?

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
You said you wanted something that's more in tune to the original game's spirit yet basically just told me you wanted another DMC 3 or 4. As far as I'm concerned, Devil May Cry has never been really the same since the first title. Kamiya himself personally doesn't enjoy everything that was done to the franchise when DMC 3 rolled around.

And the way you responded really just reinforces one of the reasons why all some of the stubborn DMC people hate DmC. It's because it isn't an anime type Devil May Cry. As an avid anime fan, I know how ridiculous weeaboos can get. A lot seem to think everything from the east is superior. They're the people that will belittle anyone who watches dubbed anime. Won't ever admit that anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. Think Japan is the anime and cosplay wonderland......you get the point.
No, I said I wanted gameplay quality along the lines of DMC3, a mature Dante like the one in DMC1, cutscenes and graphics of DMC4 quality, and dialog of DMC3 quality. I never said anything about wanting another DMC4 or DMC3, and didn't imply it either. I only want the best of all the DMC games. The best of DMC1, the best of DMC3, the best of DMC4. Of course, I don't want the bad parts. Duh.

I never said anything about hating DmC either... I said I hated graffiti art, and I said I didn't want more reboots or retcons because they don't correspond with the original ideas for Devil May Cry. You're calling me a weeaboo without knowing anything about me. You just assume I think everything from the east is superior... stop assuming - assumptions lead to ignorance. Just because I liked Bayonetta and the DMC games doesn't mean I think everything from the east is superior o_O. Every time somebody says they prefer DMC1 to DMC4 over DmC, you respond by calling them weeaboos or DmC haters. Please, don't insult me. I didn't mean to offend, and I certainly don't find DMC 'always better than DmC' or anything. So either you're intentionally twisting my words, or you made a mistake. I'm gonna assume it was the latter and let this blow over.

Last edited:

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I don't know what I think about this article, but I would give DMC5 a chance if it did drop in 2015. However, the article states that Ninja Theory is "completely engrossed" in Hellblade, which I don't believe since a team of no more than 15 people are working on it. And NT have at least 100 employees.

(Also, I'm not sure why this is in this forum section. It has only mildly anything to do with DmC.)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No, I said I wanted gameplay quality along the lines of DMC3, a mature Dante, cutscenes and graphics of DMC4 quality, and dialog of DMC3 quality. I never said anything about wanting another DMC4 or DMC3, and never implied it either. I only want the best of all the DMC games. The best of DMC1, the best of DMC3, the best of DMC4. Of course I don't want the bad parts... duh.

I never said anything about hating DmC either... I said I hated graffiti art, and I said I didn't want more reboots or retcons because they don't correspond with the original ideas for Devil May Cry. You're calling me a weeaboo without knowing anything about me. You just assume I think everything from the east is superior... stop assuming - assumptions lead to ignorance. Just because I liked Bayonetta and the DMC games doesn't mean I think everything from the east is superior o_O. Every time somebody says they prefer DMC1 to DMC4 over DmC, you respond by calling them weeaboos or DmC haters. Please, stop insulting me. I didn't mean to offend, and I certainly don't find DMC 'better than DmC in every respect' or anything. So stop twisting my words, and take a chill pill.
I put emphasis on some and there was a bit of hyperbole there.

I am chill. And stop twisting my words around. I hate the word "haters" really. I don't have a problem with anyone liking the original over the reboot. How many times have I said it now that I am one of those people? My favorite is STILL the very first game in the entire franchise.

I just bring a critical eye to both and don't think either or them do things the best. They both have strengths in weaknesses.

I love DMC 3 as a game but, I don't like the characters and the dialogue is pretty damn cringe worthy sometimes. So, no. I wouldn't want that nor do I want the cutscene quality of DMC 4. Those were also pretty bad at times and got pretty annoying. DmC did a better job in the narrative department delivering better preformed cutscenes.

What I want is a game that takes strengths from both because all I see is people saying DmC did nothing right which is a load of crap. Hate DmC all you want but, it did do things that improved upon the missteps of the originals so I hope it keeps that in mind even if it goes back to DMC.

Which again, I have no problem if it does as long as the game's good. I feel like the only person sometimes who's favorite is still the original Devil May Cry yet, I get chalked up as a sole DmC lover. I like DmC just because it was fun to play. Up to me, DMC would have gone back to the original spirit of the first game. Or if it had to be a reboot, I have my own vision for that too. (Check my writing out if you want to see home skillet)

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I put emphasis on some and there was a bit of hyperbole there.

I am chill. And stop twisting my words around. I hate the word "haters" really. I don't have a problem with anyone liking the original over the reboot. How many times have I said it now that I am one of those people? My favorite is STILL the very first game in the entire franchise.

I just bring a critical eye to both and don't think either or them do things the best. They both have strengths in weaknesses.

I love DMC 3 as a game but, I don't like the characters and the dialogue is pretty damn cringe worthy sometimes. So, no. I wouldn't want that nor do I want the cutscene quality of DMC 4. Those were also pretty bad at times and got pretty annoying. DmC did a better job in the narrative department delivering better preformed cutscenes.

What I want is a game that takes strengths from both because all I see is people saying DmC did nothing right which is a load of crap. Hate DmC all you want but, it did do things that improved upon the missteps of the originals so I hope it keeps that in mind even if it goes back to DMC.

Which again, I have no problem if it does as long as the game's good. I feel like the only person sometimes who's favorite is still the original Devil May Cry yet, I get chalked up as a sole DmC lover. I like DmC just because it was fun to play. Up to me, DMC would have gone back to the original spirit of the first game. Or if it had to be a reboot, I have my own vision for that too. (Check my writing out if you want to see home skillet)
Again, I said nothing about wanting another DMC3 or DMC4.

Indirectly calling me a weeaboo and assuming I don't understand what the word 'anime' means and stuff... it had nothing to do with my comment, and doesn't pertain to the thread either. As far as I know, I didn't twist your words: I quoted you. I don't like being insulted and tossed on a pile called ''DMC3/DMC4 weeaboos''. I'm sorry if you've had problems with that kind of people before, but I am not that kind of person. If I misunderstood, and you don't mean that I'm a weeaboo, then I'm sorry.

DmC had terrible dialogs/monologs, imo. Mundus's ''I will rip open his chest with my bare hands'' blah blah. Hilarious stuff. Kat needing to explain that the Order is a ''secret organization fighting back'', before entering their secret hideout when it didn't require any explanation. Dante's bad so-called 'one-liners'... at least ''flock off, feather face'' was actually a one-liner, not just a random curse word or that line ''I'm your prom date'' - didn't make much sense to me. Vergil explaining the entire storyline by word, with some mediocre fan-art on screen.
DmC's overall writing was pretty decent though, yes.

Don't get me wrong, I liked DmC. And I don't understand why you assume I hated DmC and think it ''did nothing right''. I agree, that is a ''load of crap.'' It did a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong. Just like you, I think a new DMC could learn from both DMC's and DmC's mistakes. But I just wouldn't want it to be another reboot, retcon, or westernization. DMC1 was pretty Japanese, really, and I was fine with that. Still am.
I guess I'll check out your writing. Got links?

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh yeah that is interesting. They did say NT was engrossed in Hellblade, when really it was 15 people doing Hellblade while the rest are working with another company.

So if you think about it, what if the rest of NT are actually helping Capcom with their supposed DMC5 in terms of story, additional gameplay elements that DmC presented, characterization, and actual graphics? If that is the case, then I'm glad, because I didn't want DMC5 to just be a retcon of DMC4 like I knew it would be.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Again, I said nothing about wanting another DMC3 or DMC4.

Indirectly calling me a weeaboo and assuming I don't understand what the word 'anime' means and stuff... it had nothing to do with my comment, and doesn't pertain to the thread either. As far as I know, I didn't twist your words: I quoted you. I don't like being insulted and tossed on a pile called ''DMC3/DMC4 weeaboos''. I'm sorry if you've had problems with that kind of people before, but I am not that kind of person. If I misunderstood, and you don't mean that I'm a weeaboo, then I'm sorry.

DmC had terrible dialogs/monologs, imo. Mundus's ''I will rip open his chest with my bare hands'' blah blah. Hilarious stuff. Kat needing to explain that the Order is a ''secret organization fighting back'', before entering their secret hideout when it didn't require any explanation. Dante's bad so-called 'one-liners'... at least ''flock off, feather face'' was actually a one-liner, not just a random curse word or that line ''I'm your prom date'' - didn't make much sense to me. Vergil explaining the entire storyline by word, with some mediocre fan-art on screen.
DmC's overall writing was pretty decent though, yes.

Don't get me wrong, I liked DmC. And I don't understand why you assume I hated DmC and think it ''did nothing right''. I agree, that is a ''load of crap.'' It did a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong. Just like you, I think a new DMC could learn from both DMC's and DmC's mistakes. But I just wouldn't want it to be another reboot, retcon, or westernization. DMC1 was pretty Japanese, really, and I was fine with that. Still am.
I guess I'll check out your writing. Got links?
I didn't call you a weeaboo I just know they're the people who throw the term westernization around as a negative thing constantly. Like I said, the post was carrying a bit of hyperbole.

I'm not saying DmC was written perfectly because I can think of many other optional dialogue pieces but, what you're saying about a couple of them really doesn't make sense.

Why wouldn't Kat need to to explain to Dante where he was going? He knew nothing about the Order or their base of operations. And the monologue explaining to Dante bits and pieces of their past also made sense because he wanted to know and you gotta remember this is a new continuity. An introduction needs to be made somehow. But his memory was practically wiped. He knew nothing about his life and lineage up until that point. Vergil couldn't leave him hanging.

And the art throughout it was a little something called "artist recreation". Just a way to give it some more visual pizazz otherwise we would have just saw Dante and Vergil standing around a playground chatting it up. And art is subjective. If Ninja Theory has anything you can commend them for, it's their artist. No doubt about it they are some talented people. Limbo itself is visually stunning. I wish it was more open because I just wanted to explore that world.

And here's some writing practice fun I've been doing in between projects. A Devil May Cry AU story.
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/d-m-c-devil-may-cry-au.19277/#post-565480
Link to the story in dat thread. ^

DragonMaster2010

^ Don't really care for that conversation, but I will say this;

I too don't want just another DMC3 and DMC4, however I somehow know that's just what Capcom will give.

At this point in time, I don't trust Capcom with games. I always think Capcom will really deliver with new games and junk, but end up disappointed with what is shown. Their quality is slowly declining in gameplay mechanics and I feel as though if they actually do a DMC5, it would be just like DMC4; cheap anime story, visualizations not as clean, gameplay rehashed from DMC4, and old Dante's character falling lower and lower. I don't want that for Devil May Cry but knowing Capcom and fans, that's exactly what I'm gonna end up getting and skipping. Not saying a DmC2 that's a rehash of DmC is better. But considering this is suppose to be DMC's "big return" they better wow me and show me that it will be more fun TO ME then DmC, otherwise I'm not gonna waste my time on it.

So if DMC5's first trailer looks good, I'm caught curious. If not, I'll just go ahead and skip this one and wait for a better one next year. (preferably DmC2)

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I didn't call you a weeaboo I just know they're the people who throw the term westernization around as a negative thing constantly. Like I said, the post was carrying a bit of hyperbole.

I'm not saying DmC was written perfectly because I can think of many other optional dialogue pieces but, what you're saying about a couple of them really doesn't make sense.

Why wouldn't Kat need to to explain to Dante where he was going? He knew nothing about the Order or their base of operations. And the monologue explaining to Dante bits and pieces of their past also made sense because he wanted to know and you gotta remember this is a new continuity. An introduction needs to be made somehow. But his memory was practically wiped. He knew nothing about his life and lineage up until that point. Vergil couldn't leave him hanging.

And the art throughout it was a little something called "artist recreation". Just a way to give it some more visual pizazz otherwise we would have just saw Dante and Vergil standing around a playground chatting it up. And art is subjective. If Ninja Theory has anything you can commend them for, it's their artist. No doubt about it they are some talented people. Limbo itself is visually stunning. I wish it was more open because I just wanted to explore that world.

And here's some writing practice fun I've been doing in between projects. A Devil May Cry AU story.
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/d-m-c-devil-may-cry-au.19277/#post-565480
Link to the story in dat thread. ^
Alright, then I misunderstood.

Well, when you're standing right in front of some secret hideout with a retinal scanner and everything, no, I don't think it's necessary to explain to Dante where they were going. Seemed obvious. She literally said it right before she put her face in front of a retinal scanner in this underground facility type of thing.

Sure, Vergil telling Dante bits and pieces of their past made sense, but that's not the point.
The point is, I don't think he needed to tell it as though he were narrating a story. He's not a narrator, he's Dante's brother... so I think he should talk normally - like Dante's brother. Vergil came across as if he was acting. The story is supposed to grip you, and you're not supposed to constantly be aware that the character is being acted out.
I can agree that Limbo is pretty well made, though I'm not a fan of the constant yellowish brightness of it all. Started hurting my eyes after a while.

Wow, that story really is great. The characters talk really naturally, I don't really see any clichés, and it actually kept my attention the entire time. I find it kind of interesting that this Dante seems like a combination of DMC1 and DmC Dante in terms of personality... it's an interesting idea. Even the demons you described sounded pretty cool. Really good work!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Alright, then I misunderstood.

Well, when you're standing right in front of some secret hideout with a retinal scanner and everything, no, I don't think it's necessary to explain to Dante where they were going. Seemed obvious. She literally said it right before she put her face in front of a retinal scanner in this underground facility type of thing.

Sure, Vergil telling Dante bits and pieces of their past made sense, but that's not the point.
The point is, I don't think he needed to tell it as though he were narrating a story. He's not a narrator, he's Dante's brother... so I think he should talk normally - like Dante's brother. Vergil came across as if he was acting. The story is supposed to grip you, and you're not supposed to constantly be aware that the character is being acted out.
I can agree that Limbo is pretty well made, though I'm not a fan of the constant yellowish brightness of it all. Started hurting my eyes after a while.

Wow, that story really is great. The characters talk really naturally, I don't really see any clichés, and it actually kept my attention the entire time. I find it kind of interesting that this Dante seems like a combination of DMC1 and DmC Dante in terms of personality... it's an interesting idea. Even the demons you described sounded pretty cool. Really good work!
I think you're being a little too harsh on things that really aren't that big a deal. It was just dialogue. It's a thing. It really wasn't anything to think hard about. It's not like Vergil turned on his movie trailer voice explaining it. He got straight to the point. I can think of other scenes in DmC that is actually worth some criticism. :/

And I'm glad you enjoyed my story. I've been outlining and doing rough drafts of Mission 2 and I hope to bring it soon. Stay tuned!

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Anyhoo...

I'm just saying, no DMC has ever really glued me to my controller. I've started playing some of the older games and I really have to convince myself to play it, because I keep hearing people say that Devil May Cry 3 is one of the greatest action titles of all time and I want to belong to that group.

Maybe it's just personal preference. I'm not too familiar with the DMC-type of game, with the self-assured protagonists with the many cheesy lines.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I want to give DMC5 a chance if it happens. Not sure about the outcome, but I wish the fandom a good game. Guess I'm just a casual.

DragonMaster2010

I'd like Nero to go on a journey to find Dante, as well as some explanation for what killed Dante's sense of humorin 2.

I think the book for DMC2 explained that where he went to an alternate universe in which the good guys were evil while the evil guys (Mudus) were the good guys. He basically had to kill Trish and that left him a little sour since that book took place a few days before the beginning of DMC2.

Top Bottom