• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Personality

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, I think Capcom themselves are confused XD. And don't forget manga and novel Dante.

Prohaps they were testing which Dante the fans prefered the most, which is why DMC4 Dante seems to be a mix between DMC1 and DMC3 Dantes. Because people like those two best.

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;78848 said:
Yeah, I think Capcom themselves are confused XD. And don't forget manga and novel Dante.

Prohaps they were testing which Dante the fans prefered the most, which is why DMC4 Dante seems to be a mix between DMC1 and DMC3 Dantes. Because people like those two best.

I like the DMC4 Dante, although there's a mix of 'coldness' in It.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergilissexy;78826 said:
Tony, if they wanted them to be teens, then they're definately around 17-19. It's just like when they said it's been 10 years since then. They didn't exactly say the twins were 27-29, but add 10 years to that. 8D

You're probably right. Rep+ for it^_^

So the only Dante with age unknown is DMC2 Dante. (If DMC2 is still acceptable in Capcom).

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;78875 said:
You're probably right. Rep+ for it^_^

So the only Dante with age unknown is DMC2 Dante. (If DMC2 is still acceptable in Capcom).

In the interview Kobayashi stated that the events from DMC3 to DMC1, have a 10 year timeline. I just skipped this explanation and said the age...;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Ah, that's what got me. Because, I remembered that there's no interview stating "Dante is THAT age in the game 100%" or something. But since you meant that, we're cool^_^

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;78885 said:
Ah, that's what got me. Because, I remembered that there's no interview stating "Dante is THAT age in the game 100%" or something. But since you meant that, we're cool^_^

That's why you got lost in the first place..:p

And, by the way, DMC2 is canon.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
All of his personalities have been different like in 1 he was half cocky and half badass, in 2 he was very quiet and dark, in 3 he was really over the top cocky and arrogant and in 4 he wasnt that far of his 3 personality (as it is the same teenage sounding voice actor). If DMC2 is cannon at what point did he discard his badass side and at what point did he turn into the dark quiet Dante we see in 2?

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;78890 said:
All of his personalities have been different like in 1 he was half cocky and half badass, in 2 he was very quiet and dark, in 3 he was really over the top cocky and arrogant and in 4 he wasnt that far of his 3 personality (as it is the same teenage sounding voice actor). If DMC2 is cannon at what point did he discard his badass side and at what point did he turn into the dark quiet Dante we see in 2?

It is out of the question to ask If DMC2 is canon or not.

The first points of 'coldness' and 'darkness' are seen in DMC4. If you have seen the cutscenes, and all the rest.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
dmc3 dante had the best personality, he knew when to be serious and when to be cocky.. dmc4 nothin phases him, his reaction to everything becomes to obvious

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dante Aseroth;78883 said:
In the interview Kobayashi stated that the events from DMC3 to DMC1, have a 10 year timeline. I just skipped this explanation and said the age...;)

*Tilts head* That can't be right.

In a DMC4 interview Kobayashi himself said that Lady has aged 10 years since DMC3, so inless DMC1 and 4 occured in the same year...

It was said in this interview, http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/kobayashi-devil.html Someone posted it in the forum while we were all still waiting for 4 to come out. Don't you guys remember reading it?

Edit: BTW, does it really matter DMC2 is canon or not? Other than his personality, it has no effect on the series.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Guys, I am a little bit confused here. I know that first comes DMC3 then DMC1 and I know that DMC4 is after that again but what about DMC2 when is that?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Strifer;79027 said:
Guys, I am a little bit confused here. I know that first comes DMC3 then DMC1 and I know that DMC4 is after that again but what about DMC2 when is that?

Probably after any other DMC game.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Strifer;79027 said:

after 1?.. :|

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Tony_Redgrave;79034 said:
After 4 as well.

wait.. i used to kno this but i forgot from the lack of dmc, is it dmc3, dmc4, dmc1 and dmc2.. or wht is it?.. thought 4 was between dmc3 and 1

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
heatlancer;79035 said:
wait.. i used to kno this but i forgot from the lack of dmc, is it dmc3, dmc4, dmc1 and dmc2.. or wht is it?.. thought 4 was between dmc3 and 1

As you correctly said it goes like this DMC3->DMC1->DMC4->DMC2.

Although we don't have a clue how far from the others DMC2 is, it's definitely after all of them.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;79039 said:
As you correctly said it goes like this DMC3->DMC1->DMC4->DMC2.

Although we don't have a clue how far from the others DMC2 is, it's definitely after all of them.

i wish to know what really happens to Dante before DMC 2 events,if DMC 2 is not scrapped or abandoned...:)

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;78961 said:
*Tilts head* That can't be right.

In a DMC4 interview Kobayashi himself said that Lady has aged 10 years since DMC3, so inless DMC1 and 4 occured in the same year...

It was said in this interview, http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/kobayashi-devil.html Someone posted it in the forum while we were all still waiting for 4 to come out. Don't you guys remember reading it?

Edit: BTW, does it really matter DMC2 is canon or not? Other than his personality, it has no effect on the series.

What's wrong?!

The time gap between DMC3 and DMC4 is 10 years. Lady was confirmed to have aged 10 years from DMC3 to DMC4, and we can realize easily that Dante has aged 10 years as well.

Yeah, I know that interview, by the way.

And, as for DMC2, I think that It does matter If DMC2 is canon or not. It is a very interesting twist in Dante's personality, and It is the game where Dante hints that Sparda is alive, but in another realm.

Top Bottom