• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Bringer!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
to all the people that are 100% sure they are right: no theory is stupid. the only stupid thing that can be done when making theorys is to mistake opinion for fact

now here is my opinion on the devil bringer.

1. starting with the most important line " from that day forth my arm changed and a voice echoed Power give me more Power" the one comment on that line i have at the moment is to poin out the word "that" let me explain with a generic example of its use. " not this one right here. that one over there." so if the word "that" is used to refer to a day then you can be sure that the person saying is is not taking about the day they say it but somthing that happend on a day before it ( or maybie after) so the line was probably ( notice i said probably not definitly) referring to the day nero gained the DB in the first place ( note: that donsn't prove any theorys about what happened on that day.) oh and i highly suspect nero was talking to himself when he said that line. the part about turning into a demon may reffer to somthing diffrent from what the first part of the line was talking about. nero clearly wasn't thinking strait at that moment so it can't be expectied to be completly straitforward .
( i thought i whould have theorys about the rest of it but i can't think of any so i will have to leave you with just this for now.)

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
na i think the same sorta line as u lik bt the how do u explain the fight at the start before he reaches the ceromony? :lol:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
CHAOSBRINGER546;205530 said:
na i think the same sorta line as u lik bt the how do u explain the fight at the start before he reaches the ceromony? :lol:

while perfect grammer and spelling are not needed you do need to improve yours just a little.because im not really sure what you are trying to say. so please clarify your question.

Aeon

Sparda Junior
Since I just can't resist putting down my own guess about Nero's DB, I'll write it down.

Nero was attacked before the Festival of the Sword and the injury he received eventually made his hand into DB. Hiding it in the cast, he faked that he was still injured. Proof that the hand was already demonic before DMC 4 is that it pulsed a little, as if reacting to Dante's presence before he jumped down and shot Sanctus. So when Nero said "From that day forth, my arm changed." he was talking to Agnus since the phrase "My arm changed" obviously meant when he received the DB. Him absorbing Yamato only gave him the ability to Devil Trigger, not the Devil Bringer.

My guess to why only Nero's arm turned devilish is probably because his body came in contact to a demon. As the DB reacted to Dante's presence, I could assume that when Assault injured him, that brief contact could trigger the dormant demon blood within him maybe?

"You know God, I always hated you for giving me this arm" (Or something like that). Even though the time-line in DMC 4 is short, he probably said that because the reason Kyrie was afraid of him earlier was because of the Devil Bringer. It also caused Credo to try and rescue him but died doing so. So in a nutshell, he hated the arm because the reasons above and because he had to hide it.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
completely off target but my friend had this game not me and he was too lazy to play it so i ended up doing the whole game for him (not in one day thoe of course)and i told him the whole story all he knows is its called devil may cry and nero has a devil arm (hes upssessed with the arm)cant he listen i might as well take the game so he moves away..........so back to topic...................i have no idea well at the start it looked like he came from somewhere his arm got infected and slowly turned demon and pretty typical it awakens when he fights dante (of course)

Rebeliion

Crimson Fire Scorch Earth
nero really could be the son of vergil u kno.....lets say vergil had him b4 dmc3...vergil is a half demon and if he crossed with a mortal their son would be less...taking into account he's still a descendant of sparda hes still strong but since hes quarter of a demon he cannot fully transform thus his devil arm...maybe it's an imperfect transformation cuz he's not even half......just a theory

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Rebeliion;250745 said:
nero really could be the son of vergil u kno.....lets say vergil had him b4 dmc3...vergil is a half demon and if he crossed with a mortal their son would be less...taking into account he's still a descendant of sparda hes still strong but since hes quarter of a demon he cannot fully transform thus his devil arm...maybe it's an imperfect transformation cuz he's not even half......just a theory

Yeah but why would he want a son if it's all about him obtaining ultimate power? Surely he doesn't care what happens to his power after he dies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've just typed the track listing, and (hang on)... I can only assume that the Devil Bringer is also referred to as "The devil's right arm".
I'm still thinking that Nero could be linked to Mundus and Not Vergil.

(Pretty sure I'm in some sort of denial. Why do I look at these threads!)

Rebeliion

Crimson Fire Scorch Earth
Chloe_Ryder;190192 said:
I'm very thoroughly confused.
The part they put in the guide about Nero being in a fight and getting hurt, along with his female companion (Kyrie) who received minor injuries - doesn't that basically depict what happened in the beginning of the game? You know, Kyrie being a dummy and getting run over by a falling knight, and Dante slashing Rebellion into Nero's arm? (any answers to clear this up will be appreciated, since it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out)

I agree with GGC about the 'from that day forth' saying - because Nero's arm did suddenly transform into a demon one when Dante crashed the party. That's when his arm changed. I really like the idea of Vergil's spirit hanging around Dante, and having an influence on Nero (since he's the one who heard him saying 'more power'), which could make it plausible that when Nero 'died', Vergil was present in the room (because Yamato was there) and saw the chance to somehow manifest himself and went 'aha, foolish boy, now you're mine!' This is just a theory of mine. I like trying to make sense of the somewhat senseless, ahem, capcom.

By the way you guys, Nero being an experiment was just speculation from a fellow fan. It most likely won't fall in line with the story in DMC4. I just really like the idea, because I'd prefer Nero being a human gini-pig than an actual descendent of Sparda - because really, he gives Devil may 'cry' a whole new meaning, and not a flattering one.

i really dn't think this makes sense that nero refers to when dante used stinger on him to the day his hand changed.....that would seem pretty dum....From that day forth my arm changed.....from that day forth was what 4 hours ago...it just happened why would nero make it sound as if it happened a long time ago...capcom is realllly good and making us lose our minds

Megan

personally i like the idea of the descendant...preferrably a son of sparda....after all sparda was a powerful demon he had to be pimpin...lol...or..if a descendant, then a descendant of a woman that sparda was with long before eva was born...since sparda was thousands of years old....but...as i was sayin, sparda, it doesn't contradict....i'm sayin that the transformation coulda happened at any time without the catalyst of the attack and there's no way to tell that the attack caused it....Nero said the "from that day forth" line when he got yamato...so it has to do with yamato, not the fact that his arm looks all demonlike...he had the DB before then....and sparda...u dnt know it has to do with the personality...it could really have been his spirit

Nero is the son of Vergil cause it was said by an employee of capcom.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
But it wasn't an official announcement.
It was just posted on someone's Capcom Unity blog, but hey If anyone wants to, we can all believe hearsay..
Plus, when a thread is two years old, it normally stays dead. ;) (a bit like vergil)

Agility

"Known"
But it wasn't an official announcement.
It was just posted on someone's Capcom Unity blog, but hey If anyone wants to, we can all believe hearsay..
Plus, when a thread is two years old, it normally stays dead. ;) (a bit like vergil)

He never actually...died.
If Mundus is still alive so is Vergil.

Top Bottom