• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can you imagine emo dante enjoying the beating he's unleashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominus

Storm Silves;295087 said:
Thanks for saying what I was too cowardly to say. My message up above had something similar to this, but I was being a coward and deleted it.

Anyways...

I've noticed, Dominus, that you are extremely aggressive and judgmental towards those who support this game. So, what's the big deal?

Because I hate everyone.

Chrysander

From the trailer alone, it seems as though he is a mirthless, angry kind of person, rather than somebody who is happy, carefree, and who gets joy from battle and acrobatics. From the trailer that is, IE from the actual evidence we have. It may be possible that the game is nothing like the trailer, but why would we think that? x x x

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not a smart response, Dominus. I won't say anything more, for fear of a verbal beatdown.

@Chrysander: One can always hope. Hope is the thing that dies last. Always.

~Yamato slasher~

"Die" = vergil
hmm this is interesting
there might be some different taunts and stuff like like that.
like in DMC3 SE vergil taunts
something more serious!!

Meg

I can imagine a taunt being him taking a puff of his cigarette like he doesn't care or something like that.

Meg

I think the part of the trailer where he jams a cigarette into an enemy's head shows that there is going to be some level of "badass-ness" involved. Maybe that will be a move in the game like how riding an enemy was in 3? From what we've seen I'd say that there won't be any cheesy moments, but Dante will probably, to some extent, be confident and make sure his enemies know it. Though I don't it will be as in your face as past games.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I would think one of his taunts would be a puff of cigarette smoke in their face, to show he really doesn't give a crap.

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
lol! i just have one question... when did smoking became the A list of cool things a character does? lol dante was always in a sense anti-smoking.

Meg

Storm Silves;296157 said:
I would think one of his taunts would be a puff of cigarette smoke in their face, to show he really doesn't give a crap.

I just said that. Great minds think alike! :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's also pretty pathetic, but that's just my opinion.

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Storm Silves;296169 said:
It's a generic "I'm a rebel" dealie.

yeah. i guess. pretty sad though. dante goes from rebel smoker to, at atleast one time i remember vaguely he made a crack about smoking being bad that almost broke the 4th wall. lol

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
There's a lot of movies and game characters that smoke...but since when does it really matter?

Asmodaius

When a character smoke, it's usually to prove a point. We have yet to see what that point is, but it gives Dante the whole rebellious badass teen feel. That he was opposed smoking in his previous incarnations simply shows they are heading a new direction for him with this one.

I accept it. Others don't. Some find it even morally wrong and then there are those who freak out about him simply not being like the Dante we know from the past games. Either way, he's a smoker now. You don't have to like it, but that's how it is.

Meg

Asmodaius;296244 said:
When a character smoke, it's usually to prove a point. We have yet to see what that point is, but it gives Dante the whole rebellious badass teen feel. That he was opposed smoking in his previous incarnations simply shows they are heading a new direction for him with this one.

I accept it. Others don't. Some find it even morally wrong and then there are those who freak out about him simply not being like the Dante we know from the past games. Either way, he's a smoker now. You don't have to like it, but that's how it is.

To be entirely honest I don't think him being a smoker adds anything at all to his character. It doesn't make him more badass. Whether or not someone smokes is such a frivolous detail. The fact that they needed to draw attention to him being a smoker is just so "Why?"

EmilIrving

Demi-Fiend and Dante Team
Meg;296256 said:
To be entirely honest I don't think him being a smoker adds anything at all to his character. It doesn't make him more badass. Whether or not someone smokes is such a frivolous detail. The fact that they needed to draw attention to him being a smoker is just so "Why?"

I agree. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom