• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
I dunno. Vergil has a bit of difficulty against armored foes - they don't flinch while you chip their armor, and thus any counterattacks will instantly drop your concentration - which is needed to sufficiently get rid of their armor. Judgment Cut End also isn't quite as powerful as it was made out to be - maybe that was just a developer build that was shown off in them Gregaman vids.

Now, as for Lady and Trish....yeah. Overpowered something fierce. The sheer amount of damage Lady get dish out without even moving is absoludicrous. And Trish just makes LDK Mode a complete joke. I think these two were really just added to the package for fun, and not for any real skill-based play.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Not sure whether everyone already knows this but a punch using Beowulf will make the dice in the dice game roll the number which is urrently on top of the dice. Works just like the Devil Bringer.

Khundy

Berserker
My only criticism of the game is that the new characters are really overpowered. I mean, I just beated Belial with Lady in something like 15-20 seconds on Son of Sparda. I also one shotted Dante with her Devil Trigger thingy.

Btw, to anyone who completed the game already, did Savior actually get some changes? He threw platforms at me, seemed a lot more aggressive than in the original and during the first phase, there was a sequence where platforms appeared after a period of time and you were forced to dodge his attacks. I don't remember these things happening in the original.
Theres an alternate setting in the game. When you enter a combination code in the start menu of the game. Think they have it on the dmc4 web page.it turns it to vanilla settings

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4se/global/sp/system.html?la=en

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Actually, I did notice a difference in the overall rendering... seems using a "soft lightning" effect.

I think you have a point there. The further in I go the more I notice the background looking clearer and not so hazy and the lighting seems much more natural. I like it. ^^

I think I'll try playing as Lady soon...mum seems to like her.

berto

I Saw the Devil
No Japanese audio option, no language section option for the subtitles, and not much in the way of news for it.

I would like to play in Japanese with Spanish subs, is that too much to ask for? Yo, @GregaMan, if you're about can you help out a mate? Let the big wigs know that that's something I'd like, and I'm provably not alone.

GreedPhantom

Hi guys just saw that the Asian/Jap version comes with a movie (all cutscenes maybe ?) can anyone who have the game in physical can confirm ? Thanks. Happy Devil May Cry week !

The Good Gentleman

No Japanese audio option, no language section option for the subtitles, and not much in the way of news for it.

I would like to play in Japanese with Spanish subs, is that too much to ask for? Yo, @GregaMan, if you're about can you help out a mate? Let the big wigs know that that's something I'd like, and I'm provably not alone.
Uuhh...honestly, I think you might be on that one. :/ That's an extremely specific request!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Uuhh...honestly, I think you might be on that one. :/ That's an extremely specific request!
You think asking for multi language subtitles is that rare? Son, Californa speaks 300 languages, I'm not the only Mexican here. Plus, raise of hands who wants some Japanese audio? I will settle for the Japanese audio since I can only assume the game will auto set itself to whatever language the system is set to, but I'd like to play the game with the Japanese voice actors.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
You think asking for multi language subtitles is that rare? Son, Californa speaks 300 languages, I'm not the only Mexican here. Plus, raise of hands who wants some Japanese audio? I will settle for the Japanese audio since I can only assume the game will auto set itself to whatever language the system is set to, but I'd like to play the game with the Japanese voice actors.
just found out that the dual audio is japan exclusive

The Good Gentleman

???? is there any screen shot on it or do i have to unlock it?
Nope and nope. Gregaman confirmed it during one of his streams.
Okay. :/ I want the game to have a Norwegian dub, with subtitles in Swahili. You'll probably laugh at me for that. At least I didn't laugh!

Now, I don't know what the issue is with the Japanese audio - ask Capcom, not me! They're the ones who lied lol. But as an importer, I can tell you this: The Japanese dub is really, really underwhelming. I went right back to English after just two missions, and I was one of the really curious ones who actually fired up the game in Japanese audio. You're not missing anything, believe me.

Top Bottom