• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 2015 Confirmed?

Dante Deve Morire

Trapped in Limbo
devil-may-cry-5-logo.jpg

Good news for Devil May Cry fans as Devil May Cry 5 for 2015 has been allegedly confirmed by Capcom and we would see the return of the old Dante that we all know and love.

It has been confirmed that Ninja Theory won't be working on a sequel to the Devil May Cry reboot as they are completely engrossed on working on their new IP, Hellblade.

Dualshockers reported that Ninja Theory's only response to DmC 2 questions and whether they are going to make it is a simple "Maybe one day".

Cyberland has reported though that after gamer backlash at the Devil May Cry reboot and it failing to meet financial expectations, Capcom is allegedly back to making the game by themselves and that Devil May Cry 5 is actually in the works right now.

Cyberland noted that fans can expect an announcement at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show 2014 this September and Devil May Cry 5 may be released this 2015.

No plot details are available at the moment but it has been reported that Devil May Cry 5 would follow Devil May Cry 4 and it could follow the story of Nero.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34800/20140827/devil-may-cry-5-2015-confirmed.htm

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
if this is true i will be ecstatic, however i will wait and see.

Probably won't be that into it if it doesn't have dante though.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I saw their game-lineup for TGS and so far there were no mentions about new DMC, but who knows.....

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
So that web site actually claims DMC5 as well as Dragon's Dogma 2 are 'confirmed', but give no evidence for it. All they're saying is that we 'might see a teaser at Tokyo Game Show'. So... this Korean site does not know the definition of the word 'confirmed'.

I also can't find any web site of anything called 'Cyberland'. Doesn't exist.

Color me skeptical. Seems like this site really loves to generate hype.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I guess we just wait until September to see if a teaser is released at Tokyo Game Show. It's not like we're far off September. I'm just going to wait and see. Here's hoping :thumbsup:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was pretty impressed by the logo.
Surely, if this was legit, the internet would've have gone into a frenzy by now (and I would've seen something about it on the Official Sony or Xbox Magazine Facebook pages).

Just thinking, could a game announced this late in 2014 still have a 2015 release?

This bit really stood out:
No plot details are available at the moment but it has been reported that Devil May Cry 5 would follow Devil May Cry 4 and it could follow the story of Nero.

Who said it? (No one from Capcom or anyone from Capcom Unity, that's for sure).
There are no plot details, but they know it'll follow Nero... but it'll be the return of the old Dante.

I typed in cyberland on google and didn't get anywhere either...

Just because NT supposedly dropped DmC doesn't confirm anything.

Calling bullshit.

So far, this is pretty much what I'm thinking.

But, like LoD has said, TGS is in the next few weeks, so we'll find out then.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I was pretty impressed by the logo.
Just thinking, could a game announced this late in 2014 still have a 2015 release?

Who said it? (No one from Capcom or anyone from Capcom Unity, that's for sure).
There are no plot details, but they know it'll follow Nero... but it'll be the return of the old Dante.
I was impressed too, but then I thought: yeeaah, that's not gonna be the actual logo, it doesn't even have the typical outline of a character (Dante/Nero). Probably not an official logo.

I don't think I've ever seen games announced late in one year, then get released the next year (well, maybe Fifa). I really don't think what they wrote is true.

The thought that it will follow Nero is only logical. Their reasoning is that if it's called DMC5, it will follow DMC4's story and probably Nero too. They don't have any proof, though. I haven't even heard anything about the next DMC being DMC5 - they're just passing off their own thoughts as truths.

Yeah, that article's full of it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
devil-may-cry-5-logo.jpg

Good news for Devil May Cry fans as Devil May Cry 5 for 2015 has been allegedly confirmed by Capcom and we would see the return of the old Dante that we all know and love.

It has been confirmed that Ninja Theory won't be working on a sequel to the Devil May Cry reboot as they are completely engrossed on working on their new IP, Hellblade.

Dualshockers reported that Ninja Theory's only response to DmC 2 questions and whether they are going to make it is a simple "Maybe one day".

Cyberland has reported though that after gamer backlash at the Devil May Cry reboot and it failing to meet financial expectations, Capcom is allegedly back to making the game by themselves and that Devil May Cry 5 is actually in the works right now.

Cyberland noted that fans can expect an announcement at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show 2014 this September and Devil May Cry 5 may be released this 2015.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34800/20140827/devil-may-cry-5-2015-confirmed.htm
That logo looks stylish!
However it also looks a bit photoshopped but guess we'll wait and see.

A tad bit disappointed that we probably won't be seeing a DmC2. Even more disappointed that if this will just be another DMC4, then I'll just skip it and wait for the next Devil May Cry to come around.

But I'll save my opinion for when I see a trailer first.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
The logo was made by someone on Deviant Art back in 2013... so not official...
http://www.deviantart.com/art/devil-may-cry-5-logo-256692327

It's looking more like BS now. More than it did when I originally posted.

Damn. My dreams have been crushed.

If DMC5 was announced the same time as DD2 I would just flip mah sh!t. XD

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I've seen that website, everything they post is 200% bullsh*t,don't even bother visiting that site and giving them clicks, they're worse than Kotaku.

If Capcom is actually trying to make amends to fans, starting with a port of the REmake then DMC5 is the logical choice, DmC needs to be ignored and forgotten just like Ninja Theory's new game will.

The Final Offer

I've seen that website, everything they post is 200% bullsh*t,don't even bother visiting that site and giving them clicks, they're worse than Kotaku.

If Capcom is actually trying to make amends to fans, starting with a port of the REmake then DMC5 is the logical choice, DmC needs to be ignored and forgotten just like Ninja Theory's new game will.

Son is that a Duke Nukem Avatar?

On topic though...

There are alot of sites out there that claim to know all the answers. All the leaks. I don't trust rumors unless they're strong enough to make it to a well known website. Now that's a head turner.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Son is that a Duke Nukem Avatar?

On topic though...

There are alot of sites out there that claim to know all the answers. All the leaks. I don't trust rumors unless they're strong enough to make it to a well known website. Now that's a head turner.
Yes it's Arnold Schwarzenegger photoshopped as Duke Nukem.

I've seen this site make loads of claims about Capcom, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and so on, NONE of them have ended up true, so yeah this site is complete bullsh*t.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't think Capcom even has enough money to dish out another full blown AAA title anytime soon. That's the reason why I think all they're dishing out is remakes and DLC packages.

Capcom doesn't know what to do with Devil May Cry. All I'm saying, DMC or DmC, make it good. I'm not gonna flock over to any version of the franchise unless I'm confident in its ability to give me a good, fun game.

If Capcom ever would take back the reigns for a new game, they gotta redeem themselves. I am not gonna fall for another DMC 4. I got my eye on you Capcom. DMC can shine, I've seen it done before with 1 and 3. DmC can also shine. DmC fixed things wrong with the original and brought some aspects to finally what I thought would be a natural evolution.

They both have strengths and weaknesses.

I'm not saying cross them over. I'm just saying a hypothetical DMC 5 should take in to account what DmC has accomplished and improve upon itself and vice versa.

At the end of the day, I think the original and reboot complimented each other and definitely helped highlight what was wrong with both. Take that information and make the best Devil May Cry ever. You can do that with either version. Don't just cop out and slap DMC 5 on basically another DMC 4 just because you're hoping the people upset at the reboot will blindly buy it because it's the older version.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
''All I'm saying, DMC or DmC, make it good. I'm not gonna flock over to any version of the franchise unless I'm confident in its ability to give me a good, fun game.''

For me, it's not enough for it to be a good, fun game. It needs to be a Devil May Cry game. That means no westernizations, no reboots, no retcon cr@p, just Devil May Cry as it was envisioned originally. So maybe let Kamiya work on DMC5 and make it come after DMC4's story. No annoying graffiti art and shoite, and give us a decently mature Dante. If it had graphics and cut scenes of DMC 4 quality, gameplay of DMC 3/DMC 4 quality (without the backtracking), and dialog of DMC 3 quality (not DmC's dialogs/monologs, lol) I'd be as happy as possible.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
''All I'm saying, DMC or DmC, make it good. I'm not gonna flock over to any version of the franchise unless I'm confident in its ability to give me a good, fun game.''

For me, it's not enough for it to be a good, fun game. It needs to be a Devil May Cry game. That means no westernizations, no reboots, no retcon cr@p, just Devil May Cry as it was envisioned originally. So maybe let Kamiya work on DMC5 and make it come after DMC4's story. No annoying graffiti art and shoite, and give us a decently mature Dante. If it had graphics and cut scenes of DMC 4 quality, gameplay of DMC 3/DMC 4 quality (without the backtracking), and dialog of DMC 3 quality (not DmC's dialogs/monologs, lol) I'd be as happy as possible.
You said you wanted something that's more in tune to the original game's spirit yet basically just told me you wanted another DMC 3 or 4. As far as I'm concerned, Devil May Cry has never been really the same since the first title. Kamiya himself personally doesn't enjoy everything that was done to the franchise when DMC 3 rolled around.

And the way you responded really just reinforces one of the reasons why all some of the stubborn DMC people hate DmC. It's because it isn't an anime type Devil May Cry. As an avid anime fan, I know how ridiculous weeaboos can get. A lot seem to think everything from the east is superior. They're the people that will belittle anyone who watches dubbed anime. Won't ever admit that anime and cartoons are the same exact thing. Think Japan is the anime and cosplay wonderland......you get the point.

Top Bottom