• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Sexual Orientation

IncarnatedDemon

Oh please. If I would have made fun of the DmC Dante you wouldn't have said a single thing to me. Poking fun at the original Dante is considered taboo to you. I love the Metal Gear Solid series as it's probably my favorite video game series but I also make fun of those games all the time. Lighten up.
Perhaps i would ignore if you poked at DmC Dante. I would however think it is unecessary.

Ive learned this much: I dont go around calling DmC Dante emo.
That ****es off DmC Dante fans. Neither do i call him something like swag or fag.

But Chancey, this isnt about me.

@ DmC Dante being bi:
Zero will become happy. And i am not a total fan of DmC Dante.
Ill be happy for Zero.

However, if original Dante was bi, i would accept it if it wasnt mixed with "Being bi is in now!".

If they just made him bi and thats it no talking.

But i wouldnt think that was a cool move. I hate changing of characters to attract to people when the character is already established .

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yes. Chancey poked at original Dante, you didn't reply to him and say he shudnt do that.
But MrRandom poked at DmC Dante to a bigger degree than chancey poked at original Dante, you replied to him.

Or are you saying Chancey's claim of original Dante being a dork is correct, and MRRandoms claim of DmC Dante being swagfaq and emo false?

Both of em are false, so i view it as a small attack because you went after one guy only.
The way he acts, yea he could be chalked up as a dork. As for DmC Dante being emo or a swagfag? Nah. I thought emo were those kids that sulk over trivial bs and wear tight clothes flicking hair out of their eyes every 2 seconds. And I thought the swagfags were the people that looked like this
1180186ada7449b59067a43.png

Dante in DmC doesn't seem to match the description. He's more punk.

IncarnatedDemon

That can be discussed though. The cheesy oneliners and his non-care attitude can easily be considered as dorky. Should someone run around and be like that IRL, he could be considered a dork.
Fair enough, may i suggest we look at this?

Word story
The history of dork is a short one. It’s been around only since the 1950s or 60s, originally as a slang term for “penis.” Most likely dork was just an alternative form of dick, a word that started out as a nickname for Richard—a name meaning “fellow”—but which by the late 1800s, had taken on the additional meaning of “penis” (which is certainly part of a fellow) in British army slang.
By the late 60s, American college students had extended the meaning of dork to refer to a socially awkward person. While at first this sense of dork carried pejorative connotations, the term has since been “taken back” by the people it once so cruelly described, and now can even be given as a compliment. If a girl calls a guy “adorkable” (the combination of “dork” and “adorable”), she means to say he is cute in a socially awkward, yet endearing way.
Geeks and nerds, while still dorky, are generally considered more intelligent than dorks. Next time you call someone a dork think about its short history in the English language, and reflect upon what a word nerd you are.

So is Dante a socially awkward person? Because it's this definition of the word "Dork" we're thinking of right? Cause thats what i thought of.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Perhaps i would ignore if you poked at DmC Dante. I would however think it is unecessary.

Ive learned this much: I dont go around calling DmC Dante emo.
That ****es off DmC Dante fans. Neither do i call him something like swag or fag.

But Chancey, this isnt about me.

@ DmC Dante being bi:
Ill be happy for Zero.

However, if original Dante was bi, i would accept it if it wasnt mixed with "Being bi is in now!".

If they just made him bi and thats it no talking.

But i wouldnt think that was a cool move. I hate changing of characters to attract to people when the character is already established .
Ok so you just flat out admitted it's ok for us to make fun of something you don't like and we have to never insult the original Dante because it's forbidden.

IncarnatedDemon

Ok so you just flat out admitted it's ok for us to make fun of something you don't like and we have to never insult the original Dante because it's forbidden.
I am fan of original Dante not DmC Dante. And though i don't encourage insulting DmC Dante, i don't adress insulting of it either.

I ignore it. Not my business to be honest. And it's not like i have any obligations to do so.

ZeroLove

@ DmC Dante being bi:
Ill be happy for Zero.

I wouldn't say I would be happy, due to the reasons I put in my post above:
Because Dante is a fictional character in a game where a love interest has no importance at all, then it doesn't matter what he is. As mentioned earlier, let the fanfiction writers decide what he is in their made-up stories. It is why it is called fiction, after all. Personally, I don't think it would add to his character to let us know for certain whatever his sexuality is, because it doesn't matter to his character or to the story.
It simply isn't important what his sexual orientation is. So need to confirm one or the other. I would see it as an unnecessity, so if Capcom or NT chose to say "Oh, by the way, Dante is gay." or whatever, then I wouldn't jump around in joy, I would question them WHY it was necessary for them to tell us that.

So is Dante a socially awkward person? Because it's this definition of the word "Dork" we're thinking of right? Cause thats what i thought of.

Well, he kinda is, isn't he? If the anime is canon, then he does indeed appear as rather socially awkward. He doesn't really socialize with people or get along with many in the anime, though he has a good heart.

IncarnatedDemon

Well, he kinda is, isn't he? If the anime is canon, then he does indeed appear as rather socially awkward. He doesn't really socialize with people or get along with many in the anime, though he has a good heart.
How is he that according to anime? I barely watched 5 episodes.

And your answer is pretty good about sexual orientation. I feel the same way.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I am fan of original Dante not DmC Dante. And though i don't encourage insulting DmC Dante, i don't adress insulting of it either.

I ignore it. Not my business to be honest. And it's not like i have any obligations to do so.
But you have an obligation to freaking jump the case of anyone who makes fun of the original Dante. You hypocrite. I have every right to make fun of every character in Devil May Cry whether they be from DMC or DmC. You know why I make fun of Dante? Because I can and I'm a fan. Are you telling me you can't make fun of him?Just look at this.
Dante_4.png

And this

Need I go on?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I wouldn't say I would be happy, due to the reasons I put in my post above:

It simply isn't important what his sexual orientation is. So need to confirm one or the other. I would see it as an unnecessity, so if Capcom or NT chose to say "Oh, by the way, Dante is gay." or whatever, then I wouldn't jump around in joy, I would question them WHY it was necessary for them to tell us that.

Ugh, that Devil May Cry show is awful. You know what, I want a black Dante. Or a transexual Dante. Why not?

ZeroLove

How is he that according to anime? I barely watched 5 episodes.

And your answer is pretty good about sexual orientation. I feel the same way.

Well, as said, he doesn't really socialize. He goes to this bar and gets a strawberry sundae, all alone, eats it and then leaves. The only ones he more or less socialize with are people who are more or less forced upon him, like Lady, Morrison and Patty.

Ugh, that Devil May Cry show is awful. You know what, I want a black Dante. Or a transexual Dante. Why not?
I actually liked the anime. Dunno why so many doesn't.
Oh, I can just hear the raging fans tear the sky apart with their screams should Dante be turned black or appear in drag. XD

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, as said, he doesn't really socialize. He goes to this bar and gets a strawberry sundae, all alone, eats it and then leaves. The only ones he more or less socialize with are people who are more or less forced upon him, like Lady, Morrison and Patty.

Oh, I can just hear the raging fans tear the sky apart with their screams should Dante be turned black or appear in drag. XD
Black Dante" Ebony and Ivory are about to bust a cap in yo b!tch ass Mundus. I make dem devils cry like one of my b!tches."
In the most stereotypical black guy voice possible.

IncarnatedDemon

Doesnt make that make him a closed person, he didnt have any trouble talking when he had to.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ugh, that Devil May Cry show is awful. You know what, I want a black Dante. Or a transsexual Dante. Why not?

Because the "true fans" won't allow it. >_<

And we already have a black Dante...

tumblr_m0hnp2llQK1rpq025o1_400.gif

Wow, DMC3 Dunte even copied the "slice-through-enemy-torso-move" in the Vergell DMC3 boss fight. And yet somehow, he's still "original".

... Not to mention a black Vergil as well... in a blue trench coat and wild hair, no less (look it up, this guy's name is actually "Virgil")

tumblr_mh5k6x2DEQ1rrmg6po1_500.jpg

Did DMC Vergell copy the "sleeveless look" as well as an alternate costume? Seriously, Capcom has zero shame. :/

But you have an obligation to freaking jump the case of anyone who makes fun of the original Dante. You hypocrite.

Were you really expecting anything else from the elite?

Need I go on?

No. You don't. You've made your point perfectly clear. It's just that those who are in denial feel the need to justify their insults and underhanded comments by implying that us "hipsters" are wrong through their lopsided logic.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Because the "true fans" won't allow it. >_<

And we already have a black Dante...

tumblr_m0hnp2llQK1rpq025o1_400.gif

Wow, DMC3 Dunte even copied the "slice-through-enemy-torso-move" in the Vergell DMC3 boss fight. And yet somehow, he's still "original".

... Not to mention a black Vergil as well... in a blue trench coat and wild hair, no less (look it up, this guy's name is actually "Virgil")

tumblr_mh5k6x2DEQ1rrmg6po1_500.jpg

Did DMC Vergell copy the "sleeveless look" as well as an alternate costume? Seriously, Capcom has zero shame. :/

Were you really expecting anything else from the elite?

No. You don't. You've made your point perfectly clear. It's just that those who are in denial feel the need to justify their insults and underhanded comments by implying that us "hipsters" are wrong through their lopsided logic.
Dude, it would be awesome to have a badass Blade game.

IncarnatedDemon

Zero, the word i was thinking of:
Introvert.

The episodes i watched i didn't see Dante having any problems talking with people. He just avoided people.

I haven't watched anime throughly but i believe i know why.
I've watched Naruto. In Naruto there is Kakashi, he lost his two friends and his father.

After that he became introverted if thats a word. Because he had experience the people he loved die he kept a distance between himself and the new people in his life.

That's the vibe i am getting from Dante in anime without watching every episode.
This video seems to be inspired by the anime, and it shows how Dante griefs over his family. But in the end he realizes he new loved ones there for him.

Top Bottom