• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DB Dante vs Bayonetta

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Also I never noticed them cutting apart the rain in dmc3, that just makes that cutscene even more badass xD

The scene where they deflect the rain drops was just an artistic feat in the choreography to make it look more badass. Yes it was cool but tbh I find what actually happened in the battle, Dante slicing the bullets in half, an even more impressive feat of speed.

Not as much as Vergil parrying them with his sword. But we're close. We're close.

Yes, he underestimates his opponent! He's cocky, overzealous, overly-confident....THAT'S his weakness...."

...which is why it doesn't hinder him at all during the fight. You bring up a weakness that you never even employ once during the bout.

LOL noticed that. Even though yeah, he is cocky and he does underestimate his opponent but overall underestimating the enemy and being too proud, I see them more of a Vergil weakness than Dante's. Which is why he lost against Dante in the first place.

I can't disagree with you, they did show the cockiness in the battle but didn't make it play as a weakness for him.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I find it kind of funny how people say "Why does he get THAT power, or THAT weapon" in a hypothetical fight scenario. Well, if you think that the character shouldn't be allowed (?) in a fight, then okay, but it doesn't stop them from having it in the video. We can only take into account what we see in the video. It's hypothetical, you can say whatever you like, that's the whole point - Dante with Yamato = Win - Dante without Yamato = Loss. You can look at it whichever way you think it would work out, but if they give him Yamato, then he has Yamato.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
LOL noticed that. Even though yeah, he is cocky and he does underestimate his opponent but overall underestimating the enemy and being too proud, I see them more of a Vergil weakness than Dante's. Which is why he lost against Dante in the first place. I can't disagree with you, they did show the cockiness in the battle but didn't make it play as a weakness for him.
Exactly. Keep in mind...I've sort of built a reputation for being the DMC nay-sayer around here, and even I found this weird. It's even weirder when you consider that the aspect of Dante underestimating his enemy actually hasn't been a relevant part of his character since DMC3...as much as I hate that game, part of his meager, microscopic list of changes he underwent by the game's end was that he didn't attack Vergil first, like he did with all his other enemies, but tried to analyze and counter him.

This trait actually spanned over to DMC4, interestingly enough...where Dante is still cocky and overzealous, but acknowledges the fact that he still needs Nero's aid to fight the savior. It showcases that he's a more experienced combatant, and is employing more strategic measures than whipping out Rebellion and whatever one-liner he has first, and actually planning around his enemies' tactics.

It's strange that Death Battle didn't even consider that...but when they brought up his cockiness as a legitimate weakness, I almost got intrigued. But then the weakness they were alluding to turned out to be an aspect of his personality he didn't have anymore, and what's more, they didn't even use it whatsoever for the entirety of the fight.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
meager, microscopic

Nah.

It's strange that Death Battle didn't even consider that

Not to me, no. From what I've seen, they often don't take timelines into account, preferring to put the characters' most... how to say... "general" and well known traits into play. Regardless of whether said character still possesses those traits or not (even though one could argue that he actually did underestimate Nero at the beginning of DMC4, so...).

Because if they were to actually consider the timeline, they'd put DMC2 Dante there.

I mean, it's why I smile when I see people taking this so seriously, it's done for the hell of it, it's an hypothetical fight that could never happen in the first place, so cut the saltiness, you know (yeah, I'm also looking at you Kamiya... what are you, 13?).

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I mean, it's why I smile when I see people taking this so seriously, it's done for the hell of it, it's an hypothetical fight that could never happen in the first place, so cut the saltiness, you know (yeah, I'm also looking at you Kamiya... what are you, 13?).
So you did saw it too!Good boy Foxy!

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Why, were there more?

Not to me, no. From what I've seen, they often don't take timelines into account, preferring to put the characters' most... how to say... "general" and well known traits into play.
That is very true. This series has taken some well-established traits of characters and ran wild for it for the sake of creating a spectacle. But I just find it strange that they'll take time and energy to meticulously explain the speed Dante'd have to be swinging to knock so many raindrops out of the air...an explanation most would consider a bit excessive and unnecessary for a fight like this...but gloss over something even some who isn't a fan would consider a key aspect of Dante's character. It's nothing to get upset about, really, though.

Regardless of whether said character still possesses those traits or not (even though one could argue that he actually did underestimate Nero at the beginning of DMC4, so...).
Well, I mostly meant in the second half of DMC4. Dante doesn't even know who Nero is at the start of the game, when he was already working a plan to infiltrate the Order and get Yamato back.

Wait, you thought I was taking this fight seriously?

This series started with Superman and Goku fighting each other...most people would logically conclude that the world would explode if the two were even within an inch of each other.

I enjoyed the fight for what it was, and even moreso given that they dialed back Dante a bit and actually had Bayonetta do more of the banter (which might cater to why she ended up losing, to be honest). I just brought up something I thought was pretty basic, something that the crew over at Death Battle, amusingly enough, managed to look over in their feverish attempt at adding science and logic to what in all honesty should be just fights for the sake of gratuitous fan-service and adrenaline, and not much else.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Did anyone else watch the spinoff, DBX Jeanne vs Trish?

Jeanne wins btw. Though I can't shake off the feeling that it's a consolation prize to appease fans of Bayonetta. Not that it'll work.

Gel

Premium
Did anyone else watch the spinoff, DBX Jeanne vs Trish?

Jeanne wins btw. Though I can't shake off the feeling that it's a consolation prize to appease fans of Bayonetta. Not that it'll work.

But that makes sense!Trish is a strong as Lady and Jeanne is probably stronger than Bayo.

Gel

Premium
Yes, Trish was not a fighting demon, was just a temptress. Dante overcomes her easily in DMC1 and trains her in DMC1 end. Trish fights Lady in Anime and she did not overcome Lady.Trish is even p**** off because Lady still fights back at the point of Trish tries to electrocuted her. Trish's super strengh came from the idea she is strong as Dante from that DMC2 skin Dante's replacement.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Trish fights Lady in Anime and she did not overcome Lady.

Trish was holding back the entire time. She was just playing around with Lady, as she was close to Dante. Similarly to how Dante was playing around with Nero in DMC4's beginning.

Gel

Premium
Trish was holding back the entire time. She was just playing around with Lady, as she was close to Dante. Similarly to how Dante was playing around with Nero in DMC4's beginning.
Seeing her reaction and attitude, I don't believe on that, since she could overcome Lady easily if that was true. Trish's advantage is that she is a demon and possesses regeneration and electricity as weapon.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Seeing her reaction and attitude I don't believe on that

That's exactly why I do. I gotta rewatch the fight, but I remember her taunting Lady, making her lose her cool, being kinda passive in the battle letting Lady do a lot of the effort... seemed pretty clear she was toying with her.

Trish's advantage is that she is a demon and possesses regeneration and electricity as weapon.

Well, dayum, sister!

Wait, you thought I was taking this fight seriously?

Nah I didn't mean you. I said "people" in general. On YouTube, Twitter... all of those people who throw tantrums and rant on why Bayonetta should have won or why it was right that Dante did.

Last edited by a moderator:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
coolness, awesome work, cowabunga! i never had a taste of bayonetta, but i could say both dante and bayo are the perfect fair match for eachother.. it was an awesomely fun watch..

i'm gonna wait for scalebound to come out and hopefully see a DmC dante versus that guy, and i hope they're on the same level..

after seeing the dante vs bayo video i kept thinking who's DmC dante's perfect match

Triggerpigking

Tbh while dante's cockiness is an issue for him, he knows when to get serious, we see that at the end of 3, Vergil loses then primarily because he becomes the cockier one and understimates how much dante has grown and again overistimates his abilities against mundus, Dante learned from his mistake while vergil did'nt.

However in the Bayo fight, i'm not sure he needed to be as serious, lets be honest he did'nt even have to start up his majiin form or most of his high level abilities like that, and it should be said that Bayonettas very cocky as well as from what i've been told she only does the stripping thing(which leaves her wide open for attack without her armour) simply to play with her opponent.

Triggerpigking

Yeah I was hoping to see that as well, I suppose since Bayo did'nt get him near death it did'nt activate.
I actually did'nt know what majin form was till recently, since i've never played dmc2 and damn, if anything awesome came out of that game it's the majin form.

Top Bottom