• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom 2015

The Final Offer

I was thinking about this the other day and it's finally boiled my food for thoughts.

Do any of you believe that Capcom is trying to make a triumphant return? Can Capcom make a triumphant return? What is your opinion of Capcom after the final announcement of DmC Definitive Edition & DMC 4 Vergil Special Edition all for current gen?

We have releases scheduled for Megaman, DMC, DmC, Deep Down, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter.

ji-high

I sure hope so. Then again last gen has been harsh on almost all developers that weren't called Rockstar. The transition from SD to HD wasn't without its challenges and companies did what they could to survive. Many of them didn't make it.

I'm glad they're still around and hopefully this gen marks a fresh start for them.

The Final Offer

wait megaman!!!:nailbiting:

Where is this news of megaman, I must have missed it.

Sorry, I was talking MN9. Also, the news of a MM game being redone for a nintendo platform...can't remember what. Then we got the news of Capcom knowing that we want MM. Oh and the evidence of Capcom wanting to try something new with MM (FPS was cancelled).

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
I'd love to see the return of Resident Evil but honestly they shtick of re-releasing everything is old already. Revelations 2 is ... eh I don't know yet. They need to make more games that haven't been around for a while. Give me some Onimusha.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Don't believe it!! Even with the DMC & DmC Re-releases this is Capcom we're talking about, they can't do anything good without screwing something else up.

DMC4 & DmCs releases with new features is great and exciting, but this isn't gonna last, Capcom WILL screw something up, we just have to wait and place bets on what it'll be.

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
Well the last time around all we really got was Dead Rising and Lost Planet early on, it took them a while to make Dragons Dogma ...so that's a few spread over a whole console era. Compared to PS2 and Gamecube when it felt like more fresh ideas (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7) ...times are hard for new IPs after all, the trend is to focus of brand awareness. Just have to wait and see I guess :T

ji-high

I understand people's need for new IPs/ideas but what i don't get is why Capcom is always the bad guy. They get so much flak for doing what the whole industry does, it's insane.

Name ONE other major publisher/developer that's been churning out new IPs lately or hasn't been pumping out DLCs left and right. Go ahead, i'll wait. Also, creative bankruptcy can be witnessed in every other medium(movies, music, comics, etc...) not just video games so i think people should chill out a bit.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Capcom is doing more things we like as of late which is great. Are they making a comeback? Who knows but they seem to be taking baby steps in the right direction.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Now I don't want to be downer, and I'm also on hype for DMC4 SE, but actually I can't really complement Capcom on neither DmC or DMC4, because it's once again money baiting instead of actually doing work on new games. I hope whatever they announce on 20th Dec. prove me otherwise

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Do any of you believe that Capcom is trying to make a triumphant return? Can Capcom make a triumphant return?
Not really its just trying to stay afloat at this point.. their stocks are crashing and they gotta make some money or else capcom goes the way of THQ.

And i don't think it could make a "Triumphant return" IMO its been quite a while since Capcom has released a great game and all of its AAA titles are really worn out especially resident evil.

DLC,Monster hunter&Street fighter is the life support of cacpom right now.
What is your opinion of Capcom after the final announcement of DmC Definitive Edition & DMC 4 Vergil Special Edition all for current gen?
RIP-OFF! i have DMC 4 on PC which runs smooth at HD 60FPS without any problems and also has legendary dark knight mode so why is there a need for a special edition?

What is with Capcom's fetish of making ultra super,hyper editions? can't they make a goddamn onimusha 5 ALREADY!? :mad:

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel

Sony.
Microsoft
Nintendo
They've been creating more new titles then sequels as of late.

Capcom is seen as a badguy i think because they've rebooted a popular franchise, milked others when gamers really wanted a sequels instead, ended franchises because they said gamers weren't interested in them even though fans has asked for them.
And DLC. Rehashing SF IV to death without really adding anything truly substantial. Poison and Hugo are insanely terrible characters... really not Street Fighter to me.

AND RE6. Destroying the entire Resident Evil series in the last few years by making it revolve around action rather than survival. The horror part of RE is almost nowhere to be found, too.

AND making Dragon's Dogma into an online-only game, or so it seems.

And yeah, rebooting Devil May Cry without finishing it, and throwing Mega Man and other games into the trash.

And now it looks like Capcom is going to decide which Devil May Cry to continue (DmC or DMC) by looking at DMC4 SE and DmC SE's sales. That's what it looks like, anyway. They're idiots, and I can't believe consumers just keep paying them. If people weren't so afraid of not getting games, maybe they could finally campaign for getting *great* games again, whether Capcom dies or not.

ji-high

What are those new IPs? Sunset Overdrive wasn't made by MS. It's just exclusive. Ryse? Same story and it's not even exclusive to Xbox anymore. Scalebound and the others don't even have a release date yet and by the time they come out you might see a new IP from Capcom, who knows? As for Sony i can't even think of one so you gonna have to remind me. Uncharted 4, Street fighter V hardly qualifiy as 'new' even though i can't wait to play them. The Order? Yeah ok i'll give you that. Looks like a very boring 'game' though. I also hope you don't count Mario kart 8, Smash and the usual Nintendo stuff as new IPs. By the way i personally think Nintendo are the Kings of 'franchise milking' yet they apparently get a pass.

Everybody is doing the same stuff they've been doing for decades now.

'Gamers' hardly know what they want themselves most of the time so i don't blame publishers/developers for not listening to them. Even when they do it doesn't mean publishers/developers MUST comply. This is a business so i think 'gamers' shouldn't expect people to mindlessly spend millions just so they can 'be happy'. It has to make sense for the people spending money as well.

Also people need to stop thinking that talking with like minded people on message boards is a good way to know what can or cannot be successful. Bayonetta 1 & 2 sales are a harsh reminder of that fact. The people in charge of those companies know BETTER than us how to make money, otherwise WE would be in their shoes.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
What are those new IPs? Sunset Overdrive wasn't made by MS. It's just exclusive. Ryse? Same story and it's not even exclusive to Xbox anymore. Scalebound and the others don't even have a release date yet and by the time they come out you might see a new IP from Capcom, who knows? As for Sony i can't even think of one so you gonna have to remind me. Uncharted 4, Street fighter V hardly qualifiy as 'new' even though i can't wait to play them. I also hope you don't count Mario kart 8, Smash and the usual Nintendo stuff as new IPs. By the way i personally think Nintendo are the Kings of 'franchise milking' yet they apparently get a pass.

Everybody is doing the same stuff they've been doing for decades now.

'Gamers' hardly know what they want themselves most of the time so i don't blame publishers/developers for not listening to them. Even when they do it doesn't mean publishers/developers MUST comply. This is a business so i think 'gamers' shouldn't expect people to mindlessly spend millions just so they can 'be happy'. It has to make sense for the people spending money as well.
Exactly, it's a business. If they want to p!ss everyone off and make games that they personally like but not many other people do, that's their business. And they will lose money and basically won't do well as a company -- as has been shown by the rumor that Capcom was almost going bankrupt. It's up to them.
I'm just saying they need to finish what they started (the games they never finished etc). They need to do research into what gamers want, and do it right. RE6's sales show that people didn't want another action-oriented RE. Capcom themselves agreed the sales were way too low. I can't blame anyone but Capcom for that.

ji-high

Exactly, it's a business. If they want to p!ss everyone off and make games that they personally like but not many other people do, that's their business. And they will lose money and basically won't do well as a company -- as has been shown by the rumor that Capcom was almost going bankrupt. It's up to them.
I'm just saying they need to finish what they started (the games they never finished etc). They need to do research into what gamers want, and do it right. RE6's sales show that people didn't want another action-oriented RE. Capcom themselves agreed the sales were way too low. I can't blame anyone but Capcom for that.
ALL publishers/developers that aren't Rockstar, Activision, EA or Ubisoft struggle. Or have struggled a lot and are just recovering. You people just like to talk as if Capcom was the antichrist because they don't make games that people and their forum buddies want.

As i said before going from SD to HD was neither easy nor cheap . Companies had to rethink the way they make and market games. Some managed to do it better than the others. After seeing the sales of Bayonetta 1 i wouldn't have made a DMC 5 if i were Capcom.

Also i don't think you and i really have the tools necessary to pinpoint why exactly a game didn't do well so let's just play them and leave it at that. i personally haven't played RE6 because i don't like the franchise to begin with but i know i've played plenty of very good games that had not so great sales. Case in point: DmC. lol

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
ALL publishers/developers that aren't Rockstar, Activision, EA or Ubisoft struggle. Or have struggled a lot and are just recovering. You people just like to talk as if Capcom was the antichrist because they don't make games that people and their forum buddies want.

As i said before going from SD to HD was neither easy nor cheap . Companies had to rethink the way they make and market games. Some managed to do it better than the others. After seeing the sales of Bayonetta 1 i wouldn't have made a DMC 5 if i were Capcom.

Also i don't think you and i really have the tools nacessary to pinpoint why exactly why a game didn't do well so let's just play them and leave it at that.
You people? Are you sure you're not Chancey? lol. I don't have the 'tools' necessary... what is this, anti-evolution propaganda? People hated RE6 - it was all over the internet. The media was all over it! Its sales were even less than Capcom would've expected in the worst case scenario, as far as I can recall. And you're saying ''I don't have the tools...'' I have common sense.

I'm just saying Capcom has made a lot of unnecessary mistakes. Mistakes that p!ssed people off, and then they decide to continue p!ssing people off (RE6 after they said they would improve upon the old RE and make it more like the old RE). DmC after DMC4, when DMC4 already wasn't even liked much. Again, they kept f*cking up. It's like it never ends.
They're supplying things for which there is no demand. Of course they lose money. It's stupid business tactics.

If you have no arguments, then just leave it alone.

Top Bottom