• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DB Dante vs Bayonetta

Triggerpigking

They have'nt done dante vs deadpool. i'm fairly sure dante would win that fight easily anyway...but since deadpool is immortal, it'd never end, unless they got bored and went for pizza and chimichangas XD.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Okay well....So I posted the thread.....But I've gotten like no notifications since berto's post.....weird

Anywho, yeah, I'm happy with the fight, the character I was rooting for won, that's fine.

And while it is fun watching two characters fight to "prove" who'd win. And I can't believe I'm only remembering it now.

But Stan 'The Man' Lee himself gave an answer in regards to the whole "Who wins between these two characters" the only real answer is 'Whoever the writer wants to win'.

And it's true, it's kinda like, and he's like the biggest Superman fanboy ever, AngryJoe pointed out, under several circumstances, both Superman and Batman are capable of beating each other.

And honestly, we don't know the exact limits for either character. We know that Bayonetta has more impressive feats of raw strength, but we don't know if blocking the punch of a giant statue (And yes Morgan, he freaken blocked it, it was his hands holding onto Rebellion wasn't it?) is his limit. Actually I'm sure of it, as he did it in his human form (thus at his weakest), so that's not even taking his devil trigger, let alone the majin form (Which as much as I love the DMC4 demon form, would have been cool to see) into account. But again, we don't know Bayonetta's exact limit. They both have very impressive feats of speed (I'm of the opinion the raindrop scene did happen, it basically takes place before the cutscene after the mission 7 fight, where's my proof? None at all, just an opinion. What's the proof it didn't? Also none at all.)
But they do have a point, Dante is unarguably, a lot harder to kill. The fact her fighting style is based on evasion kinda reflects that.
So maybe that was enough to justify having Dante win...I mean, it is called Death Battle after all, which character being harder to kill off is kinda a factor, it's why they took so long to find an opponent for Wolverine, it's part of the reason RoboCop beat the Terminator, and it's why Deadpool beat Deathstroke (he has a weapon that nullifies healing factors)

Also, just a nitpick but
@WolfOD64 , Goku vs Superman wasn't even close to the first Death Battle, it was the season 1 finale....That's not really important just pointing out

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
we don't know if blocking the punch of a giant statue (And yes Morgan, he freaken blocked it, it was his hands holding onto Rebellion wasn't it?)
That's the stupidest bit of logic I've ever read. You might as well be saying he killed every boss with his bare hands because "it was his hands holding onto his guns/sword, wasn't it?" or in Marvel terms, arguing that Iron Man lifting anything above his head while in his Mk-whatever armor means Tony himself is lifting said object and not the suit picking up most of the slack.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
AgentRedgrave is right. It doesn't matter if he was using Rebellion to block it, it's still his muscles doing the job of stopping the punch. And I don't see how the Iron Man example fits, his suit is designed to enhance his strength, Rebellion does no such thing. It's not like he used it as a lever or something. His arms did the job. Period.

But whatever. Blocked it or not, he still pushed it back afterwards which still takes a ton of strength.

And besides, what's the point of even arguing his strength? They already gave that point to Bayonetta.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Seriously? The argument is not whether or not he blocked it, it's whether or not he did it with just his bare hands as in not using anything else except his hands. You saying he used Rebellion is exactly what "bare hands" doesn't mean. Let me repeat that, barehanded = nothing in or covering one's hands. Jester blocking the Yamato by catching it in his hands would be barehanded. Dante's feat in 4 is not that. The last time he got punched by anything bigger than he was, and he didn't have his sword on him, he left a person-sized dent in the floor.

Let me keep the analogy DMC relevant, then. You're still telling me that Dante killed every boss with his bare hands because "it was his muscles swinging Rebellion or using his guns", or that Dante's bare skin can deflect Nero's bullets just because he can shoot E&I to knock them out of the air or otherwise deflected them with Rebellion.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The argument is not whether or not he blocked it, it's whether or not he did it with just his bare hands

Ok then. I guess I was mislead and I thought that by pointing out that he did not use just his hands you were denying the strength he used to block and/or push back the punch.

If the argument was merely the mere use of hands and not his strength, sorry I misunderstood, amico.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
That's the stupidest bit of logic I've ever read. You might as well be saying he killed every boss with his bare hands because "it was his hands holding onto his guns/sword, wasn't it?" or in Marvel terms, arguing that Iron Man lifting anything above his head while in his Mk-whatever armor means Tony himself is lifting said object and not the suit picking up most of the slack.
Considering the fact blocking the punch depended on HIS strength, NOT the blade itself, I say it's very sound logic. Does Rebellion actually enhance Dante's physical strength in any way? None that I've heard EDIT....Wait wait wait you mean the argument from your perspective is the use of the term bare-hands"?.....Really? Well okay I'll agree that I wouldn't have worded it like that....But MY point is, it doesn't really take away from the feat

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm curious as to what everyone's thoughts are about Trish and Jeanne getting involved in the fight.

Personally, I didn't really like it. The fight was billed as "Dante vs Bayonetta" and should have stayed that way.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm curious as to what everyone's thoughts are about Trish and Jeanne getting involved in the fight.

Personally, I didn't really like it. The fight was billed as "Dante vs Bayonetta" and should have stayed that way.

Yeah, interference is usually annoying. I mean just take a look at wrestling, it's always happening on that.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter

Yeah I agree, I remember them stating Vegeta wasn't allowed Super Saiyan 4, because he can only do so with Bulma zapping him. And thus wasn't allowed.
Honestly at first I was like "Wait is Trish giving him the Sparda sword?". Instead she joined in the fight and I was like "Huh????" Then Jeanne showed up and I was like "Okay, if Bayonetta wins because of Queen Sheba, that is totally unfair, it's suppose to be one on one".
But as it stands, I don't mind it being a backdoor pilot

Triggerpigking

I kinda liked Jeanne and trish joining in, it made for a more entertaining fight and they did'nt interfere much nor do I think DB considered them in who would win(I was worried they were gonna let Bayo and jeanne summon Queen Sheba though).

DBX was terrible though, I get the point that it's death battle without any of the research so it's just a fun battle nothing else but...the animation and everything was terrible so what was there to enjoy? Plus the fight is extremely one sided when you think about it, Jeanne managed to go head to head with bayo something trish never managed to do with dante, and Jeanne has a lot more impressive feats under her belt as well.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Regardless of how much power bayonetta had dantes royal guard would literally counter anything she would throw at him given the fact that the guy never went dreadnaught or his DDT...bayonetta is strong no doubt about that but after DMC 1 Dante doesn't show his true potential anymore...so we don't know his limits

Top Bottom