• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BEST GAMES OF 2013! That time again folks.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
With 2013 winding down and not much I can think of on the horizon I think it's safe to say we can probably name our favorite games of 2013.

I'm of course making this list consisting of games I have actually played (indie and AAA) and really in no particular order here are my best games of 2013.

-Outlast
-Gone Home
-Grand Theft Auto V
-Don't Starve
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-DmC: Devil May Cry
-Injustice:Gods Among Us
-Rayman:Legends
-Gunpoint
-Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon
-Metro:Last Light
-Dust

Honorable Mentions:
-Ducktales Remastered
-Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
-Slender:The Arrival

(I sure do have quite a lot of indies in my list)

Worst game of the year and biggest disappointment
-Aliens:Colonial Marines

Think that about does it.

Last edited:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I haven't played that many new releases, but here are the ones that I have played and gets a'thumbs up' from me:
DmC Devil May Cry
GTA V
Diablo III
Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD

Worst game:
Tekken Revolution *they should've just made Tekken 7*

As for next year there is:
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
Fable Anniversary

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

Greatest game of the year.
1. SaintsRow:The4th
_gintama__mock_laughter.gif

Everyone knows Metal Gear Rising: Revengance is the greatest game of the year. Even the title of the game breaks new boundaries.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Everyone knows Metal Gear Rising: Revengance is the greatest game of the year. Even the title of the game breaks new boundaries.
Please leave. This is just simply naming your favorite games of the year and not bashing anyone else's choices.

So take this idiocy elsewhere.

IncarnatedDemon

calm down, i was simply joking with Vampire by mocking him in a friendly way. And i expect same treatment from him. I don't even think MGR is worthy of GOTY.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, I haven't been in a very joking mood as of late and I don't want any stupid sh!t going down.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Why isn't "Remember Me" on this list? It got the shaft, just like Sleeping Dogs, Kingdoms of Amalur and Darksiders II last year. :unsure:

IncarnatedDemon

I think even the most knowledgeable and objective person would never reach a exact conclusion as to what was the greatest game of 2013. So many factors to take into account.
I really like MGR, but as objective as i am, it's definetly not GOTY. But it's a shining game of 2013.
I felt the same thing with MGR as i did with Demon Souls. And look at Dark Souls 2 hype - off the charts. And since DeS, Dark Souls has earned it's place as one of best RPGs of all time.

Glad you enjoyed Saints Row. Will definetly try it out once i get the chance. AMD decided to not supply Never Settle bundle for GPU i considered.
Hell...they didn't even supply game for their second expensive card either.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Just finished The Last of Us and it is so far my favorite game of the year.
I'm in the middle of the new Tomb Raider which is pretty great so far but i haven't finished it so i can't make a final judgement yet

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Lesseeee...trying to remember everything that came out in 2013.

DmC: Devil May Cry (dur)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Bioschock Infinite
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (I don't care that it came out earlier, Dark Arisen was why I finally got the game!)
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

...and...even though I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet I'm pretty sure...

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Best Games of 2013:
1: Shadow Warrior (GOTY, F**KING PLAY IT!!)
2: Blood Dragon (A game this good should not have to lug around the words Far and Cry)
3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
4: Saints Row 4
5: Outlast

Honorable Mentions:
- Rise of the Triad
- Metro: Last Light
- Resident Evil: Revelations (PC)
- Duke Nukem Forever 2013 (A Duke3D Mod)

WORST Games of 2013:
1: Aliens: Colonial Marines
2: Tomb Raider
3: DmC: Devil May Cry
4: Beyond Two Souls

Dishonorable Mentions:
- God of War: Ascension
- Dead Space 3
- Grand Theft Auto 5

Only games I'm looking forward to in 2014 are:
- Bayonetta 2
- Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros & MGS 5 The Phantom Pain
- The Evil Within
- Interceptors likely Duke Nukem announcement.
- Mad Max
- yeah.....ok.....maybe Titanfall too.

Last edited:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I olny played a few games this year that were new. Herr are my picks:
DmC: Devil May Cry
Final Fantsay XIV: A Realm Reborn
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Project X Zone

Man so many gamee I still need to get around to play.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I forgot MGR came out this year.
I haven't played it either. I've only put the disc in the console to see if it was working (then I forgot that I had it... up until now :/ ).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-I would have put Arkham Origins in my list but, the game is just so uninspired and is basically just Arkham City all over again. Arkham City was like my game of the year when that came out and it's a shame for Origins.

Origins has some of the makings to make it the best in the trilogy. The story is the best out of the 3 and it really has some cool ideas but, they were never really fleshed out and it's too SAFE. They're too afraid to do anything with it so arguably we have much of the same game. So, it doesn't get a top games list. 3/5

-Dead Space 3 was the game that killed all hope I had for the franchise. As a horror fan, Dead Space 1 was one of the only AAA horror titles that actually still tried to be a survival horror game. 2 got a little more action packed but still had its moments. 3 just was the final nail in the coffin. A mediocre action game that went the Resident Evil route real quick. 2/5

-Dead Island Riptide. Didn't fix a damn thing that was wrong with the first game. Awful game. 1/5

-Metal Gear Rising was a surprisingly disappointing hack n slash from P* who I know have done better. Plus just a ninja gaiden clone with metal gear wallpaper. With boring level design and a surprising lack of depth coming from a developer I thought would do better. Also, thanks for screwing up Raiden's resolution with MGS 4. You hack n slash fans can ride its D all you want but as a die hard Metal Gear fan I'd appreciate a better cyborg ninja game.

Try harder next time. 3/5

-Army of Two:The Devil's Cartel. The first game were actually a fun co-op adventure to do with your buddy. However the series as it went on never really did much else and the lack of polish and just bare bones game design really drags down what was supposed to be a substantial leap for the franchise. There's really no reason to go out of your way to pick this one up. 2/5

-Anarchy Reigns, (that titles contradicts itself). Eh, P* uses pretty the stupidest word that we were all doubtful actually existed "revengeance" for their latest game so maybe the English language isn't their strong suit. Anyway, at its core, Anarchy Reigns is a capable fighter but has its fair share of dents along the way. A brawler starring a crap load of characters no one has really ever heard about (well I know Jack because I personally Love MadWorld) but other than that it's quirky all over the place style doesn't really make up for a non polished fighter. Maybe with a little work it could have been better but other than that unless you really got money to blow and can't be occupied with anything else, give it a skip. You aren't really missing out on much. 3/5

Well that's why I didn't put some of the games you said in my top games list. Who gives a crap what "official" awards are given. These our OUR picks.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yes, I am a pretty harsh critic. The gaming industry always tends to bring out my rather cynical side.

Top Bottom