• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom going under?

Martius

SSSmokin!
Fans don't make the game. They simply play it for what its worth. Developers can't create games solely targeted at the demographic of "fans" but whats best for the franchise and the games. Cuz at some point in time game developers get the idea first, "Fans" jus happen to enjoy for whatever reasons. Can't take him seriously if he thinks "fans" dictate developers.
But theres need to be balance between keeping existing fanbase and extending it. In my opinions Capcom cant find it right now they are going more into second side.

That got me thinking, I'd be willing to believe the idea that developing triple AAA games for the hardcore fans = lots of sales, when I see a Kickstarter for like 10-15 million dollars for a triple AAA hardcore hack and slash, who knows maybe Platinum will do it, I do remember them mentioning the idea of using crowdfunding.
Woah, i think thats bit too much. Star Citzen have around 21 millions but thats because they are still open for donations. Mighty No. 9 get 4 millions, a bit less than Torment Tides of Numenera and Project Eternity. Even Wasteland 2, sequel to game from 1988 got 3 millions. If projects of oldschool crpg only on pc can gather so much I think kickstarting hardcore hack and slash should work.

But theres need to be balance between keeping existing fanbase and extending it. In my opinions Capcom cant find it right now they are going more into second side.

Woah, i think thats bit too much. Star Citzen have around 21 millions but thats because they are still open for donations. Mighty No. 9 get 4 millions, a bit less than Torment Tides of Numenera and Project Eternity. If projects of oldschool crpg only on pc can gather so much I think kickstarting hardcore hack and slash should work.

You can't bring up a space sim, the most successful one of all time, I know about Star Citizen, that's why I specifically said Hack and Slash or a core game type of game, and to be honest 15 million wouldn't even be sufficient for next gen development. So, yeah, like I said I'm willing to change my mind if I see it happen, but until I'll continue to believe that this is usual vocal minority acting like they know what it takes to make a profitable triple AAA game.

Martius

SSSmokin!
You can't bring up a space sim, the most successful one of all time, I know about Star Citizen, that's why I specifically said Hack and Slash or a core game type of game, and to be honest 15 million wouldn't even be sufficient for next gen development. So, yeah, like I said I'm willing to change my mind if I see it happen, but until I'll continue to believe that this is usual vocal minority acting like they know what it takes to make a profitable triple AAA game.
Why not? No one play space sim these days, or oldschool 2d rpgs right?
And why next gen? Most video games projects on kickstarter starts as pc only, with console versions as stretch goal. Thats so far i see successful on kickstarter, not AAA games but more obscure ones. If i have same article in mind as you do, Inaba said they would want to use kickstarter to get into pc market.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
All Capcom has to do is make RE7 a cpoy of RE4, make DMC5 a copy of DMC3/4, speed up the combat of street fighter, Make sure Deep Down is good, Do Dragon's Dogma 2, Make sure Sengoku Basara 4 goes smoothly, push their Strifer ryy remake, do another MVC, and get actual good writers or teach those writers how to actually write a good story and good characters, and BOOM, Capcom's back in business.

And fricking finish Mega Man Legends 3. I'm never going to let them live that down.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Never gonna happen.. NEVER EVER.. kenji left.. they can't make a MML3 without him.

I don't particularly care who left and who stayed. I just want the game. Last I checked, Keiji Inafune doesn't hold exclusive rights to make Mega Man games. And he didn't leave in the middle of MML3 being created either, he left before.

It'll happen eventually.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't particularly care who left and who stayed. I just want the game. Last I checked, Keiji Inafune doesn't hold exclusive rights to make Mega Man games. And he didn't leave in the middle of MML3 being created either, he left before..
He's the only one who started making MML3 without him it won't be the same game.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
He's the only one who started making MML3 without him it won't be the same game.

They have made plenty of MegaMan games without Inafune (X6, X7, X8, Command Mission, the Starforce series, and the ZX series) plus the MML3 engine was used to make other games.

............Just showing what Capcom has been doing lately with the resources left over from MML3 development.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
............Just showing what Capcom has been doing lately with the resources left over from MML3 development.
LOL yeah whatever just like how resident evil almost is crumbling because shinji left and *cough* dare i say kamiya might have actually made DMC 2 the best DMC game ever ?

I just see megaman as dead after kenji left and i'm supporting Mighty 9 instead of expecting anything megaman related from capcom.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
LOL yeah whatever just like how resident evil almost is crumbling because shinji left and *cough* dare i say kamiya might have actually made DMC 2 the best DMC game ever ?

I just see megaman as dead after kenji left and i'm supporting Mighty 9 instead of expecting anything megaman related from capcom.

On the topic of DMC2 considering that Kamiya when making Bayonetta stated he played DMC4 for ideas and tips its not likely Kamiya would've made something that was mind blowing amazing or tops DMC3 if he is using games that he didn't make as a reference point for his more later projects with a mostly different dev team (not everyone from Team Little Devils jumped shipped and formed Team Little Angels).

Also, the original creator of MegaMan or the guy who came up with the very concept Akira Kitamura still works at Capcom.

Well Akira left in 1990 and handed it over to Keiji but came back to the company in 2007. So if they do do anything MegaMan related they might let Akira take part or be in charge of the helm.

The problem with RE is that they're letting people at the helm who want to appeal RE to a non RE or non survivor horror crowd. I mean you don't need Shinji Mikami to make a great or good RE game considering we were getting good RE games that Mikami didn't make before Mikami left such as Outbreak and good RE games after he left such as Revelations. You only need dedicated workers who understand the original series and wants to continue the original creators vision with some improvements and necessary additions. Masachika Kawata (director of Revelations) himself stated he wanted to return Resident Evil to its survival horror roots even if it means rebooting it.

Also its Keiji not Kenji.

Plus I prefer MegaMan X over the classic MegaMan. If Capcom can make a good MegaMan X game without Inafune (X8) with the best story in the series outside X5 that is.

Meg

On the topic of DMC2 considering that Kamiya when making Bayonetta stated he played DMC4 for ideas and tips its not likely Kamiya would've made something that was mind blowing amazing or tops DMC3 if he is using games that he didn't make as a reference point for his more later projects with a mostly different dev team (not everyone from Team Little Devils jumped shipped and formed Team Little Angels).
That's not fair at all. A lot of artists, if not every artist, use other people's work for ideas and inspiration. It comes with being an artist.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's not fair at all. A lot of artists, if not every artist, use other people's work for ideas and inspiration. It comes with being an artist.

I know that but he is insinuating if Kamiya made DMC2 after DMC1 instead of Itsuno he would've made the best DMC game or better than DMC3 and when that is severly unknown especially if he using tips and ideas from a game that came later in the series and after DMC3 revolutionized the genre. Plus considering how DMC1 came out and the time of DMC's creation and the ideas and principles of game design especially with action games at the time a DMC2 that can be better than DMC3 would've been a pretty huge step up from DMC1 and I doubt that since looking at Kamiya's going in with sequels (which is only like twice...three times if you count Bayonetta 2) his sequels are never huge steps from the original game.

Can he make a DMC game that beats DMC3/4 today.....of course. Most likely. Maybe.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
On the topic of DMC2 considering that Kamiya when making Bayonetta
DMC 3's base was DMC 1 so he's just reaping what he sowed ;)

>Also, the original creator of MegaMan or the guy who came up with the very concept Akira Kitamura still works at Capcom.
Yes He came up with the idea of megaman but kenji designed and co-produced megaman games and he left Capcom on 1990... lol
>I mean you don't need Shinji Mikami to make a great or good RE game
Yes you do.. that's why RE5&6 sucked they lacked the direction of shinji
>Outbreak and good RE games after he left such as Revelations
pfft as if outbreak was a huge success >_> and revelations is try hard-fail hard game it tries hard to be old school and fails hard.
>If Capcom can make a good MegaMan X game without Inafune (X8) with the best story in the series outside X5
LOL didn't you have a conversation with me about milking megaman series earlier ? yeah you were right milking a series does not prove that capcom is capable of creative assertiveness.

Kenji himself wanted to end the X series after X5 but money greedy crapcom milked the sh!t out it anyway.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
That's not that much of an excuse. It is also the gamers faults. Gamers not buying product, gamers faults. Why? because the game sucks. Game companies fault. The market really isn't the same as it use to. H&S games aren't as popular as they use to be and it will take a while before they are.

Someone said that it's both sides are at fault...

aoshi

I know that but he is insinuating if Kamiya made DMC2 after DMC1 instead of Itsuno he would've made the best DMC game or better than DMC3 and when that is severly unknown especially if he using tips and ideas from a game that came later in the series and after DMC3 revolutionized the genre. Plus considering how DMC1 came out and the time of DMC's creation and the ideas and principles of game design especially with action games at the time a DMC2 that can be better than DMC3 would've been a pretty huge step up from DMC1 and I doubt that since looking at Kamiya's going in with sequels (which is only like twice...three times if you count Bayonetta 2) his sequels are never huge steps from the original game.
Considering how over-the-top and campy Bayonetta was, I highly doubt kamiya would have added 'substance' to Devil May Cry sequels and most likely would not have been like DMC 1. I mean, Bayonetta was an 'All-Kamiya' game and it hardly had 'substance' nor were in lines of DMC 1. Not that i think DMC 1 had any more 'substance' than their sequels.
Can he make a DMC game that beats DMC3/4 today.....of course. Most likely. Maybe.
I read in an interview that he prefers bayonetta over dante now. Highly doubt if he will do justice to DMC considering some expect he could.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I read in an interview that he prefers bayonetta over dante now. Highly doubt if he will do justice to DMC considering some expect he could.

Kamiya says a lot of things.

He not only gave DmC his blessings but even said that DMC is no longer his series anymore and belong to the fans (how cute....DMC belongs to Capcom not the fans).

Further indicating he has no more interest in Devil May Cry.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i hope they do. and i hope all their **** dies with them. and gets swallowed up in a big black hole that transports them to the eternal resting place of those who eat peanut brittle on sticks.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If Capcom "dies" there won't be anymore good DMC games. ;~;
Are you kidding me ? DMC is just a brand and if Capcom dies it'll sell its rights to a better company.. hopefully its Platinum or something >_>

Look guys as much as we'd like to trash MGR for its QTE's and bullshit cutscenes we'd also have to realize that its not DMC and kamiya knows what to exactly do with an old school game like DMC.

Top Bottom