• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom 2015

ji-high

God Hand
Dino Crisis
Darkstalkers
Mega Man
Project Justice
Power Stone
Plasma Sword
Onimusha
Okami
Rival Schools
To name a few that many gamers have been begging Capcom for, & Capcom gives gamers another ResidentEvil which they've turned action because they say gamers don't like horror anymore.
Capcom cancelled Mega Man titles,
Capcom “There is nothing Darkstalkers on the immediate horizon for sure.”
No Onimusha even though fans ask.
Capcom listens to gamers........
“If I were a Capcom fan, I would be mad too,” sympathized Sugiura, “I would wonder why Capcom seemingly refuses to make another Power Stone or Rockman game. I would cry out to Capcom and promise to buy any sequel they make to ensure that the company remains profitable for years to come. I might feel betrayed that Capcom does not listen to me and continues to talk about social gaming.
How to remake those games so they can live up to today's standards while not breaking the bank and turning a profit? if you can answer this question then you should definitely send Capcom an application. If not well i guess you understand them a little better now...?

Also i might be wrong but i think Godhand isn't their IP.

ji-high

You people? Are you sure you're not Chancey? lol. I don't have the 'tools' necessary... chr!st... you sound like some kind of anti-evolution nutjob. People hated RE6 - it was all over the internet. The media was all over it! Its sales were even less than Capcom would've expected in the worst case scenario, as far as I can recall. And you're saying ''I don't have the tools...'' I have common sense.

I'm just saying Capcom has made a lot of unnecessary mistakes. Mistakes that p!ssed people off, and then they decide to continue p!ssing people off (RE6 after they said they would improve upon the old RE and make it more like the old RE). DmC after DMC4, when DMC4 already wasn't even liked much. Again, they kept f*cking up. It's like it never ends.
They're supplying things for which there is no demand. That's stupid business.

If you have no arguments to contribute, please refrain from contributing anything at all.
So you got your panties in a bunch because i said 'you people' and used the word 'tools'? And those are the people publishers/developers should listen to.

I don't even know why i wasted my time thinking i was dicussing with someone worth discussing with. If my 'contributions' don't please you feel free to stop talking to me. What are you a wannabe mod?

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
So you got your panties in a bunch because i said 'you people' and used the word 'tools'? And those are the people publishers/developers should listen to.

I don't even know why i wasted my time thinking i was dicussing with someone worth discussing with. If my 'contributions' don't please you feel free to stop talking to me. What are you a wannabe mod?
I'm ''getting my panties in a bunch'' because you're acting like my comment holds no merit. You act like I'm talking nonsense, but provide no arguments to refute it. Just like Chancey.
''You people'' is a derogatory remark, and I don't know what you mean by it, but I certainly don't like it. So thanks for insulting me and providing no arguments.

ji-high

You said publisher or developer right.
Sunset Overdrive: Publisher(s) Microsoft Studios
Ryse: Publisher(s) Microsoft Studios (Xbox One)
BLOODBORNE: Publisher(s) JP SCE Japan Studio, NA SCEA, EU SCEE
Destiny: JP Sony Computer Entertainment
Driveclub: Publisher(s) Sony Computer Entertainment
Dust: An Elysian Tail: Publisher(s) Microsoft Studios
Entwined: Publisher(s) Sony Computer Entertainment
Escape Plan: Publisher(s) Sony Computer Entertainment America
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Developer(s) The Chinese Room
SCE Santa Monica Studio, Publisher(s) Sony Computer Entertainment

Look at the developers for these games & see they're creating new titles.
Ok apparently i made the whole thing a bit easy for you and you're cutting corners. Since we're talking about Capcom as a 'developer' here, let's stick to developers then. I'm waiting for another list.

ji-high

I'm getting angry because you're acting like my comment holds no merit. You act like I'm talking nonsense, but provide no arguments to refute it. Just like Chancey.
You people is a derogatory remark, and I don't know what you mean by it, but I certainly don't like it. But thanks for contributing no arguments to this thread whatsoever, and not being able to refute my points. It's been fun.
What 'points'? lol.

Also i quite frankly don't care about the opinion of a random nobody on the internet. So whether you think i'm contributing or not doesn't matter a single bit to me. This a video games discussion. Hardly vital stuff.

Anyway, you seem to like having the last word a lot so it's yours: You beat me pal, you're so smart.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
What 'points'? lol.

Also i quite frankly don't care about the opinion of a random nobody on the internet. So whether you think i'm contributing or not doesn't matter a single bit to me. This a video games discussion. Hardly vital stuff.

Anyway, you seem to like having the last word a lot so it's yours: You beat me pal, you're so smart.
What points? Seriously? All of these... all which you have ignored for some reason:

And DLC. Rehashing SF IV to death without really adding anything truly substantial. Poison and Hugo are insanely terrible characters... really not Street Fighter to me.

AND RE6. Destroying the entire Resident Evil series in the last few years by making it revolve around action rather than survival. The horror part of RE is almost nowhere to be found, too.

AND making Dragon's Dogma into an online-only game, or so it seems.

And yeah, rebooting Devil May Cry without finishing it, and throwing Mega Man and other games into the trash.

And now it looks like Capcom is going to decide which Devil May Cry to continue (DmC or DMC) by looking at DMC4 SE and DmC SE's sales. That's what it looks like, anyway. They're idiots, and I can't believe consumers just keep paying them. If people weren't so afraid of not getting games, maybe they could finally campaign for getting *great* games again, whether Capcom dies or not.

People hated RE6 - it was all over the internet. The media was all over it! Its sales were even less than Capcom would've expected in the worst case scenario, as far as I can recall.

I'm just saying they need to finish what they started (the games they never finished etc). They need to do research into what gamers want, and do it right. RE6's sales show that people didn't want another action-oriented RE. Capcom themselves agreed the sales were way too low.

Look, I apologize for being so easy to anger. I didn't mean to take it out on you. It's just the whole thing with Chancey that's got me on edge. I just can't take it when I feel like somebody's wrong, and I tend to overreact nowadays. I'm sorry.

ji-high

It's all good man. That being said....

The people who actually enjoy playing SF4(i'm one of them) are actually grateful to Capcom for supporting, tweaking, upgrading the game during all those years. And also for the very good price model(this is a FACT). Those who complain the most about them 'milking and rehashing' SF are those who think you can play a fighting game like an action adventure game even though people are still playing SF3 or Super Turbo competitively today. It takes LOTS of time to become good at a serious fighting game and SF is as serious as they get. Of all Capcom franchises SF is the one they handled very well last gen.

As i said RE has never done anything for me so i can't comment on the game's quality BUT i know lots of good or decent games are sometimes hated for stupid reasons by so called 'critics' and players alike. I mean there are people who say Splinter Cell Blacklist is a horrible game even though it's, in my opinion, the greatest of the franchise without a single doubt. Didn't sell too well either so what should i make of that? Was it a good or a bad game? What about Godhand? Poor reviews, abysmal sales yet regarded as one of the greatest game the genre has to offer. Sales(or reviews) rarely tell the whole story.

Never played Dragon's Dogma. Didn't even know they turned it into an online only game.

I know it might seem like i'm defending Capcom tooth and nails. I'm not. They've made their fair share of mistakes as did many other publishers/developers. I just don't get why people ALWAYS lose their s*** when it comes to them. Maybe it's because people used to love them so much? i don't know but come on, give them a little break.

ji-high

I said lately man, don't bring up stuff that's from the PS2 era. Otogi? Really? And by the way why is nobody complaining about FS not bringing that franchise back and instead just pumping out Dark Souls games? Bloodborne is Dark Souls in England(can't wait to play it though. Dark Souls games never appealed to me but that one does.)

Also Sony don't develop games. Santa Monica, Naughty Dog do and they've been nothing but God of War/Uncharted factories last gen. It doesn't look like it's gonna change much this gen. Insomniac only made Resistance games last gen so how are they better than Capcom? And to be perfectly honest with you i've never even heard of 70% of the games on that list.

In my opinion nobody's doing THAT much better than them. Except PlatinumGames(weird you didn't think of them by the way) but then again they are up there with Rockstar in my book.

Anyway, i think it's just better to agree to disagree at this point. I'm getting hungry. I wasn't trying to prove they are making a 'comeback' either, just that they aren't worse than any other developers.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I said lately man, don't bring up stuff that's from the PS2 era. Otogi? Really? And by the way why is nobody complaining about FS not bringing that franchise back and instead just pumping out Dark Souls games?

Also Sony don't develop games. Santa Monica, Naughty Dog do and they've been nothing but God of War/Uncharted factories last gen. It doesn't look like it's gonna change much this gen. Insomniac only made Resistance games last gen so how are they better than Capcom? And to be perfectly honest with you i've never even heard of 70% of the games on that list.

In my opinion nobody's doing THAT much better than them. Except PlatinumGames(weird you didn't think of them by the way) but then again they are up there with Rockstar in my book.

Anyway, i think it's just better to just agree to disagree at this point. I'm getting hungry.
Well, Capcom has just made a lot of mistakes and p!ssed many people off, and they haven't really shown signs of stopping making mistakes yet. I'm willing to cut them some slack once they actually finish their old franchises. Once they finish what they started and once they do what they promised. Right now, all I personally can do is tolerate Capcom (indeed, like many other developers). They were great once, and now... well... yeaah.

The things they're doing now, and Itsuno saying they might make DMC5 (with Nero and DMC2 finally not being loose ends anymore)... well, at least it's a step in the right direction.

ji-high

Yeah and i guess Microsoft created and developed HALO. Not Bungie. Stop reaching.

I haven't heard of them which means i don't know what era exactly they are from. Since you brought up Otogi, those other games can be of the 8bit era for all i know. That's why i said i've never heard of them.

I also asked you in another message to stick with developers only. Publishers have nothing to do in this conversation. Activision don't develop COD. Treyarch, Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward do.

By the way Dragon's Dogma is a new IP created by Capcom so i guess they didn't do too bad last gen.

Finally i said 'let's agree to disagree' because we obviously disagree on a couple of points. Can't be that hard to understand. Whether or not you kept your cool is irrelevant.

Another one who wants the last word by any means. Have at it. I'm done.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Capcom just threw all of their franchises out of the window. Now it tries to collect shards of them on the street. Also Bayonetta sales were reminder? It's sold more than DmC in the same time. Does it mean DmC's sales were reminder nobody really wanted it?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Unless you're referring to them making a financial return (with the amount of people who are keen to buy these re-releases) nope. Capcom have been going down for a long time now. I vaguely recall a big discussion about their fiscal year reports probably a year or two before they announced DmC. And it was looking tight back then. Don't even want to imagine the state of it now with DmC's bomb.

I think Capcom is grasping for straws to pull them out of the fire. They're not trying to redeem themselves. They're in it for the money, not for the fans. Capcom is what Capcom was and always will be. Unless they go under new management, who knows?

The Final Offer

Unless you're referring to them making a financial return (with the amount of people who are keen to buy these re-releases) nope. Capcom have been going down for a long time now. I vaguely recall a big discussion about their fiscal year reports probably a year or two before they announced DmC. And it was looking tight back then. Don't even want to imagine the state of it now with DmC's bomb.

I think Capcom is grasping for straws to pull them out of the fire. They're not trying to redeem themselves. They're in it for the money, not for the fans. Capcom is what Capcom was and always will be. Unless they go under new management, who knows?

That's funny, because those same rumors about Nintendo surfaced before too.

The Final Offer

Yes but out of the two which do you think has more gamer support, & which out of the two do you think listens a little more to their audience ?

The one that keeps remastering classic games for their loyal fans and their new ones.

DmC:Remastered (fans asked)
DMC 4 Special Edition (fans didn't ask)
Strider (fans asked)
Megaman Zero (re-released for Wii U. Fans asked)
Omega Street Fighter 4 (fans asked.)
Street Fighter 5
Capcom Cup (which will be set to $500,000 in 2015)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (fans asked)
Resident Evil Remaster (fans asked)
Deep Down
Secret Capcom game

Instead of the one that releases new "innovative" consoles that no one asked for. There's a reason Nintendo can't compete with PS4 and X1.

There are currently 3 games on the Wii U that turn heads and that's Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Bayonetta 2. The console has been out longer than the other two. Nintendo does NOT listen to fans, they do what they feel is good for them.

Dominus

The one that keeps remastering classic games for their loyal fans and their new ones.

DMC 4 Special Edition (fans didn't ask)
To be fair several fans including myself have always wanted support for DMC4 after launch, but it came out in a time where DLC was just starting to take foot (or at least Capcom's plans with DLC).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't say its a comeback yet but its a step forward to keep afloat which isn't a bad thing (to me)

They probably won't comeback for years tho since that would mean they are in a stable position and can afford to try new things and take risks which they aren't right now.

But then again RE Revelations 2 and Deep Down are risks so its not like they aren't trying new things. Hopefully they try more new things or make better use of their extensive but dormant ip library.

Right now i'm neutral because they don't have anything i'm interested.

The Final Offer

lol you're saying as if Wii U is competing with X1&Ps4.. not its not its meant for a completely different market.

Here's why I'm not getting you. You see, I'm a gamer, and as a gamer I recognize the appeal of each console and how they differ. Nintendo, Sony, and X1 are after one market and that's the gamer market. Not just the kids section, nor the teenager, or the adults. They are going after gamers in general.

Ratings are meant to keep everything in order. I get that. I also understand that, if I placed Nintendo games with the E rating, next to Microsoft games with an E rating, Nintendo may just come out on top. What makes it hard to hear is when someone says that Nintendo is out for one specific market, when they're not. Nintendo has a library of games that appeal to young children because that's where video games originally directed their marketing. Nintendo has to keep these games because they did so well. It's their experience and connections to games such as those that keep Nintendo in the "E for everyone" section.

Nintendo is appealing to gamers everywhere now. Their console can not compete with the power of the other two and therefore, it is shunned by gamers and developers because it simply isn't enough to provide what they think they need.

As of Smash Bros's release, I have a Wii U and I can say that this console is alright, it just can't compete with the PS4 in terms of accessibility, graphics, and overall appeal to me. For now, it's my party console. Until Zelda or Metriod comes out or if I get my hands on Tatsunoko vs Capcom, I won't be doing anything else with this console.

I'm not getting Bayonetta 2, I gave the demo several run throughs and I'm just not into it. It's just...not appealing to me. Yeah yeah half naked polygon chicks and whatnot. I'm trying to cater to fun, not my joystick.

The Final Offer

All of these things made the actual development of code harder than it should have been and ate into the development time of the game. As a team, we lost days of time to the compile/link/debug overheads and this negatively impacted the amount of features that we could put into our game before the release date.
The Secret Developers: Wii U - the inside story

The article pretty much goes into the developer saying how much of a pain to work on the Wii-U system itself & nintendo japan didn't give much help, the english to japanese back to japanese to english translation took awhile, & others reasons why other 3rd party developers don't really wanna screw with nintendo consoles much.

Basically it's nintendo's own fault

Capcom is pretty much the same way in deciding what gamers want when the gamers themselves is telling Capcom what they would like.

So, we're agreeing that the Wii U is not what everyone thinks they want. Sweet.

Capcom has done too much good by me to make me feel that they aren't to be trusted. They brought us so many popular titles that whining about ONE or TWO games because it hasn't been seen in a year or two warrants the praise I'm giving it. So if Capcom kept listening to gamers and playing into their hands, we wouldn't have Dragon's Dogma, DmC, Strider, Lost Planet, Megaman Legends, Megaman Zero, etc.

Soon, I hope not, but soon, you'll see Naughty Dog release a game that no one likes and all of sudden they're the worst. Capcom has far too many titles AVAILABLE to be complaining about one.

Top Bottom