• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Personality

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Do you think he's overly cocky or is it okay since hes been fighting for so long? personally I think he was best in 3 where he was cocky but he was serious at times too. but in 4 hes ALWAYS cocky.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
yasoukyoku;75409 said:
Do you think he's overly cocky or is it okay since hes been fighting for so long? personally I think he was best in 3 where he was cocky but he was serious at times too. but in 4 hes ALWAYS cocky.

In all the other games there are enemies that can prove difficult for Dante and therefore make him serious. In DMC4 there are enemies that can prove difficult for Nero, who is not a match for Dante, therefore the enemies are nothing for Dante and he has every right to be cocky:p

Keaton

Premium
Dante is Dante.
In ALL games he is cocky though as Tony said there is an element of seriousness when he comes against something on par with his skills.

But yeah, Dante's awesome...especially when he's sitting on Berials tail ^___________^

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I only liked his cockyness in 1. In 3 I felt that he couldnt take anything seriously (apart from maybe 7 seconds of the game..sort of) and the same with 4.

In one is seemed to be more of a dignified cockyness. More of a tough guy cockyness than a clowning around teenage cockyness. 1 was the only game I really loved Dante to death in everything he said was pure gold.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
darth_angelo45;75570 said:
In one is seemed to be more of a dignified cockyness. More of a tough guy cockyness than a clowning around teenage cockyness. 1 was the only game I really loved Dante to death in everything he said was pure gold.

QFT=] Rep+

Dark Love

Order of R.L.C.
Keaton;75448 said:
Dante is Dante.
In ALL games he is cocky though as Tony said there is an element of seriousness when he comes against something on par with his skills.

But yeah, Dante's awesome...especially when he's sitting on Berials tail ^___________^

When I first saw that scene, I was like, "Dante! Don't you fear for your balls?!"

But yeah, I prefered Dante in DMC1. I found he spoke too much in DMC3... but it wouldn't be so bad if they found a balance between DMC1 and DMC3 Dante. The reason for this is because I missed certain parts of Dante's personality that was not included in DMC4.

You'd think that after getting Vergil's half of the amulet in DMC1 and remembering how he and his brother got them, that when he finally had Yamato in his hands that it would conjure something in him. Not necessarily a memory... and he didn't need to say Vergil's name or anything... but maybe just a brief pause while looking it over to let you know that he thought of Vergil, even just for a moment. That would have been enough for me. Instead, he just gives Vergil's things away.

Sacred Knight

Dark Love;75577 said:
When I first saw that scene, I was like, "Dante! Don't you fear for your balls?!"

But yeah, I prefered Dante in DMC1. I found he spoke too much in DMC3... but it wouldn't be so bad if they found a balance between DMC1 and DMC3 Dante. The reason for this is because I missed certain parts of Dante's personality that was not included in DMC4.

You'd think that after getting Vergil's half of the amulet in DMC1 and remembering how he and his brother got them, that when he finally had Yamato in his hands that it would conjure something in him. Not necessarily a memory... and he didn't need to say Vergil's name or anything... but maybe just a brief pause while looking it over to let you know that he thought of Vergil, even just for a moment. That would have been enough for me. Instead, he just gives Vergil's things away.

Because Nero needed it and Dante say that, he maybe a cocky ******* but hes still a good-ish person.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dnate has the moves,Dante has the looks,Dante has the grooves,Dante has the style,and Dante has the right to be cocky!!

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Keaton;75448 said:
Dante is Dante.

that scene made my day..."i wish u woulda noticed me sooner, charred my coat" lol..hearing that as u watch him sitting on this huge demons tail...that just takes the cake...dante is cocky..he knows he is...the enemies know he it...we know he...but he has a right to be..i mean come on...i tore berial apart in less then a minute with dante

Sacred Knight

NERO116;75623 said:
that scene made my day..."i wish u woulda noticed me sooner, charred my coat" lol..hearing that as u watch him sitting on this huge demons tail...that just takes the cake...dante is cocky..he knows he is...the enemies know he it...we know he...but he has a right to be..i mean come on...i tore berial apart in less then a minute with dante

I perfered throwing him around as Nero

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I think DMC4 Dante is awsome, he's more like a cross between DMC1 and 3 Dante. I also think he isn't serious in part 4 because he doesn't have anything to be serious about. He's carefree, I like that about him.

Although, I did feel a serious tone in his voice when he said, "it was originally my brother's." Or was it just me?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
No, he definitely got less wiseass when talking about Yamato, he even hesitated a bit before explaining it. Plus, as for letting Nero keep it, that indicates he knows of Nero's relation to the family, because like he said "it needs to stay in the family."

Sparda™

Vergilissexy;75631 said:
I think DMC4 Dante is awsome, he's more like a cross between DMC1 and 3 Dante. I also think he isn't serious in part 4 because he doesn't have anything to be serious about. He's carefree, I like that about him.

Although, I did feel a serious tone in his voice when he said, "it was originally my brother's." Or was it just me?

DMC4 Dante is pure phenomenal! I think It's the best Dante I've ever seen in the series.

As for the serious tone, Dante obviously cares for his family a lot.

Dante Redgrave;75638 said:
No, he definitely got less wiseass when talking about Yamato, he even hesitated a bit before explaining it. Plus, as for letting Nero keep it, that indicates he knows of Nero's relation to the family, because like he said "it needs to stay in the family."

Or he just sensed he could trust Nero, since he saw the reaction of him with the sword, its close relation, If I may say.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
I still like DMC1 Dante the best and even 3 more so than 4 since his dialog did involve more than just wise cracks. In 3 he still had a lot more serious dialog with Vergil and Lady.

Enma47

Dante has 100 percent earned the right to act the way he does. I think you almost have to be cocky if you can survive being stabbed through the chest and various other places on your body, repeatedly, with different types of swords, and scythes and things, get chomped on by a giant dragon type thing and then open its jaw and hop out, get shot it the forehead by lady, and many other thing that would easily demolish and normal human, and probably a lot of American super heroes. long story short he has definitely earned the right to stand there and make fun of a monster that is hundreds of times his size.

aka958

Don't trust people
ye it is his way... i think it is like a tactic for him to Talk Cocky to Scare the enemy.... and in DMC4 he actually Gave Yamato and ForceEdge (TransFormed) to the Order Of The Sword and Nero found Yamato Broken in Agnus lab

Son of Dante 33

Tony_Redgrave;75427 said:
In all the other games there are enemies that can prove difficult for Dante and therefore make him serious. In DMC4 there are enemies that can prove difficult for Nero, who is not a match for Dante, therefore the enemies are nothing for Dante and he has every right to be cocky:p

yeah i agree nero got serius cuase all the enemies were challenging for nero and his girlfriend got kidnappened. dante was just there for the money he really didnt care about anyone there. i hope dmc5 is dantes game so that he can be more serius but still keep his cockyness

Top Bottom