• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Personally I think both of them would get along, they'd work out good as friends. They don't care very much for rules, rule breakers. They aren't afraid to protect the ones that they love, nor fight for what they believe in. I can easily see them waiting in line at a music store together for a new combichrist album.

Until new Dante F*cks Kyrie. Then sh*t gets real.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Until new Dante F*cks Kyrie. Then sh*t gets real.
Nero's reaction to this
tumblr_mgwt7b5ytm1rwyxo9o1_500_zps2846281c.jpg

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Ok I'm sorry but:

Half angel and Half demon =/= automatically obtain immense strength and power.

Nero is just half demon (perhaps quarter demon but most likely half) yet he's able to crush the face of False Savior with his Devil Arm alone, without using the power of Yamato or D.T. And I doubt he was using his full power at all.The only thing that DmC Dante has over him is his own D.T. And we haven't seen anything amazing from DmC Dante

And in brute strength, Nero is arguably stronger than Dante in DMC4, which DmC Dante heavily revolves around since he doesn't display feats of super speed within cut-scenes as well.

I'd hate to say it, but Nero wins in my book.

Its not always about brute strength. Yes Nero's arm is stronger than Dante's, but I can't see him slam dunking DmCDante any time soon, especially when Dante's DT can slow down Mundus, a ****ing Devil King.

ChaserTech

Its not always about brute strength. Yes Nero's arm is stronger than Dante's, but I can't see him slam dunking DmCDante any time soon, especially when Dante's DT can slow down Mundus, a ******* Devil King.

It slows down Mundus, but not Vergil? :/

Edit: And in this case, I honestly believe it would be about brute strength. Dante in DmC has done nothing but showcased how strong he was in DmC as well as showing off some regeneration capabilities (Which is considered to be low level. Not to mention he feels pain as well) And he also showcase his D.T. in various situations. The only time he actually slows down time is when he stops Mundus from attacking Vergil.

ChaserTech

By my understanding only demons are affected because Dante's DT temporary control over Malice.. Vergil is half angel.

They're twins....would that equal them out? I know for sure the DT messes with Vergils doppelganger though.

Yet Kat is able to tell Dante not to kill Vergil when he's in his D.T.'d form in a normal way with no signs of slowing down? And seeing Nero is only half/quarter demon, wouldn't D.T. not be as effective against Nero?

I really don't get how his D.T. works when it's really inconsistent.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yet Kat is able to tell Dante not to kill Vergil when he's in his D.T.'d form in a normal way with no signs of slowing down? And seeing Nero is only half/quarter demon, wouldn't D.T. not be as effective against Nero?

I really don't get how his D.T. works when it's really inconsistent.

Limbo calapsed into the real world so Dante doesn't have that control over Limbo anymore.. Second Kat's psychic.

ChaserTech

Limbo calapsed into the real world so Dante doesn't have that control over Limbo anymore.. Second Kat's psychic.

He was able to control Limbo when Mundus was about to attack Vergil. He was slowed down after he activated his Devil Trigger in mid cutscene, after destroying the hell gate which kept Limbo separated from the real world.

Edit: Also Kat can only see and hear things through Limbo. She can phase into Limbo in her spiritual form. However since Limbo was collasped in to the real world, apparently Dante still could activate his Devil Trigger, which means there's still technically a Limbo. It's just within the actual world. And it also means that Kat should have been affected by Dante's Devil Trigger.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Shoot I really don't know. I'm tryin' not to be biased here (Nero kicks this dude's butt in terms of likability imo) But I really don't know. That's a good question O_O

ZeroLove

This is about DmC Dante and Nero... Not Vergil. Stay focused, people. ;P

But anyways, after having played both DMC4 and DmC, I will honestly say that I believe DmC Dante to be the better and stronger warrior. Yes, Nero has the arm which is really overpowered, but it is like giving a bazooka to a child. He can't control it, it manifests and grows along with his rage, a rage that blinds him. DmC Dante has full control over his powers after they have become unlocked and he utilizes them in different ways, giving him an advantage over Nero.

In my opinion:
DmC Dante wins.
Nero loses.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.

But anyways, after having played both DMC4 and DmC, I will honestly say that I believe DmC Dante to be the better and stronger warrior. Yes, Nero has the arm which is really overpowered, but it is like giving a bazooka to a child. He can't control it, it manifests and grows along with his rage, a rage that blinds him. DmC Dante has full control over his powers after they have become unlocked and he utilizes them in different ways, giving him an advantage over Nero.

In my opinion:
DmC Dante wins.
Nero loses.
Hmm that's a good way of putting it :)

ChaserTech

In my opinion:
DmC Dante wins.
Nero loses.

Nero had full control over his power at the end of DMC4 when he destroyed the False Savior with it by emitting a giant spectral arm. His rage doesn't "blind" him. It made him more focused on his goal. If that were the case, he would have never defeated Sanctus since he was initially angry at the thought that Kyrie was kidnapped to begin with.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Ok, so what if Nero had some training and experience? If he was older would he stand a chance? :/

ChaserTech

Ok, so what if Nero had some training and experience? If he was older would he stand a chance? :/

He already stands a chance as of now.

The fact that he was able to keep up with Dante in the second battle against him (when Dante was actually trying) shows that he's more powerful than people think. Especially since Dante was shown to be slightly exhausted while fighting him.

If Nero had more training and experience, he'd pretty much wipe the floor with Dante fairly easily.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I don't think he would. If you were to give Nero some training and an age boost, you'd have to be fair and give the same to Dante. It wouldn't be a fair match, Nero is only a quarter devil at best...whereas Dante is demon/angel. Thats like making a cheetah fight a tyrannosaurus, its no fun if there's no challenge.

Top Bottom