• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
A royalguard mechanic and the elimination of those color coded enemies. Can't do a mock-gunslinger run with those assholes lurking about, ready to break my flow with their bulletproof or intangible backsides.
I forgot about them. Thankfully, they were gone in VD. Oh, and also much higher difficulty (which was also somewhat present in the Vergil DLC).

I like this type of logic what so popular in this community. DmC fans can say whatever they want about DMC4 and insult it in almost any way they like, and they will always be mature and open minded persons. When someone tell at least 1 bad word about DmC he automatically become a "stupid fanboy", "cry baby", "stubborn child' etc.

I'm so sorry,but I had to quote this.
At least I'm not the only one who noticed this. And it seems even the newest members did.

I'm a neutral person when it comes to both games, but this doesn't have to do anything with the games,but with the persons on this forum.

Why is that a DmC fan pretends to outsmart or to be superior to a DMC fan?
When you try to be rude or to insult even the persons who like the games or the game itself you're not SMART,you're just mediocre. But it isn't only this,it's because nobody says a damn thing.

Not only this,but they try to see DmC as a jewel and don't see any flaws within it but say a word about DMC and all you can see is : "It didn't have that" "The characters suck" "The plot is dumb" "Stupid fanboys" etc. Fail to realize the good parts about it,only see the negative,but don't do the same with the other one.

You don't get hate when you say something inappropiate about the characters or the games of DMC,but when someone tries to say something against DmC they're either reported,hated or just told to shut up.

Is this called logic or fair opinion? To me it doesn't seem so.

If you're a fan of DmC,you're automatically superior and way too intellectual,if you're a DMC fan ,you're a 'butthurt', 'a stupid fanboy' or just a 'plain hater'.

Excuse,I didn't know being a fan of anything else makes you as a person. Especially if you insult and call names. Is this the way to prove you're much more smarter?

Why should DMC fans refrain from doing the same ? I know why,they're hated for this or told to shut up because if you're a DmC fan and do the same,it's not the same thing,but it's called "OPINION".

Before going straightforward and call me a 'DMC fan', yes I am,but I'm also a DmC fan, I said this from the perspective of a member of this forum and I don't defend anyone,it's just an observation.

But,there are people who both like DMC and DmC or either like one of them but know how to express their thoughts and opinions and I respect that.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I'm so sorry,but I had to quote this.
At least I'm not the only one who noticed this. And it seems even the newest members did.

I'm a neutral person when it comes to both games, but this doesn't have to do anything with the games,but with the persons on this forum.

When you try to be rude or to insult even the persons who like the games or the game itself you're not SMART,you're just mediocre. But it isn't only this,it's because nobody says a damn thing.

Not only this,but they try to see DmC as a jewel and don't see any flaws within it but say a word about DMC and all you can see is : "It didn't have that" "The characters suck" "The plot is dumb" "Stupid fanboys" etc. Fail to realize the good parts about it,only see the negative,but don't do the same with the other one.

You don't get hate when you say something inappropiate about the characters or the games of DMC,but when someone tries to say something against DmC they're either reported,hated or just told to shut up.

Is this called logic or fair opinion? To me it doesn't seem so.

If you're a fan of DmC,you're automatically superior and way too intellectual,if you're a DMC fan ,you're a 'butthurt', 'a stupid fanboy' or just a 'plain hater'.

Excuse,I didn't know being a fan of anything else makes you as a person. Especially if you insult and call names. Is this the way to prove you're much more smarter?

Why should DMC fans refrain from doing the same ? I know why,they're hated for this or told to shut up because if you're a DmC fan and do the same,it's not the same thing,but it's called "OPINION".

Before going straightforward and call me a 'DMC fan', yes I am,but I'm also a DmC fan, I said this from the perspective of a member of this forum and I don't defend anyone,it's just an observation.

But,there are people who both like DMC and DmC or either like one of them but know how to express their thoughts and opinions and I respect that.

Well said

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No. This isn't even close to being right.

It's actually the other way around. Do you know how many times DmC fans were mocked just because they said they liked the game?? It's only now that DmC fans have taken the offensive that the "Purists" have decided to back off. And then later decide to pretend like they were innocent all along.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Let's agree both sides were idiots and go back to how reDante would straight up ghost Nero's bitch ass, Danny Phantom!

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."

It's actually the other way around. Do you know how many times DmC fans were mocked just because they said they liked the game?? It's only now that DmC fans have taken the offensive that the "Purists" have decided to back off. And then later decide to pretend like they were innocent all along.
Well not to be rude but you did sort of jump the gun and assumed I was a DmC hater (without even asking for confirmation) just because I said Donte >_> Was that not a form of hostility? Kind of felt left like it, just saying...

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

why-not-both.jpg

I have seen both situations happen on this forum.

AlastorSword

Well if you dont like at least one thing in DmC that probably can qualify you as hater.
Well sure I'd agree with that. Bacisly, if you don't like anything about a certain something, then it obviously doesn't sit well with you ^_^

But I'm certainly not that person. Admittedly I didn't know "Donte" was an insult, but even if I didn't like the new Dante, (which I don't :shifty:) I could still like DmC (which I do ;)) My post was just to let him know that hostility can come from both ends of the spectrum even if one voice was louder than the other.

I've seen both parts being rude and I don't defend any of them.

I was more reffering to what happens on this forum though.
If you say that you like a DMC game this instantly makes you a DmC hater,or even if you don't LIKE the game,this doesn't make you a hater-->as long as you don't hate you're not one of them.

You have the right of not liking it. BUT if you're honest and say you don't like it,you will be called 'a stupid fanboy' when in fact,it's only your decision and opinion. Excuse me,but where this logic came from?:/ Do some think that liking a game makes you superior in front of someone who doesn't like it? This goes for both sides.

I don't think anyone should be called names or be ignored or anything like this just because he/she might not like it.
And you don't know how it feels when someone basically insults or makes fun of stuff you like,and you can't say anything because you'll be considered a 'close-minded fanboy' 'a nostalgic' or any terms like these.I've experienced this too. It's not cool and this doesn't do any good on here.

(as I said,this doesn't reffer to everyone)

EvilX-81

........Ugh.

Can we put our tampons back in and get back to the main topic?

1. You have no valid proof that Donte can blitz Nero. Not only does the Angel dodge never actually shown feats outside of battles with minor demon henchmen, it doesn't even distance him enough to counter the dreamrunners. Nero at the very least could handle going toe-to-toe with Dante and take down Credo who moves at supersonic speeds all over area.

Tablehopper vs angel dodge... yea I'd put them kinda close in speed.

2. Lol no that never happened dude. First off Mundus in his final form looks like he's about maybe the size of a 8 story building.

I think he's much taller than that, but yea, not skyscraper-sized.

Second he is a demon king not a god. Just because he calls himself a god doesn't make him anywhere near godly and the fact remains he doesn't have to feats to justify such a title.

The title of a god basically means nothing in entertainment. Mundus has about as much in his corner for feats as like, movie Thor. But he does basically control Limbo and is unkillable with the hellgate on, so eh....

Third Mundus didn't even have the size strength and mobility that the savior did. When he slams at the building Donte and Vergil2 were on it hardly even shakes from the impact. Not only that but when Donte used DT to punch him he blinded him momentarily before hitting him in the eye and with Eryx even then all he did was tumble backwards a little bit, heck he didn't even take a knee.

Because there was a building behind him. Looking back, from the velocity he was knocked back, it seems that punch might've been knocked him onto his back if it hadn't been there. But also Dante did knock Mundus's head back w/o Eryx or Devil trigger later in the fight.

3. No not even close. Nero very easily out muscle's Donte. Heck it isn't the same ballpark even with Eryx. Donte is surely inhuman in strength but he'd get his arms torn off if he tried to tackle Nero in a fist fight and that's a fact my friend. Just to get a multitude of feats, Nero fights Dante (who is toying with him) and he displays strength feats, speed feats, accuracy feats such as drop kicking Dante across a room then jumps back and fires a shot at him that would have tagged Dante mid-flight if he didn't block, whipping the giant stone sword, punches Dante across the room then appears right next to him punching Dante's face into a small crater in the ground, kicks the giant stone sword out of the statue's grip and ultimately getting told by Dante he underestimated Nero. Then the fact that apparently Nero's human arm isn't so weak either. As shown he does a multitude of moves that involves both arms, such as barraging with all his limbs during the Enchidna fight, ripping Chimera in half he actually uses his human arm to pull and his demon arm to hold them, and there's the scene with Santus where he beats he to a pulp with both arms then he holds him up with his human arm before one final uppercut.

While I agree with everything listed here and do believe that's Nero's definitely stronger, I still think you're underestimating Dante's DmC feats. On the first levels he punts the Hunter's mechanical hand like a soccer ball some 50 feet high, parries and tosses the Hunter over him using the Hunter's momentum, and uppercuts poison into the air.

4. Donte's **** you physics might be the only thing effective here as it will make Nero mad... so I guess that's something. But just keep Kyrie away and he's just as crude :p Another thing about the Donte's DT, the time stop thing doesn't really seem to effect boss enimes rather than stopping them from performing a deadly attack. Heck when I used it on the Succubus she was still swinging at me >_> It certainly didn't slow down Vergil2 any.

It doesn't seem to work on bosses (atleast in that manner), but it did initially work on Mundus. I assume that it'd work on Nero but he'd overpower it just the same. While I think Nero takes, I've come to that it'll be tougher than I first thought. Nero has the strength advantage, (what with crushing Savior's face and knocking his fist back) and if they count for him, Dante would have to rely his other weapons to pick up the slack. But in either case I now have to disagree with it being a practical cakewalk for Nero.

AlastorSword

........Ugh.

Tablehopper vs angel dodge... yea I'd put them kinda close in speed.
See the thing is I think Angel dodge is cool and all but, Tablehopper just impressed me more on a speed scale.

There's also the fact that Nero seems to have the advantage of tagging faster enemies than reDante (i.e. Credo and Dante himself)

I think he's much taller than that, but yea, not skyscraper-sized.
I was actually testing people. I said he was about 8 stories while posting a picture of a 6 story building xP Imo he doesn't seem any bigger than 8-10 or so stories but it's all in perception I guess.

[imghttp://www.emporis.com/images/show/624266-Large.jpg[/img]

The title of a god basically means nothing in entertainment. Mundus has about as much in his corner for feats as like, movie Thor. But he does basically control Limbo and is unkillable with the hellgate on, so eh....
I wouldn't go that far. Movie Thor wasn't all that impressive but I wouldn't give reMundus space travel either... but yeah god in fiction means very little. As for the hellgate, I don't think he would have been unkillable, just too much for reDante and reVergil to do anything about period.

Because there was a building behind him. Looking back, from the velocity he was knocked back, it seems that punch might've been knocked him onto his back if it hadn't been there. But also Dante did knock Mundus's head back w/o Eryx or Devil trigger later in the fight.
See I thought that too, but looking at that scene, the building he supposedly caught himself with shows little to no signs of pressure being applied to it. Too me that meant he was strong enough to catch himself but support of the building stopped any fatal staggering for the most part. But lets assume you're correct and he did in fact have the strength to topple Mundus, the reason I find it unimpressive in comparison is because Mundus at this state is literally made out he nearby concrete and glass and whatever else is laying around (keep in mind natural disasters could cause wreckage to these things). Heck, it's even more evident when he first tries to slam reDante and reVergil but misses, resulting in him hitting the building. First glance at the scene you can see pieces of his hand actually flying off before nearby rubble fixes it. His endurance is even put to the test of reVergil's tiny swords that he hits into his back and eye which also causes him to lose balance for a split moment before he retaliates.

While I agree with everything listed here and do believe that's Nero's definitely stronger, I still think you're underestimating Dante's DmC feats. On the first levels he punts the Hunter's mechanical hand like a soccer ball some 50 feet high, parries and tosses the Hunter over him using the Hunter's momentum, and uppercuts poison into the air.
I did say DmC Dante was strong... but like I said, I just feel Nero trumps him in that regard. Also I don't remember Dante ever punting the Hunter's mechanical hand. Does that not happen in the American version? >_> If so I concede. As for the tossing him thing, he used his momentum against him. It isn't like he hoisted him over his head with both arms... but yeah it was pretty cool. Unfortunately I don't see that really matching Nero. If you remember Nero met Berial tip for tip with his blade before pushing him back using a mere flex of his strength, thus proving his superiority in strength with him. Keep in mind he did this with him human arm and that it takes more muscle to meet a sword tip for tip while keeping your arm extended outward at a 180 degree angle.

See it isn't that I think reDante is weak at all. Hell the guy could probably karate chop my house in half, just that his feats in that regard are rather inconsequential at this current point.

It doesn't seem to work on bosses (atleast in that manner), but it did initially work on Mundus. I assume that it'd work on Nero but he'd overpower it just the same. While I think Nero takes, I've come to that it'll be tougher than I first thought. Nero has the strength advantage, (what with crushing Savior's face and knocking his fist back) and if they count for him, Dante would have to rely his other weapons to pick up the slack. But in either case I now have to disagree with it being a practical cakewalk for Nero.
Hey like I said before, I don't believe in 100% victories. If they fight a thousand times, reDante is bound to win a few but only about 1/3 of them while Nero stands tall in the others. If I sound like downplaying I apologize.

Top Bottom