• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante or Wesker?

Dante or Wesker?

• Dante

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Wesker

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

meg127;225105 said:
Well great! Now I'm back to thinking Dante will win. I'm so undecided. :wacko: As much as i hate math I wish there was an formula we could plug some numbers into and find out who's faster. Some one want to get on that?

Humans can see in tens of frames per seconds (fps). Wesker can see in hundreds of fps - can decode the movement of every moving object in the world and move normally around this perception of his which switches automatically and at his own will. The normal human eye cannot percept Wesker's movement which would be normal If the generic human eye would percept the same way as Wesker, but since It cannot percept the same way the world as Wesker does, It sees Wesker as a moving wind.

Dante and Vergil are both in a great disadvantage when facing Wesker. So even though Vergil will use his fastest moves when facing Wesker, Albert is still able to move freely around Vergil while he's still having his hand at Yamato trying to get It out of the sheath to unleash an attack. Now can you imagine how fast Wesker is? For not mentioning he can kill people with his bare hands and thrust through bodies with his bare fingers alone.

You mean this.

Meg

@Sparda- No. You said humans see at 10 frames per seconds. Dante and Vergil are half demon so their sight is probably better.

Sparda™

meg127;225127 said:
@Sparda- No. You said humans see at 10 frames per seconds. Dante and Vergil are half demon so their sight is probably better.

Tens of frames. Humans can tell till 50-60 fps.

Wesker can see at 200-300 fps, and that changes automatically to aid in fights.

Demons in Devil May Cry so far haven't shown anything like that in any of the cases. Dante and Vergil haven't also shown signs of similar behavior to that of Wesker, so It's safe to say since they're half-breeds, they see the same as humans do.

Meg

Sparda™;225136 said:
Tens of frames. Humans can tell till 50-60 fps.

Whoops, my mistake.

If you don't mind, I'm going to argue with you. Dante can keep up with Vergil who moves pretty darn fast, so I won't be surprised if their sight is better than a humans.

Sone

DUST TO DUST
MMMMMMM ok let's do this in my way, well....send Wesker on Mundus or Argosax or Beowulf !!!!! END of story see ya ;)

Sparda™

meg127;225140 said:
Dante can keep up with Vergil who moves pretty darn fast, so I won't be surprised if their sight is better than a humans.

They're half-breeds. Of course, their endurance, speed and stamina is somewhat enhanced compared to normal humans, but their sight hasn't shown heightened levels or able to behave at the same level as Wesker. In most of the confrontations, they have shown agility with weapons but nothing similar to what Wesker does.

Vergil moves fast with Yamato, but that comes to the bond he has with the sword and about the fact Devil Arms bond themselves with the wielder. You can see that after Dante defeats each of the gatekeepers and he starts doing a kata with the Devil Arms like he has mastered them for years. It shows that the Devil Arm bonds itself with the wielder and grants him abilities, drives the wielder in few words.

Let's face It, without Devil Arms, Dante can't do ****. That's why I think Wesker has an easy time swiftly overpowering Dante, disabling him quite easily and killing him without hesitation.

aka958

Don't trust people
Everyone says that Vergil is pretty fast... Humans can be fast, even in those frames, as you can see when Dante fights Vergil you can actually SEE Vergil most of the times. No, I'm not talking about the actual boss fights, I'm talking about the cutscenes. Vergil can teleport, but at limited length, and only towards opponent, back from them, or above them.

This is getting ridicolous. I'm a Dante fan, I'm a Wesker fan. Maybe more Wesker fan than Dante fan but still. I'm neutral on this. It's like that Hack'n'Slash vs thread, of course Kratos would've won, I HATE Kratos but he would won since his business is killing gods all the time.

Dante does learn his enemies techniques, he doesn't underestimate his opponents. In DMC4 he met an old fart and a giant statue that have newly gained life. Of course he was ****y and had the upper hand, the order of the sword is a gang of nubs that though they were something.

Wesker haven't killed that many things close to his power because there aren't any! In Wesker's world there are NOTHING on par with him.
Wesker was bound to die because, he was the antagonist. An antagonists work is to get his ass handed, how mundane it'll come.
Look at Exdeath, Sephiroth, Ultimecia, Necron, Kefka, and lots lots of others. They all had gigantic power but had to die because they are in fact, the antagonists.

Saying Wesker died by mere humans is a weak standpoint because he is the antagonist. It's like saying all Final Fantasy antagonists where screwed by kids, teenagers, sometimes accompanied by a grown up or two.
ZOMG! Ultimecia! SHNIT WERE SCREWED! SHE CONTROLS FRIGGIN' TIME! Ahh, but I don't have to worry, I got a gang of 16-18 year olds.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
One Winged Angel;224884 said:
From what I've seen of DMC, Dante can't really do much without Guns, Gauntlets and Swords :/

:O That's an unfair statement, y'know, seeing as we don't actually get to see Dante interact with enemies without any weapons, and neither do we get to play him without any weapons. Weapons are part of the Dante package, like the whole move-like-the-wind-whoohaa thing is part of the Wesker package, so it's unfair to deprive one or the other of the abilities that make them the characters they are. If Dante had to fight Wesker without his weapons, it gives Wesker an unfair advantage. If Wesker had to fight Dante without his masterful-speed ability, it would give Dante the unfair advantage. See what I'm saying?

@Credo: I wasn't flaming anyone, I was being very careful not to flame Wesker in particular, and I'm sorry if my opinion was perceived as 'flaming'.

So...y'know, before threats like 'you'll get banned if you don't shurrup' from other members and accusations of me being a troll for not backing down on my opinion come up, I'll get out of the thread and let the votes speak for themselves.

Cheers^_^

Sparda™

clairavance;225258 said:
:O That's an unfair statement, y'know, seeing as we don't actually get to see Dante interact with enemies without any weapons, and neither do we get to play him without any weapons.

Really? I think It's fair enough as seeing Dante sticks always to his guns and Devil Arms.

clairavance;225258 said:
Weapons are part of the Dante package, like the whole move-like-the-wind-whoohaa thing is part of the Wesker package, so it's unfair to deprive one or the other of the abilities that make them the characters they are. If Dante had to fight Wesker without his weapons, it gives Wesker an unfair advantage. If Wesker had to fight Dante without his masterful-speed ability, it would give Dante the unfair advantage. See what I'm saying?

That's exactly where you're wrong.

So far, all what the anti-arguments have brought in this thread, have been about Wesker's speed. That alone beats Dante by miles. Wesker can thrust someone's torso with his bare fingers, lift adult humans effortlessly - he broke a Uroboros rocket's exterior steel shell with a punch. Last time I saw Dante trying to get past a door, he hurt himself and the door stood still. (DMC3, when he first met Jester).

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
In that same DMC 3, if you can remember, at the very beginning, Dante fought demons with bare hands. Yes, he used the flimsy blade from the scythe of a demon, but still, Dante utilized kicks and punches to dispose of enemies until he was reunited with Rebellion. That FACT points out Dante's unarmed combat capabilities. So he is a formidable opponent even without guns/weapons, he just likes to slice and dice bad guys instead of kicking them..

If Wesker was to face Dante, no matter what you ladies and gentlemen say, even if Wesker wins, it won't be easy =)))

Wow, this thread is so damn "popular"....

aka958

Don't trust people
Honestly. To be 100% fair as you put it Clair, they both fight without any weapons except their own bodies.
That is always fair, no one having something extra on himself/herself. That is how you prove true strength and skill. With your own traits and nothing else.

Dante is nothing without his weapon, Wesker won't be affected if he don't have his.

Meg

Sparda™;225200 said:
They're half-breeds. Of course, their endurance, speed and stamina is somewhat enhanced compared to normal humans, but their sight hasn't shown heightened levels or able to behave at the same level as Wesker.

I just said how Dante's sight is probably better than regular old people. :p
Blah, I'm getting tired of this. Let's decide this in a fool proof way everyone can be happy with, a coin toss!;)

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Sparda™;225259 said:
Last time I saw Dante trying to get past a door, he hurt himself and the door stood still. (DMC3, when he first met Jester).

I know I said that I would stay out of this thread, but I could not help but to correct this statement. He hit it and kicked it, but it didn't hurt him. Yeah, he didn't bust it open or whatever, but it didn't hurt him. Now, I think that I have dwelled enough, so I am leaving this thread again, and I hope that you are not mad. Bye.:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom