• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Age (Yes, Another One)

DanteTheJester

That devil hunting douche who married a pizza.
No games ever really challenge CANON STATUS. Canon status for these games may as well be chocked up to an episode of Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy. They're pretty much just episodic adventures that have a slight issue with timeline placement.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Right.

@LordOfDarkness

Could you update the opening post with this? Maybe sticky the thread too?

That'd be something that the OP would have to request. I know Snake mentioned something about editing their first post, which I responded to and hadn't received a further reply about so this has since been left as it is.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes please, @LordOfDarkness. Please add this to the end of the original post. But if I may ask, why was that rule implemented?

Okay, no problem. I'm not 100% sure, I think it happened after the whole software was changed on the forum. Also members were editing their posts to sneak in snide remarks and jabs at others. In the end, the time in which you could edit your posts had decreased and has stayed that way since.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Does anyone have a scan or direct quote of the Game Informer October 2007 where it was said that Nero is the age of DMC3 Dante. I'm wondering if it says he IS the same age, or ABOUT the same age.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Got another couple notes here:

•Since Lady fills out quite a bit by DMC4, we can safely say that the time gap between the anime and DMC4 is as large as it can possibly be (which you may recall, I suggest is at least 1 year after DMC1 due to Trish, with a full 10 years between DMC1 and DMC4). As such, I think it's fair to assume that it's the full 9 years, leaving Anime Dante at 29.

•With this in the timeline, 9 is now a more prominent number for Dante's ages.
Eva's Death: 8 - Manga: 18 - DMC3: 19 - DMC1: 28 - Anime: 29 - DMC4: 38

This got me thinking. What if Dante has a birthday in the "several months" between the Novel and DMC2? With 9 a more prominent part of the pattern, maybe Dante is 48 during the Novel and 49 during DMC2.

Any thoughts on this? Think this adds up or am I just stretching?

Also, side note: I recently wrote my own take on Vergil's visit to Fortuna if anyone's interested. DA - FF.net

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
And here's the ultimate culmination of all this:
liked and faved on youtube
that was some great editing and research

just something to add even tho it won't change anything
a few days ago i tweeted Kamiya and asked if Dante was immortal
he responded if Dante remained in his demon form he would be almost unageing
but since he chooses to live as a human he ages normally

2L8f.png

J9Ppd.png
[/QUOTE]

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
liked and faved on youtube
that was some great editing and research

just something to add even tho it won't change anything
a few days ago i tweeted Kamiya and asked if Dante was immortal
he responded if Dante remained in his demon form he would be almost unageing
but since he chooses to live as a human he ages normally

2L8f.png

J9Ppd.png

Makes since considering Sparda lived for 2000 yrs before assuming a human disguise and dying.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
What is "almost unaging" even supposed to mean? You're either able to age (at whatever rate), or you're not. There's no middle ground.
i think he means the ageing process is extremely slow

Sparda was alive for over 2000 thousand years and still looked good enough to get married after all that time
i'm not sure if i should use the legendary dark knight costumes as a reference of what Sparda looked like tho

so i guess if Dante were to stay in demon form for say 400 years he would look practically the same

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Considering his cells can't age and wear due to his healing factor like wolverine, dante shouldn't really age either

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Considering his cells can't age and wear due to his healing factor like wolverine, dante shouldn't really age either

Obviously they age, since he's visibly older each game (except maybe DMC2). And Dante's aging rate doesn't even seem slower than a normal human. Not that it matters in determining his age anyway.

Also, healing factor doesn't matter in aging. The ability of cells to regenerate or replace themselves if wounded or ill, doesn't affect their ability of aging.

Reactions: Gel
Top Bottom