• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Bringer!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;190193 said:
Yamato is a Devil Arm. It possesses its own soul. Because Vergil had a spiritual bond with the sword, It derived traits of his memories and personality.

Hah, okay. That clarifies that.

On the day of the annual Festival of the Sword, a powerful man appeared seemingly from nowhere. Before anyone could act, this man assassinated the head of the Order.

A young knight of the Order, whose only purpose previously was the extermination of all demons, was immediately ordered to pursue the mysterious assassin.

A number of demons appeared suddenly from deep within the Mitis Forest and attacked the city, destroying a number of houses and inflicting slight injuries to citizens.

As luck would have it, Nero, a knight of the Order of the Sword, was present at the scene. All demons were exterminated. During this incident, a private female citizen who was a traveling companion of Nero's, was injured. Nero himself received a minor injury to his right shoulder.

Read that and tell me I don't have reason to be confused. Mysterious assassin = Dante. Young Knight = Nero. Dante tunes 'adios', Credo turns to Nero and says 'you must capture him', they set foot outside the cathedral and BAM, What do you know? An influx of demons attacking the city from out of nowhere. So where is the friggin line between past and present? What happened when? Argh. I know what you guys are saying about it happening before the game, but it confuses me the way they've put it down in the guide.

And I have to get this off my chest for all fanfic writers out there (excluding Z, cos I really like you *huggles*) "On the coast of a distant land lies the castle town of Fortuna". It does NOT say Fortuna is a friggin island. It just DOESN'T.

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;190195 said:
as i was sayin, sparda, it doesn't contradict....i'm sayin that the transformation coulda happened at any time without the catalyst of the attack and there's no way to tell that the attack caused it....Nero said the "from that day forth" line when he got yamato...so it has to do with yamato, not the fact that his arm looks all demonlike...he had the DB before then....

In fact, It's a contradiction.

The phrase clearly hints at the moment where Nero was wounded and at his arm, not mentioning Yamato at all. The arm began to change after the wound began to spread rapidly.

Just pay attention at this little fact.

You can never hide something like a demonic arm for years or even months. The attack of the Assaults happened some time before the actual events of Devil May Cry 4. The time between the attack and DMC4 was very small, a week probably. That time was justified for his arm to be hidden to the public eye.

Sparda™

A number of demons appeared suddenly from deep within the Mitis Forest and attacked the city, destroying a number of houses and inflicting slight injuries to citizens.

As luck would have it, Nero, a knight of the Order of the Sword, was present at the scene. All demons were exterminated. During this incident, a private female citizen who was a traveling companion of Nero's, was injured. Nero himself received a minor injury to his right shoulder.

On the day of the annual Festival of the Sword, a powerful man appeared seemingly from nowhere. Before anyone could act, this man assassinated the head of the Order.

A young knight of the Order, whose only purpose previously was the extermination of all demons, was immediately ordered to pursue the mysterious assassin.

This is the right order.

The guide has written the events reversely.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
ur contradciting urself there...u make some sense now! Nero said his arm was different after he got yamato...watch the scene...i'm not saying he got the DB after yamato...but apparently his DB was different after yamato....as for Dante...u need to make sense there...they are referring to Dante assassinating Sanctus in the guide, according to wat clairavance said

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;190199 said:
ur contradciting urself there...u make some sense now! Nero said his arm was different after he got yamato...watch the scene...i'm not saying he got the DB after yamato...but apparently his DB was different after yamato....as for Dante...u need to make sense there...they are referring to Dante assassinating Sanctus in the guide, according to wat clairavance said

Watched the scene a million times. The Devil Bringer remains the same and was the same before Yamato and after Yamato. He explicitly mentions his arm changing, nothing about a sword or Yamato.

I corrected what the guide mentioned. Seemed the guys at Capcom just want to puzzle the sh1t out of everyone who doesn't know storyline details.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
ok...do u work for capcom? no...so are ur "corrections" canon? no...and it doesn't matter if the DB visibly changed or not...it's wat nero said at the time...it had NOTHING to do with an attack the happed waaaaaay before....that would be utterly pointless...maybe it has something to do with the ability of YAMATO being absorbed into it and allowing him to have a DT

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;190201 said:
ok...do u work for capcom? no...so are ur "corrections" canon? no...and it doesn't matter if the DB visibly changed or not...it's wat nero said at the time...it had NOTHING to do with an attack the happed waaaaaay before....that would be utterly pointless...maybe it has something to do with the ability of YAMATO being absorbed into it and allowing him to have a DT

Clairavance misinterpreted the guide.

The attack took place before the mysterious man killed the head of the Order.

The attack happened a day before the Festival of the Sword. The wound spread rapidly, dramatically possessing his entire right arm, hence him hiding It inside the cast at the intro.

The Devil Bringer feeds on Devil Arms and Devil Items.

You can see that by the various items Nero absorbs throughout the game. After uniting and then absorbing Yamato's power through the Devil Bringer, Nero had the ability to Devil Trigger.

His arm changed from that day FORTH...

Sparda™

The light injury he took in his right shoulder made possible the creation of the Devil Bringer at that moment.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
he is talking about recieving the DT from YAMATO....he woulda said something about the attack at the beginning of the game and then said that if he meant the wound...but no..he didn't...he was talking about the day he got the repaired yamato...and thats when he got the DT

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;190206 said:
he is talking about recieving the DT from YAMATO....he woulda said something about the attack at the beginning of the game and then said that if he meant the wound...but no..he didn't...he was talking about the day he got the repaired yamato...and thats when he got the DT

That doesn't make sense.

He united Yamato in that moment. That thing didn't took days. Agnus saw It right there.

He talked about the day he got his arm wounded and that day changed his life forever.

You have to put some logic in your posts, reason a bit more. Not everything you see and read in the cut scenes is to be taken with the exact meaning It is being said. Everything is connected.

Attack -> Wound -> Arm hidden -> Festival of the Sword -> Dante kills Sanctus -> Nero confronts Dante -> Nero goes to hunt Dante down ordered by Credo -> Nero discovers the secret lab of Agnus where he creates Angelos -> Nero is attacked by Angelos and is nearly dying -> Nero remembers Kyrie's screams for help (definitely from the attack occurred) -> Devil Bringer reacts to the presence of a Devil Arm near itself -> Nero Devil Triggers -> Nero's speech...

From that day Forth...my arm changed. and a voice echoed...Power! Give me more...Power! And If I become a demon, so be it. I'll endure the exile...Anything...To protect her..

This is final... I rest my case.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
OMG....THAT IS WAT I'M ****ING SAYING! LEARN TO READ...WHEN NERO HAD THE SPEECH, HE WAS TALKIN ABOUT THE DT...HE HAD NO MENTION ABOUT BEING ATTACKED...THERE IS NO ****ING CLUE TO HIM SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT AN ATTACK..HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ATTACK!!! HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE DT! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Sparda™

From that day forth...my arm changed. and a voice echoed...Power! Give me more...Power! And If I become a demon, so be it. I'll endure the exile...Anything...To protect her..

TRANSLATION FOR DUMMIES BY SPARDA™

From that day forth...my arm changed. - The day Nero was attacked by Assaults before the Festival of the Sword - the arm changing because of the injury suffered in his right shoulder. That's how the Devil Bringer came to life.

Because days have passed from that day which his arm changed.

Please, follow us at our next translation. Don't miss It!

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;190211 said:
nero was speaking to the audience...as in...that day forth..from the moment yamato joined his armthats the day he is talking of

Which audience? Agnus is the only one. He's talking about the Devil Bringer. Watch the cut scence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0mhO6gPro

Next time, before posting threads, watch cut scenes better. Trust me, It's better for everyone of us.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
the audience playing the game...he is not saying it outloud...it's more like something in his head...he ain't sayin **** to agnus...he said nothing to agnus about power...he said nothing to agnus about the arm

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;190213 said:
the audience playing the game...he is not saying it outloud...it's more like something in his head...he ain't sayin **** to agnus...he said nothing to agnus about power...he said nothing to agnus about the arm

No. He's saying that to Agnus. The whole speech. It's about the arm.

This the truth - like it or not. It is already a game canon fact. Can be easily confirmed by every member here who has the same knowledge base as me - Zato-OW specifically mentioning.

You can send him a message at his profile and he'll say the same as I've been saying to you.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;190203 said:
The attack happened a day before the Festival of the Sword. The wound spread rapidly, dramatically possessing his entire right arm, hence him hiding It inside the cast at the intro.

Okay. If this is the case, then why does Nero go 'you know what God? I always hated that you made my arm like this' near the end?

Consider the fact that this whole mission went down within 24 hours from the moment Dante put a bullet in Sanctus. If Nero got injured only the day before, why does he give the impression that it's been longer with that line? (okay, in my case he's had his arm stuffed up for a long time since I suck at actually getting through the missions, but I'm going on cutscenes alone and the story as a whole)Is he just really pathetically melodramatic?

And, you keep saying it was an attack by Assaults that injured Nero. How do you know this for a fact? They don't mention what type of demons it was, not in the guide, and not in the game itself. So, where did you get that from?

(This is all obviously directed at Sparda)

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;190217 said:
i stand corrected

Dreaming, much?!

clairavance;190248 said:
Okay. If this is the case, then why does Nero go 'you know what God? I always hated that you made my arm like this' near the end?

Consider the fact that this whole mission went down within 24 hours from the moment Dante put a bullet in Sanctus. If Nero got injured only the day before, why does he give the impression that it's been longer with that line? (okay, in my case he's had his arm stuffed up for a long time since I suck at actually getting through the missions, but I'm going on cutscenes alone and the story as a whole)Is he just really pathetically melodramatic?

And, you keep saying it was an attack by Assaults that injured Nero. How do you know this for a fact? They don't mention what type of demons it was, not in the guide, and not in the game itself. So, where did you get that from?

(This is all obviously directed at Sparda)

Nero was portrayed to look as a DMC3 Dante + Vergil mixture of character. He has the same childish behavior of a teenage, but shows that collected nature of Vergil.

That phrase directed to God, was simply a reference to the fact that his arm was made so by the wound, and not that he was born with It or God Himself made the wound.

The only demons who'd attack the city from the Mitis Forest, are the Assaults. That can be easily verified by the in-game demons you encounter in the first missions, where Assaults spawn in Fortuna. Chimeras never went off the limits of the forest and except Scarecrows who appear almost everywhere, Assaults were the ones who'd do that. Those were the ones who attacked Fortuna and the ones who wounded Nero. In the DMC4 Story released after the game, It is mentioned something similar.

Top Bottom