• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Okay, yeah. Other folks are making the same complaint that they didn't get Japanese audio. I guess either Greg lied, or was lied to, but I know he said it was included in the US release.

Well, if you guys really want Japanese audio, here ya be:
http://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-english-japanese/13/708qt1

Buy it now, and you'll get a Gran Turismo 6 limited edition for free. As for subs, berto, I could be wrong on this, but it depends on your PS4's system language - you can't change subs in the game menu. While I play on my main account, it has english subs - when I switch to my hong kong account (for the bonus DLC), it's in chinese. So, you could try to set up a new account in....I dunno, Mexico or Spain or something and set your system language to Spanish. Might work, might not.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Okay. :/ I want the game to have a Norwegian dub, with subtitles in Swahili. You'll probably laugh at me for that. At least I didn't laugh!

Not quite catching on, are we? There is reason not to have the Japanese dub. Capcom does this a lot, they want to cater to western audiences by not including anything from the original Japanese version. Sengoku Basara on the PS2 is a perfect example. The things is loosely... Very loosely, based on Japanese history so there are characters there who are based on figures of Japanese military history like Nobunaga and Uesugi Kenshin, but rather than having them keep the names, which are too Japanese for Western audiences they replaced their names, so now Kenshin is called Frost. It's dumb, it buh-- meh, with the, and something, like we're stupid, or what not. You know? I don't even have the words.

That was what my first complaint was about. The second one was regarding the inability to change the language on the subtitles. I'm a Spanish speaker but most of my house are English speakers, still sometimes I like to play games in Spanish. If a dub ain't available the subs are also fun to play with and since I already know English there is no point in putting on Spanish subs on and English game except to see how things got translated. On the other hand I'm still learning Japanese so I'd like to see how that works out.

Now, I don't know what the issue is with the Japanese audio - ask Capcom, not me! They're the ones who lied lol.
I was asking Capcom. GregaMan is the community manager at Capcom USA and he drops by every now and then for feedback. Hence me tagging him.

The Japanese dub is really, really underwhelming. I went right back to English after just two missions, and I was one of the really curious ones who actually fired up the game in Japanese audio. You're not missing anything, believe me.
That's OK. It wouldn't be the first time. I was still wanted to get a physical copy eventually.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
i finished the game on LDK and Devil hunter , yet the EX color has not been ulocked What diffeculty ???

And if people are dying for JP DUB here Some dante vs nero scenes

berto

I Saw the Devil
And if people are dying for JP DUB here Some dante vs nero scenes
Yep. I want that on my game. I'd love to know what they're saying, too. I only caught a couple of things here and there but I want to see the rest. I guess that's what youtube is for. I'll have to wait for a bit before I can get a copy of my own.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Now i know you have to kill a certain amount of enemies in the credit to get the EX coluor i got Trish randomly lol

l
tumblr_nqfspgAQBJ1tkbftlo1_540.jpg

BTW anyone , if u want to see any cutscene in JAPANESE feel free to ask i will do it :)

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
DMC 4 SE is not for mine Net now :(, tried to download from second account on Steam, nope I get Infinite download time so sad but I not play, can only watch now streams or walktroughs, ( thats from mine ISP problem actually had like that with MMO i have on steam called TSW, same error showed)

Khundy

Berserker
How come there's only one save file for this game (just pc?) because I want to try vanilla settings. It seems too easy...things die to quick. But I can't turn on Vanilla if there's already a save file...so will I have to delete my save file? Guess I'll just keep My old version of the game installed. also Dx10 looks like a pain to mod compared to the old version, and it seems they hid the effects folder.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Gotta complain about the optimization. Getting frame drops a few times and crashes.

Really? I didn't encounter any problems aside from the fact that when you alt+tab DMC4:SE, it won't go back to fullscreen unless you restart the game.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Matt freaking Jeevas, Lady is OP. And fast, even without the speed boost. ._. She's fun, though. My only real gripe is that I wish her bayonet would pull enemies towards the player instead of throwing them around. :/

Vergil's gameplay is just awesome. Truly incredible. <3 I think, once again, he's going to be my fav to play as.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Gotta complain about the optimization. Getting frame drops a few times and crashes.
Besides the fact that the jungle levels are bright as hell (don't know why) I did not have any problems so far, and well the graphics options that shouldn't be there to begin with.... well maybe we can mod them away somehow

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
How come there's only one save file for this game (just pc?) because I want to try vanilla settings. It seems too easy...things die to quick. But I can't turn on Vanilla if there's already a save file...so will I have to delete my save file? Guess I'll just keep My old version of the game installed. also Dx10 looks like a pain to mod compared to the old version, and it seems they hid the effects folder.
you could just copy and move the save folder so the game thinks there isn't one
then just swap them when ever you want

Top Bottom