• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;289666 said:
Coo.

Another question:
What mythology is the most interesting to you? Greece mythology or Norse mythology?

Both are rather interesting but Greek is the more well known.

Meg;289674 said:
Why can't we indent paragraphs in our posts?

Why would you want to?

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
aka958;289675 said:
o_O

To staff:

What is indent?

Even though this was meant for the staff, I think I'll answer it. An indent is when you leave a space(not with the space key) between the margin(side of paper) and the start of a paragraph.
Here is an image example. Hopefully, I have explained it well enough so that you know what I mean, because I am not so good at explaining things.

Dark Drakan

Admin
ReChronicles;289716 said:
why are some people not nice to other people?

Just the way some people are.

Meg;289722 said:
I honestly don't care either way. I was just wondering. =]

Looks neat on a letter but just looks out of place on a message board.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
. . . i agree, there's really just no need for such a silly thing. honestly, the way i see it indents are optional grammar, much like Capital letters. commas and semicolons, though; those are necessary. so's the apostrophe and the most overlooked one of all: the colon.

dear staff, do you like irony?

Meg

This was brought up in my Junk Thread. Could you please clarify what the exceptions to the double posting rule is? Like is it ok if its a member if posting the next chapter of a story, or something like that?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Meg;289892 said:
This was brought up in my Junk Thread. Could you please clarify what the exceptions to the double posting rule is? Like is it ok if its a member if posting the next chapter of a story, or something like that?

Here are my own understandings of the exceptions for double-posting. As I am aware, there are only really two exceptions to this.

If adding something new to your work (Whether it be your fan-fiction) Or adding a new piece of information to a Thread, if you think that it is relevant. The first exception would be for your own work. As anything you needed to say again, could be done so in an edit. And/or brought to the attention of the creator of the Thread via a Profile Message or a Private Message. The second exception could apply to your own Thread, or somebody else's.

However, in the case for exceptions, double-posting would be considered bad if it is soulfully done to bump a dead Thread. Be the Thread your own, or anyone else's.

That is all that I am aware of in the case of exceptions for double-posting. Primarily it is against forum rules. And though there may be exceptions, I wouldn't suggest consistent use of these exceptions.

Dark Drakan

Admin
LordOfDarkness;289914 said:
Here are my own understandings of the exceptions for double-posting. As I am aware, there are only really two exceptions to this.

If adding something new to your work (Whether it be your fan-fiction) Or adding a new piece of information to a Thread, if you think that it is relevant. The first exception would be for your own work. As anything you needed to say again, could be done so in an edit. And/or brought to the attention of the creator of the Thread via a Profile Message of a Private Message. The second exception could apply to your own Thread, or somebody else's.

However, in the case for exceptions, double-posting would be considered bad if it is soulfully done to bump a dead Thread. Be the Thread your own, or anyone else's.

That is all that I am aware of in the case of exceptions for double-posting. Primarily it is against forum rules. And though there may be exceptions, I wouldn't suggest consistent use of these exceptions.

Yeah thats pretty much everything i would have said.

Meg

Ok, so in my Junk Thread I'll post the next chapter of whatever and then no one responds so a few days to a week or two later I post the next thing. Is that ok? ._.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Meg;289983 said:
Ok, so in my Junk Thread I'll post the next chapter of whatever and then no one responds so a few days to a week or two later I post the next thing. Is that ok? ._.

Yeah that would be fine.

Dark Drakan

Admin
GamblingGambitCloud;290327 said:
dear staff...who would win in a shouting fight between Gandalf ("You Shall NOT Pass!") and Leonidas ("This IS Sparta!") ?

I think it would be an epic draw.

Meg

Just an idea I had. You know how some sites have alternate site banners you can pick from? Well assuming Mr. Steve had all this time on his hands, or slaves, wouldn't it be neat if this site had a default banner (the current one) and then a few others people could set it to? Like one for each game, or each featuring a different character. Something like that. Just an idea. :$

Dark Drakan

Admin
Meg;290483 said:
Just an idea I had. You know how some sites have alternate site banners you can pick from? Well assuming Mr. Steve had all this time on his hands, or slaves, wouldn't it be neat if this site had a default banner (the current one) and then a few others people could set it to? Like one for each game, or each featuring a different character. Something like that. Just an idea. :$

Seems a lot of work for something so minor. Would have to make sure every banner worked on every page and worked in every browser correctly. Possible but doubt he has the time.

GamblingGambitCloud;290514 said:
what about if Beowulf got involved?

Be an interesting contest.

Top Bottom