• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I agree about not adding Sparda. It would only complicate the messed up timeline anyways within the series. IF the game is based on "what fans want" then be prepared to possibly see that Nero makes it somewhere and dies...then poof, out comes Vergil in a blaze of glory. In all reality, hints that he's still alive in Nero somehow is enough. His "soul" resisdes in Yamato and guides Nero, possibly later in the DMC series, it corrupts him because the thirst for power dives too deep in the kid's soul to handle. Or that the Blade "talks" to him through his dreams and has flashbacks of Vergil as a child up to the tower incident. Wanting answers he goes to Dante...

Killing him off wouldn't be logical in Capcom's favour, now that we're curious to his past. It would result in a lot of angry fans...not to mention, now that Capcom introduced him they have lots of blanks to fill in with that kiddo. They can play off of the fact that he accepted he has sparta's blood, 1/4 or 3/4 demon whatever...they can play up his past in flashbacks as he travels somewhere with Dante or when he's on a mission from an anonymous tip.

The choices are almost endless...all in all, if Capcom decides to play God and bring Vergil back, it'd better be for a really damn good reason so it can satisfy most players. Sparda for no reason should appear...unless in a flashback, even then I don't know. STAY A LEGEND.

Edit: I 100% agree with LordOfDarkness...a game is meant to be fun, not to be argued to death about who's next to steal the spotlight. But you can't help the "what-ifs" after the game is finished. I'm certainly the same way, give me a good game and a controller and I'm all set. All in all, you said it yourself...prepare yourself for the better or the worst.

XAfroWarriorX

Look, I just registered and read..the first 4 pages and the post before mine, however, I do believe a prequel is in order for Devil May Cry 5, where the player can finally see Sparda's backstory firsthand. I mean honestly, where is the series going to go from here, another romp through an island with Nero/Dante to stop the baddie of the week from taking control of/opening a portal to demon world? Lets see the big guy who fathered two of the biggest badasses in gaming history for a change. Now I haven't read the last few pages of this topic but reading several other arguments about not adding Sparda, it's mostly because A. It'll ruin the mystery. B. He'd be too powerful due to him basically being a god in the DMC world and C. He'll ruin playing Dante/Nero.
First of all, the mystery of Sparda has been overshadowed by Dante's own accomplishments. Dante has..defeated just about every demon his father has and is quite possibly stronger than dear old dad himself. I want something BIG for Sparda to make me say "Holy **** this guy is awesome." The next thing, nobody said he had to start out as a god-like figure, did they. He was..a member of Mundus' army I believe? Why not..y'know, level up his abilities slowly like we've been doing for four games now? Then when he hits his peak, you can introduce nostalgia and bring back the demons he faced before. Argosax, Mundus, Nevan and Beowulf are prime examples. Imagine being the solo godly figure in the DMC world up against the legions of hell itself, with a final showdown against Mundus. Lastly, i'm honestly sick of playing as Dante. I love him in 4 due to his..vast amount of potential for combos but really, I can't do it again. Nero was an excellent addition personally but still even the Devil Bringer gets old. I want Sparda, I want a whole different experience with him.

PS: Vergil is dead, if he comes back it'll be for some inane reason, he lives on inside Nero, the guy everyone loves to hate. Cry more.

bobek388

Bobek388
If vergil wouldn't return in DMC1 I wouldn't want him anymore in the DMC series because DMC3 could end vergil's story much better than DMC1 did. But because he returned once in that stupid nelo angelo form, I want to see him returning second time as a normal vergil, that can actually talk normally not like nelo angelo. And nelo angelo death wasn't just good enough for me, he was killed like every other bad guy in other games, so I want to see him again dying in cool way like in the DMC3. And whole thing with nero's arm and this "Yamato Awakening" cutscene totally made me want vergil back. So i'm not just another "stupid fanatic fan" as some people in this forum call people who want vergil back, It's not my fault that I want vergil back, Capcom made me want him back.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well Bobek, I'm sure that's exactly what Capcom might set up in the next game or so...I have feeling that Vergil will make an apperance one way or another.

JPD

guys is it too difficult to see that all three can be in a single story? maybe the lord of the underworld has returned and the good vergil helps dante and nero to take him down, or is it so difficult to also see that since nero has a devil arm and can transform into a devil using vergil's yamato sword that he is actually vergil's son????? why he needed vergil's sword and couldn't just transform using his anger just like dante when he first awakened??? cuase he is only one fourth demon, not half like the brothers, and he needed his fathers powers to do so, so basicly, there can be a true story revolving all three characters, all playable, or NPCs helping u araound , or even a three disc game with three different stories and one basic common when the three unite, for example the meet at the "castle" "tower" or wtvr, all three, and from there their missions are parallel and different, but from a point forward the 3 fight together to defeat the big boss, so 3 different chains of missions, that at the end unite into one, U choose which one u wish to hold at the end, where they unite, and so u have to play his chain of missions, btw pandora's box sucked ass, i always use ebony and ivory, JACKPOT
btw the idea of nero going to hell and meeting with dmc2 dante could also be good, and could also be combined with all that said
oh and as far for styles, weapons and blah blah blah, they already know we want more, its the storyline they are not sure how to make, im guessing, cz they wanna make a storyline that will sell, a storyline that will not suck, thats why they want fans to state what they want, so they want to please the fans, styles, weapons, different types of devil forms are something they already have in mind

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
Devil may cry is all about dante so dante must in the fifth game.and nero or vergil besides him.but you see all 4 game has different side character so its seems like fifth game has its own one.but capcom would break that tradition too.i dont want any new character,with all these characters the story already gone complicated enough.

Three playable char in one game means less combo per character.i thing they should make 2 playable.my opinion: dante and vergil.because nero was in the last game.we really missed vergil right?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Well, I DO want Vergil back, he was an awesome villian in DMC3.
But, I also liked Nero, He had a refreshing combo system and also a refreshing character.

AND, I want Dante to be the main character again, but NOT in DMC5, cause I wanna know about Nero origins, and I can't see Dante trying to figure it out OR Nero acting like Dante.

So yes, I want Vergil back to the story, but as a cameos character in DMC5 and as a main character in DMC6. And, I want Nero as the main character for DMC5 and Dante as the main character in DMC6. And of course, I want the good and old combo & upgrades system.

Well, that's my opinion.

LeeRain

I'm going to side with DB on this one. The anime had a good way of wrapping it up, ended on a high note, and left you wanting more but satisfied with how things played out. They should do the same with games...

...okay, wait a second, I thought this thread was about what fans want in the next game? Who mentioned that the next game will be the last? Why are we talking about the series ending? WHY?! Who DARED even mention such a thing?! 'Tis blasphemy! BLASPHEMY!

Seriously though, it seems the thread has started to go off topic.

Curse

Cursed Girl
Hi, my name is Dante
1284554405673.jpg

Rage06

devil-may-cry-ninja-theory-project-20100915051228755_640w.jpg

Best image tbh, and true say Silahsor :\
Hopefully they tweak him up and make him look better (Dante is the most coolest GAME character ever! dont ruin him :(
(well he'll need a major tweak :p)

Meg

I like how Capcom wanted DMC5 to be what fans want, yet hardly anyone wanted this.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Curse;273432 said:
Hi, my name is Dante
1284554405673.jpg

1. why is his hair black. he is a Half-Demon his hair is supposed to be white. did he dye his hair. wtf, why would he do that it makes no sense.
2. why dose he have a UK flag on his jacket. he is American. nothing wrong with British people but it establised that Dante is American in the original description of him in the instruction booklet of Devil May Cry1.

Curse

Cursed Girl
darkslayer13;273548 said:
1. why is his hair black. he is a Half-Demon his hair is supposed to be white. did he dye his hair. wtf, why would he do that it makes no sense.
2. why dose he have a UK flag on his jacket. he is American. nothing wrong with British people but it establised that Dante is American in the original description of him in the instruction booklet of Devil May Cry1.

it's not only the hair
his eyes are blue not red
and he could wear any flag he wants, even soviet russia! it's just some crappy design, since obviously dmc fans are emo kids who have a life and deeply care about video games. silly capcom, doesn't care about its real fans
just like the rest of eastern video game industry

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
apparently this is not wat fans want...but...idk....maybe some people do...i think i wanna know wats really goin on here...i dont think this is the whole story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom