• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BEST GAMES OF 2013! That time again folks.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
She doesn't even understand what she's talking about.
Was I talking to you? Seriously, You're not in the mood to joke, neither am I.

I bought an art from a skilled artist on DA of dmc3Vergil for $300. It took the artist 4 weeks. I didn't even look at it, i just took a peak inside the package to make sure it was there.
Do you understand now Judas :p?
Can't see youtube vids.

So because I can't be ar$ed to play a game, I'm a Judas?
If it was about Vergil, I would've paid more attention.
I hate to say it, but there's more to life than gaming.

IncarnatedDemon

Was I talking to you? Seriously, You're not in the mood to joke, neither am I.

Can't see youtube vids.

So because I can't be ar$ed to play a game, I'm a Judas?
If it was about Vergil, I would've paid more attention.
I hate to say it, but there's more to life than gaming.
I was just playing the religious persona where i worship MGR and your Judas for saying what you said. Though i think you should try MGR more, i respect your decision.

Again i was just joking :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
banging-head.gif

Judas was the backstabbing disciple of Jesus. If you call someone a Judas it's because you're accusing them of betraying you. It's nothing to do with just forgetting that you have something.

IncarnatedDemon

I guess "Judas!" sounded more funny than "Devil!" or "The Devil has possessed" you.
I could have used blasphemy, but i felt like using Judas lol.

IncarnatedDemon

I know. I just told you that.
Oh right. No wonder i surprised myself when i made the post telling you what the word meant.
Prior to that you did tell me what it meant.

So how many words do you bench? Before you taught me what the word Judas meant, i could bench 7 words. Guess how many now, all thanks to you?
8:thumbsup:

-I would have put Arkham Origins in my list but, the game is just so uninspired and is basically just Arkham City all over again. Arkham City was like my game of the year when that came out and it's a shame for Origins.

Origins has some of the makings to make it the best in the trilogy. The story is the best out of the 3 and it really has some cool ideas but, they were never really fleshed out and it's too SAFE. They're too afraid to do anything with it so arguably we have much of the same game. So, it doesn't get a top games list. 3/5

Yeah, I was so angered by the poor treatment of Arkham City Franchise by WB montreal and WB, the game is so by the numbers not to mention its so damn buggy. The worst part is that despite their total botching of Rocksteady's amazing work the game is still fun. One thing I hate is the way they've ruined combat with enemies that mindlessly teleport across the screen to attack you as if they have their own super focus and the poor collision detection, something that wasn't the case in the previous two games, it really makes someone appreciate the polish and heart Rocksteady put in the first two games. I just remember in the last game, when batman cracked a leg or punched a dude in the face, it felt amazing. However, in Arkham Origin's a noticeable amount of the time he just grabs or hits air, which totally takes you out of the moment. Still like you said, when it works, its still incredibly entertaining.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Best games of 2013 for me?

DmC Devil may Cry 8/10
Killer is Dead 7/10
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flags 7/10
Last of Us 8/10
Batman Arakam Origins (haven't played it yet but it looks good)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix 10/10
Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate 9/10
Watch_Dogs 8/10
Metal Gear Rising Reverence 7/10

Least favorite

Call of Duty Ghost
Ryse Son of Rome (looks boring)
God of War (whatever number it is now)
Beyond Two Souls

DmC: Devil May Cry, Game of the year for me, bet no one saw that coming :p.

Civilization: Gods and Kings, typical firaxis game, dangerously addictive time sink.

Bioshock Infinite, was a fun ride as well, despite the gameplay not being that much fun, but then again I'm not much of a FPS fan.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Can't really say I've had any interest in any of these games other than the standard Batman and Creed.

DmC and Remember Me are my personal favorites, at the moment.

So yeah, really bad year for gaming compared to 2012, from my viewpoint. Despite all the next-gen hype, I've yet to see any games that make me want a PS4. And Infamous SS is still a ways off, so I can't count it as a release this year.

2012 had:

1) Persona 4 Arena

2) Darksiders II (both P4A and DSII launched in August btw)

3) Spec Ops (the only shooter I've had any interest in, in recent memory)

Dishonored (would have been my personal fav, had it not been for DSII)

4) Kingdoms of Amalur (really loved the class system and can see how it can be applied to other action, rpg, or action-rpg titles)

5)Prototype 2 (I liked the first Prototype better because it had more weapons, but this one improved on the combat system)

6)The U.S. release of Xenoblade Chronicles

7) Persona 4 Golden

Persona 4 Golden would probably be my ultimate choice if I could only play one game for the rest of my life... unless someone made a game that combined all the best aspects from games I had mentioned in the list above (I would use Spec Ops for the philosophical aspect only, and not necessarily for the gameplay).

8) Dust: An Elysian Tail (August Release)

9) Sleeping Dogs (also released in August, which is probably the best month in gaming ever in existence, from my point of view)

In conclusion, 2012 was my personal favorite year of gaming... and will probably continue to be until the end of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

10) Bonus Round: The PC version of Dark Souls was also released in August.

Best. Month. Ever.

Not just in gaming, but just... ever.

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
For me?

DmC: Devil May Cry (2.1 out of 5)

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (PS3 and 360 release) This should be the one that deserves the 2013 Game of the Year! (3.75 out of 5)

Gran Turismo 6 (4.5 out of 5) I enjoy the Gran Turismo games more than anything! What a way to end 2013 with this!

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well, I did not buy many games this year, had not much time to game anyway...

But for me it's definetly:

DmC: Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Rising (which I just now finished for the first time)
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD

Well that's about it I guess, looking forward to buy Darksouls 2 and Castlevania LoS 2 next year, that would also conclude my console gaming for a few years I guess, since none of the new consoles interest me in the slightest.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Forgot to add this:

Minecraft 1.7
The Minecraft update that changed the world! Love the new biomes! :)

Top Bottom