• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can you imagine emo dante enjoying the beating he's unleashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
and being stylish about it?

you know how dante taunts and shows off and when he does a move he goes "haahaa" or "lets rock" etc?

huh? well can you punks?

god damn it all >_<

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, I meant that it might be a good thing in that Dante annoyed me a lot in DMC4. I'd like to see him joking around but only in the amount that he did it in DMC1.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I hope we have seen the last of Dante's shouting out cheesy phrases for every move he does. It isn't needed go back to DMC2 where he just makes cool fighting sounds. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
*Shrugs* Can't wait to find out when the game is released...that or a gameplay trailer. ^_^

fon

Crazy Chick
Oh yes. I can definitely see him enjoying it. But hopefully if he acts like a show off he isn't as painful to watch as DMC4 Dante was. It'd be fun seeing what kind of new taunts he has. (IF he has them D: )

And please, for the millionth time, new Dante is NOT emo.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
fon;295019 said:

thank you...i have only been saying that every time i see it....those labels are offensive to some people....

anyway...i honestly do think that he will EVENTUALLY say those kinda of things and be stylish...he needs to have a stable base (somewhere good for them to start the character) and then build him into the Dante we know....

fon

Crazy Chick
GamblingGambitCloud;295022 said:
thank you...i have only been saying that every time i see it....those labels are offensive to some people....

anyway...i honestly do think that he will EVENTUALLY say those kinda of things and be stylish...he needs to have a stable base (somewhere good for them to start the character) and then build him into the Dante we know....

And dreadfully annoying to hear. =3=

I anticipate to see how the story will present his change to us! (Because he obviously isn't such a fun-loving badass in the trailer. Just a normal badass xD)

Dominus

fon;295019 said:
Oh yes. I can definitely see him enjoying it. But hopefully if he acts like a show off he isn't as painful to watch as DMC4 Dante was. It'd be fun seeing what kind of new taunts he has. (IF he has them D: )

But he is emo. Once again Dino isn't your friend he's a fictional character so if someone calls him emo that's really his or her call to make. And assuming by your dislike of the label you are implying that it has a negative meaning, which gives a bad rep to people who claim to be emo. HOW DARE YOU PERSECUTE THEM

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Dominus;295036 said:
But he is emo. Once again Dino isn't your friend he's a fictional character so if someone calls him emo that's really his or her call to make. And assuming by your dislike of the label you are implying that it has a negative meaning, which gives a bad rep to people who claim to be emo. HOW DARE YOU PERSECUTE THEM

If he is indeed fictional character, how come you call people out and persecute those who defend the game? He is after all, only made for our entertainment.

Firstly, do you even have any proof that Dante is emo other than your self-centred judgement to his apperance? Secondly, GGC is only defending that Emo isn't the correct term to call Dante. Clearly, he is the one offended for the term 'emo' is being misued. He isn't insulting anyone. I think you should re-read his response and fully understand the point he is trying to get across.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Faust;295086 said:
If he is indeed fictional character, how come you call people out and persecute those who defend the game? He is after all, only made for our entertainment.

Thanks for saying what I was too cowardly to say. My message up above had something similar to this, but I was being a coward and deleted it.

Anyways...

I've noticed, Dominus, that you are extremely aggressive and judgmental towards those who support this game. So, what's the big deal?

heatlancer

1# Trickster
fon;295019 said:

fine he's not emo, just sleep deprived, food deprived and drugged up

anyway, it's not that im hoping for a dmc4 dante(which i really, really hated) it's just that i dont want him to end up like in dmc2 as in he better be able to say more than 1 sentence

and actually, rewatching the trailer and see'ing him smirk then proceeding to stick the cigarrette to the puppets face, i can now sorta imagine him being more of a show off

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
heatlancer;295088 said:
fine he's not emo, just sleep deprived, food deprived and drugged up

anyway, it's not that im hoping for a dmc4 dante(which i really, really hated) it's just that i dont want him to end up like in dmc2 as in he better be able to say more than 1 sentence

and actually, rewatching the trailer and see'ing him smirk then proceeding to stick the cigarrette to the puppets face, i can now sorta imagine him being more of a show off

Exactly. People get so worked up about the stuff that is unfamiliar they can't see/refuse to acknowledge that he is still being Dante just not ott like in 3 and 4. Props for noticing that.

Asmodaius

First, Dante is not emo. He's skinny and has a fringe. No, if you wish to correctly indicate his sense of style and appearance, it would be brit punk.

Second, you ask if Dante this time around enjoys beating up the demons? Well, then I ask you this... Has he ever not liked it? He's a demon hunter, he even opened a business of demon hunting in the past games. I don't think he did so out of pure necessity. I indeed believe he's always liked beating up demons. In the trailer, however, he seems to be a bit more of a sadist this time around, putting out his cigarette in a demon's head. I like that though. ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i always thought of Dante as always being a sadist even in the old games because he did jump on a demon's back and rid it like a skateboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom