• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
So how soon do you guys think they'll start talking about this after DmCDE's release?

I'm thinking the 16th (the following Monday) at the earliest. They'd want to give DmCDE some time to breathe, and if they start talking about DMC4SE the day after it's release it may come across as not having confidence in the game. I can't see them waiting until April to talk about it though as the may be cutting it close since rumor has for a June release (some Korean interview or whatnot, I read it on Gaf).

Your opinions?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
JESUS CHRIST, IT'S HAPPENING

Sadly, i don't have a PS4 and probably will stay that way at least until 2016. Consoles (even PCs) are ****ing overpriced here in Brazil

Dominus

So how soon do you guys think they'll start talking about this after DmCDE's release?

I'm thinking the 16th (the following Monday) at the earliest. They'd want to give DmCDE some time to breathe, and if they start talking about DMC4SE the day after it's release it may come across as not having confidence in the game. I can't see them waiting until April to talk about it though as the may be cutting it close since rumor has for a June release (some Korean interview or whatnot, I read it on Gaf).

Your opinions?
I think some time in April. Unless they attach some weird preorder deal for DmC:DE to DMC4:SE. TBH I thought we would have at least gotten another teaser by now, but I guess they really don't want this to overshadow DmC:DE. I also think we might have caused this by getting too hyped for a small teaser..loll And now it is too late to get a trailer/teaser until a decent amount of time after DmC:DE.. Also they won't wait until E3, because you'd get more buzz release a trailer before everyone else drops their reveals at E3.

My only fear is that there is not as much content as we think, so they are saving teasers/trailers closer to release. Hope I'm wrong..

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I think some time in April. Unless they attach some weird preorder deal for DmC: DE to DMC4:SE.
If Capcom gave customers a discount on DMC4: Special Edition because they bought DmC: DE, that would be amazing...but that would also be a generous business tactic, and I feel Capcom avoids generosity and convenience the same way ants avoid the looming shadow of a human foot.

I also think we might have caused this by getting too hyped for a small teaser..loll
B-but we have every reason to be hyped! The trailer promised us Vergil, and....well, Vergil! In some form...I think...

Seriously, though...DMC4 is my favorite game in the series, but until I learn what's actually in the remake, I'm not projecting a smidgen of hype towards its release. You wouldn't believe how hard some fans are soiling their pants in baseless hype over a two-second teaser. We haven't been promised a THING in terms of relevant changes, which is hilarious, because people constantly giggle about how the teaser "stole DmC: DE's thunder"...when DmC promised a butt-load of changes right off the bat.

Isn't that like boasting the success of a music album before the artist has uttered a note into the recording booth microphone? It's this kind of hype that reduces anticipation and hopes to ash...
My only fear is that there is not as much content as we think, so they are saving teasers/trailers closer to release. Hope I'm wrong..
That's why I'm toning my excitement down to a cautious and wary level. I'm only interested if Capcom has SOME changes to present...and with all the changes NT made with DmC, it's fair to say that DMC4 has some big shoes to fill.

scionicspectre

There's a reason it's not called Devil May Cry 4: Definitive Edition. I don't expect them to be adding much more than Vergil and the PC-only features. I have no reason to expect more than what they did for Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition.

Well, there are two reasons I could expect more.

1. DmC : DE might shape their idea of our expectations- that's a big 'might'.

2. Implementing Vergil in DMC 4 is already a more difficult job than in DMC 3 since he was never in the game and DMC 4 has different mechanics and a higher graphical quality. Of course, they've already built the models so the animations and effects will consume much of the remainder of the time.

Of course, that second thought is just as much reason to expect they'll do less since it's already more work than DMC 3: SE.

Dominus

There's a reason it's not called Devil May Cry 4: Definitive Edition. I don't expect them to be adding much more than Vergil and the PC-only features. I have no reason to expect more than what they did for Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition.

Well, there are two reasons I could expect more.

1. DmC : DE might shape their idea of our expectations- that's a big 'might'.

2. Implementing Vergil in DMC 4 is already a more difficult job than in DMC 3 since he was never in the game and DMC 4 has different mechanics and a higher graphical quality. Of course, they've already built the models so the animations and effects will consume much of the remainder of the time.

Of course, that second thought is just as much reason to expect they'll do less since it's already more work than DMC 3: SE.
I think calling it a special edition is more of a call back and won't imply what features we will be getting with this update. You can't call DmC a special edition because that would be confusing from a marketing stand point. When people hear special edition they will immediately think of the awesomeness DMC3 SE was.. But then again this is all pointless speculation... Why can't it be summer already...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Time to revive this thread with the greatest achievement name possible.

k17uaf.png

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
This gets me worried. Batman will trump uncle Dante no doubt.

Probably. >_> -already pre-ordered Batman- That said, I'm sure there will still be a good amount of people getting DMC4. -going to probably end up spending her first paycheck after it comes out on DMC4- >_>

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Well at least the price is low. And on PC I'm sure that it's gonna be even lower on online key stores. About the half, I bet.

Good point. Some people will get it just cuz the price is good. Are they still doing the download only copies?

Top Bottom