• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Sexual Orientation

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think it was about this one from DMC1, I didn't look too far into the theory itself, but I think it was debunked because "Sign of Chastity" could also have been concluded to be something to show chastity, and not that only people of chaste could use it.

It was also part of the theory that the item didn't "resemble a brain" but a testicle >.<

It would sorta explain Dante's personality. He's really not that good at speaking with women, and he's sort of a doormat to the women he knows :p

IncarnatedDemon

I think it was about this one from DMC1, I didn't look too far into the theory itself, but I think it was debunked because "Sign of Chastity" could also have been concluded to be something to show chastity, and not that only people of chaste could use it.

It was also part of the theory that the item didn't "resemble a brain" but a testicle >_<

It would sorta explain Dante's personality. He's really not that good at speaking with women, and he's sort of a doormat to the women he knows :p
Lol you must be trolling. My troll radar says so :p

Dante telling a woman to get out of his sight

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

Then there's DMC4 with Dante hiding behind his magazine because he wants to stay out of Lady and Trish's talk of money....and Trish telling Dante what to do after the Saviour is on the rampage. He makes like he wants to disagree, but then back down.

He is a bit of a doormat.

Also, does the interaction with Patty count in the anime? He was a bit of a doormat with her too.

IncarnatedDemon

I am afraid of what would happen to Dante if he met Bayonetta and this comic hits the coffin on the nail:
dante_vs_bayonetta_by_weremole.jpg

Dante's body is not read for Bayonetta.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium

It was also part of the theory that the item didn't "resemble a brain" but a testicle >_<

Yes, there was that theory.Have you ever seen a dissecated testicle? It resembles a brain. Int the inscription said it resembles a brain, not that is a brain.That theory came from the fact the Chalice could be Saint Graal and chastity is the item required to the person hold it.See Galahad legend. Go to see mision 11 of DMC1 and see the indications given there and conclude for yourself.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
First,Classic Dante's sexual orientation is a non-issue, since it not contributes to his personality or for his job and motivations. I also know Classical Dante's sexual choices come to discussion time to time.
But know being serious: Is his sex life so important? If he was virgin, would you lose your affection or respect for him?And if he's gay or bi or whatever?If yes, maybe you don't like him so much as you think.
Do we realise that we are make the exact thing Bob Barbas and his subordinates were doing to DmC Dante: discriminating him? Does DmC Dante happier because he had alot of sex? In his own word, he is not. He feels his soul is empty, he rides those "bodies" without feeling nothing behind physical pleasure( if he still feels it, since he drunks so much to forget it). He admits it brings nothing for him.( I'm just comparing them since someone compared them first)
So, would Classic Dante feel happier for having a orgy on screen? For God's sake, tell me your kidding:p

Gel, those are some really well said words :)

Reactions: Gel

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yes, there was that theory.Have you ever seen a dissecated testicle? It resembles a brain. Int the inscription said it resembles a brain, not that is a brain.That theory came from the fact the Chalice could be Saint Graal and chastity is the item required to the person hold it.See Galahad legend. Go to see mision 11 of DMC1 and see the indications given there and conclude for yourself.

Gel...? I think...I actually know about the theory because you were talking about it on the DMC Wiki with another member! Or at least I believe there was a Gel there at some point, but maybe I'm getting users mixed up :x

And YEAH! Crap...I totally blanked on my Galahad knowledge :p

Either way, I had only seen the theory in passing, thought it was interesting, but never really thought too much about it >.<

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Gel...? I think...I actually know about the theory because you were talking about it on the DMC Wiki with another member! Or at least I believe there was a Gel there at some point, but maybe I'm getting users mixed up :x

And YEAH! Crap...I totally blanked on my Galahad knowledge :p

Either way, I had only seen the theory in passing, thought it was interesting, but never really thought too much about it >_<

Yeah dear one, that Gel is me and I present that theory to Anobi , but I wasn't the first one to see it .That theory was old as the game itself and , as you may know , I always backup everything I say. I like to investigate everything.My bad!:p

If you see everything Dante colects in DMC1 are tests to his persona and if you verify all of his "tests"( virtues), you will see he is a true Knight( like Sparda).Even Dante Alighieri had to prove his chastity to approach his " Holy one" Beatrice.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't really have an issue with this scene as it wouldn't be uncommon for Dante in DMC3 to party and i imagine he had a active and reckless sex life in his younger years.

I would say its not effective in trying to show Dante as living a life of desperation and that he is downtrodden, underprivileged etc but that might not be would they were trying to show.

Top Bottom