• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Age (Yes, Another One)

Viper

Premium
To what Viper said.

Also, someone said that the manga claims Eva died 10 years prior. Where abouts is that said, and was it in the official English release or just the Japanese version?
I can't find a specific example of my claim in manga, just one part where Vergil says "My father was one*. That is where my strength lies."

*he means demon

There might be a better example in games, but that would take me a tiny bit longer to go through.

As for Eva...

This is from devils-lair, a fan translation of Japanese version, confirmed to be quite accurate.

In Vergil's flashback below, we can see something burning in the background. Since this is the cemetery, which are usually on the outskirts of towns, and the burning object is quite large to burn like that, it is most likely that the house Arkham mentions is the same that Vergil and his family lived in.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I feel that the first game is the only one of the games that has an attempt at putting up a timeline with Trish's comment about it being 20 years and fans just using the later dialogue with young Dante/Vergil's birthday as what the 20 years referring to.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Okay, I've updated the first post with all the confirmed info we've compiled so far. I think I can work out Dante being 19 in DMC3 using what we have, though an exact quote would be even better.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
I answered a thread like this before, but it's not officially said by anyone. It is said that Dante had lost his parents when he was 7/8 (sorry I get DMC and DmC mixed up). In DMC1 Trish says "20 years ago you lost your mother" or something like that. So in 1 he's around 27/28.

DMC1 takes place after 3, but before 4, which takes place before 2.... Time line goes like so, DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, DMC2. APPARENTLY! So we can say Dante's in his early or mid 30's in DMC4. Although he seems to look older. And later 30's in DMC2.

In the time period between the manga and DMC3 a year passes by. That I know for sure, but I have no clue about any other time periods between games, the anime, or anything. If you count Lady still being a school girl in the Anime as a time point, you can say that to. In DMC4, it was said that Lady is shown all busty to show time passing from her being a school girl to a grown woman. There's THAT to think about. We can't really know how old Dante is by his hair because he already HAS white hair. Anyways that's all the info I can give.

Hope this kind of helps, and sorry if I didn't put the right information. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm also curious to know if this is true. :thumbsup:

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Well, that does add up with what we have so far, mate. DMC1 Dante's about the age of Cobra, which I hear is 27/28. The timeline you have is correct, confirmed by the 3142 artbook. I doubt Lady is still in school by the anime since that's roughly 10 years after DMC3, plus, can you really imagine Lady going back to school after DMC3 is over (though that would be hilarious).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In the time period between the manga and DMC3 a year passes by. That I know for sure, but I have no clue about any other time periods between games, the anime, or anything.

Well the Devil May Cry Anime is supposed to be set between Devil May Cry 1 and Devil May Cry 4.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Can anyone confirm Cobra's age, maybe with a source? I've seen it as anywhere from 27-29.
You can find it in one episode( which I can't remember since I saw it many years ago).
Cobra remembers who he used to be before his plastic surgery, so he asks Lady where his ship Tortuga.She takes him to a graveyard and you can see his "false" grave, which has when he was born and when he died.Cobra grew quickly tired of his" new life", so not too much time passed between his "death" and his return to his old life.

Gel

Premium
The very first ones.I can't remember more than that.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
I have no idea where to find the original manga. What about the anime or more recent manga series? Did any of them state it to anyone's recollection?

Gel

Premium
In the older anime you can find that episode.The new anime is just a continuation of Cobra's adventure.

Gel

Premium
So it's definitive: DMC developers don't know franchise timeline. What was V's age when he sired Nero? 13 or 14 years old?He looks he is in his early thirties in DMC4SE.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Tbh I don't see them keeping Vergil at 14 when Nero is born since I dont see them having the pure brass balls to tackle a teen pregnancy.

The games themselves don't establish age or timeline or even order of events outside of DMC1 so its easy for a future writer to move things around if they want to.

Gel

Premium
It's not the first time I see in Japanese anime parents at age of 16 0r 17. If we were to believe on DMC4 novel( since we have no other references) Nero is 16/17 years old ( Sanctus said V was in Fortuna 16/17 years ago).
If they wanna keep Dante in his thirties, V would be a dad at 16/17 too?He wasn't even in his majority's age, he was more of a young boy than an adult!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The games themselves don't establish age or timeline or even order of events outside of DMC1 so its easy for a future writer to move things around if they want to.

What do you mean? In DMC3 we see Dante keeping Force Edge in his shop, getting his DMC1 outfit and Vergil going against Mundus, it's evident it's set before DMC1.
In DMC4 we see Dante with Lady and Trish as his partner, as well as Sparda being his property, so it's evident it's set obviously after 3 and 1.

DMC1, 3 and 4 timeline order is pretty evident, so I wouldn't say timeline is not established. The only one which is not clear where it fits in the timeline if not for Capcom saying it's the last one in order (unless I forget something from the game) is DMC2.
Age in particular, on that I agree.

Veloran

So it's definitive: DMC developers don't know franchise timeline. What was V's age when he sired Nero? 13 or 14 years old?He looks he is in his early thirties in DMC4SE.
4SE is set for him prior to DMC3, so Vergil would be around 16-18.

Ixbran

Smashing~
How about we all just agree that being half Demon, Dante doesn't physically age like humans do. DMC2 could be well into the future, to the point Lady has died from old age. but characters like Trish and Nero would still be around due to their demon heritage. Though considering Nero is less than half demon, he'd probably old and wrinkly like Matier is.

Top Bottom