• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom 2015

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Capcom lost all what made them relevant. That's why most prominent devs left them for good. Instead of following bureaucratic suits who can't take any good decision, they prefer to work for themselves.

The Final Offer

This is what i'm talking about when i say Capcom isn't listening to the audience.
Fans spend six years to make a Mega Man game & if Capcom was listening then those gamers probably wouldn't feel the need to do this.

Do you know why Megaman universe was cancelled?

Do you know why Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled?

How about this?

I'm thinking because they were...

NOT

GOOD

ENOUGH.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
''So if Capcom kept listening to gamers and playing into their hands, we wouldn't have Dragon's Dogma, DmC, Strider, Lost Planet, Megaman Legends, Megaman Zero, etc.''

Playing into their hands? You make it sound as though gamers are some kind of evil cult trying to manipulate developers. Listening to gamers doesn't mean the same thing as only developing games people already wanted. I don't see why you think 'games like Dragon's Dogma and Lost Planet wouldn't have been made if Capcom listened to the fans'. You haven't given any arguments for that, I think.

As for DmC, for all we know it was their plan to develop DMC5 after DmC, if that's what the fans want. For all we know DmC would've been a spin-off. Just because they created DmC, that doesn't mean they weren't thinking about the fans.

Developers do some things of their own accord, which is nice. Sometimes, though, it really isn't. Most people didn't like DmC much, and many people don't even see it as a Devil May Cry. RE6 became completely action-focused rather than survival-focused, which contradicts the very nature of Resident Evil. Put bluntly, you could argue that RE6 wasn't even a Resident Evil game.
Capcom has made some huge mistakes, more than any other developer, really. Their business practices have been kinda crap sometimes too, what with all the on-disk DLC and whatever else they did.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Let's see: Megaman legends was begged for. Where it is?
DD2 was asked for. Where?
Lost Planet wasn't even wanted by Capcom. It was made behind it's back.
Yet game like DmC wasn't asked for and gets 3 rerereleases. And now Capcom shares sunk for 25% And what could have been a cause xD

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014

lol So cancelling Megaman altogether was a better choice then actually trying harder to make a good enough Megaman title ?

Okay then what's the excuse when gamers themselves can make a Megaman title that's good enough when Capcom themselves can't ?

Maybe because Capcom's judgement has been off for awhile now. I understand them not wanting to put out a shabby product *cough operation raccoon city cough cough*IGN's review stated "An actual zombie outbreak would have been less tragic," calling the game "little more than a poor man's SOCOM and a destitute man's Resident Evil.

But it shouldn't stop them from trying to give gamers what they asked for.
Even operation raccoon city had a positive side to it.
The Guardian said "It's important to bear in mind that it's best experienced multiplayer rather than solo.
Funny how they would cancel Megaman for "not being good enough" when they recently released utter crap in the Devil May Cry and Resident Evil franchises while the very creators of said franchises own games are surpassing Capcom's franchises in quality as of late.
Maybe The Final Offer is right, Capcom releasing their outsourced Megaman game may have been utter crap, then Mighty No 9 and the MM fan's game would have surpassed it in quality and made yet another case in which Capcom screwed up and the IP creators fixed everything up, got the praise and the fan's love while Capcom looked like the dumb, evil screw ups.

Yet that's still going to happen anyway so...........:laugh:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
All those devs who made RE and Megaman left Capcom, because capcom has no clue about gaming and their 2012-2014 efforts are proof for it. Instead of making games for their fans, they making lame excuses to grab bigger crowd. In the end, neither fans nor new crowd don't care much for them anylonger. So what we see now is only dying convulsions of former good publisher.

The Final Offer

''So if Capcom kept listening to gamers and playing into their hands, we wouldn't have Dragon's Dogma, DmC, Strider, Lost Planet, Megaman Legends, Megaman Zero, etc.''

Playing into their hands? You make it sound as though gamers are some kind of evil cult trying to manipulate developers. Listening to gamers doesn't mean the same thing as only developing games people already wanted. I don't see why you think 'games like Dragon's Dogma and Lost Planet wouldn't have been made if Capcom listened to the fans'. You haven't given any arguments for that, I think.

As for DmC, for all we know it was their plan to develop DMC5 after DmC, if that's what the fans want. For all we know DmC would've been a spin-off. Just because they created DmC, that doesn't mean they weren't thinking about the fans.

Developers do some things of their own accord, which is nice. Sometimes, though, it really isn't. Most people didn't like DmC much, and many people don't even see it as a Devil May Cry. RE6 became completely action-focused rather than survival-focused, which contradicts the very nature of Resident Evil. Put bluntly, you could argue that RE6 wasn't even a Resident Evil game.
Capcom has made some huge mistakes, more than any other developer, really. Their business practices have been kinda crap sometimes too, what with all the on-disk DLC and whatever else they did.

Because all fans want are sequels to previous Capcom games. They simply do not know what Capcom has in store for the future and therefore request the games that made them fans of Capcom. Huh? What? No ****.

Don't respond to me after this, but you are one of the few people who think everyone has the same opinion as YOU. I'm not dealing with your ****, you remind of that "Lord Dante" guy and I'm not dealing with it again. What you've witnessed is not what Capcom is seeing. Which is why DmC Remaster is on it's ******* way!

Silly *** opinion is a silly *** opinion.

It's come to my attention that some of you seem to notice the sheer amount of fan service in my first post. It's fine though, let me follow your opinions on Capcom.

Capcom has been making crappy games right or...so you say. Ok, that's fine, Capcom hasn't made your day. Please pay attention to that last sentence, it has YOUR in it.

I am simply someone who isn't jumping down Capcom's throat about my favorite games not being re-released or getting a sequel. Remember that.

So this talk of MN9 is from the guy who came from Capcom and practically made Megaman. Well, that's great right? Wanna know what else could be going on? Capcom allowing this man to make a game so similar to Megaman without any lawsuits. In other words, if you haven't noticed, The Evil Within is made by people who've helped make RE popular.

Fans soaked in the fact that someone who was apart of something legendary is guaranteed awesome. Charisma. This is what people are going off of when it comes to gaming. You think these games are similar to RE and Megaman because of the creator's heard your cries? NO! This is still a Capcom crafted game and all you see is a name drop. Just like Zack Snyder or Christopher Nolan. The problem is, these games can suck, and my opinion on MN9 right now is that it will be a dud. It's not what I want, it's so simple and basic for a game with a huge backing.

Let me put it like this. If I ran a company and knew things weren't too good with my brand name, but know that others in my camp have a good reputation. I'd use their names to push my games out and take my company's name out of the credits to warrant more attention.

If you'd pay attention to the amount of time it takes to develop a game and the news regarding the "fact" that one of my employees "left" you'd notice something quite strange. A few years of development and here you go fans, Resident Evil without Resident Evil or Capcom behind it.

Games are not easy to make without a huge budget anymore and therefore I'd send out the most requested of my staff, the most famed. In this case, it's the creator of Megaman. I'd have a kickstarter set up and have the fans shift their funds into my game and I'd be able to keep my funds until I have to distribute copies of the new Megaman game. Saving money is what it's all about.

There, that's as far as I'm going to be able to get today, I got way too many gifts to give out.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meg

Because all fans want are sequels to previous Capcom games. They simply do not know what Capcom has in store for the future and therefore request the games that made them fans of Capcom. Huh? What? No ****.

Don't respond to me after this, but you are one of the few people who think everyone has the same opinion as YOU. I'm not dealing with your ****, you remind of that "Lord Dante" guy and I'm not dealing with it again. What you've witnessed is not what Capcom is seeing. Which is why DmC Remaster is on it's ******* way!

Silly *** opinion is a silly *** opinion.
Please don't double post as it's against forum rules. Secondly, calm down. The staff has said repeatedly not to curse at other members. Put him on your ignore list if you don't want to deal with it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Do you know why Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled?
I'm thinking because they were...
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Megman legends 3 was "Not good enough" ARE YOU BLOODY kidding me? people brought 3ds just to play that game! you cannot say that it is not "Good enough"!
RE6 was not "good enough" in fact it was absolute dogs*** they still released it!
SFXTekken was not "good enough" they still released it!
DmC was not "good enough" they still released it!

Why the cancel Megaman? capcom is retarded that's why.

Last edited by a moderator:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
At the end of the day, it depends on whether or not you have faith in Capcom's ability to turn things around. Or rather whether or not you have faith enough to stick around till they do.

Because they can learn from it, it just wont be soon.

Top Bottom