• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Meg

Not really a question, more of a concern. I noticed people get salty when others "liked" posts that are rude/aggressive and directed at them. I've even had people confront me about why I "liked" someone's post that they thought was aimed at them or something. Basically, there is drama surrounding the like system. Just wanted to point that out. I thought the staff should know. :oops:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The system is just a button. I say that if the people are getting too touchy about small things like that, it's their problem.

And remember guys, "like" doesn't necessarily mean "agree". It can be anything from "I find this funny" or "I like the way he/she writes things" but most of all it is not for anyone's bussiness who likes what and why. It might sound a bit harsh, but I that's how I see it.

*thank god there isn't a dislike button here*

Reactions: Meg

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not really a question, more of a concern. I noticed people get salty when others "liked" posts that are rude/aggressive and directed at them. I've even had people confront me about why I "liked" someone's post that they thought was aimed at them or something. Basically, there is drama surrounding the like system. Just wanted to point that out. I thought the staff should know. :oops:
It was the same with the rep system, only less public because you couldn't see who repped whom and for what unless it was activated as an option on their profiles.

When someone gets upset with how another has "liked" a certain post, it's usually because they've read the bit that offends them and assumed that the liker holds that opinion too and therefore must agree with the offensive part. I like posts for a variety of reasons and sometimes it's not even the content but rather the delivery or the points the poster is trying to make but perhaps failing to articulate themselves well enough for others to understand. If someone is taking issue with a like you've made then ignore them - they are being childish and silly. If they are going to get upset over something like that then equally they ought to be raging at you for not liking everything they post, surely?

And anyway - pigeons don't need to worry about anything. They just fly and poop as they please ;)

Dark Drakan

Admin

If someone gets any messages they deem offensive or someone sends them any such abuse they should contact a member of staff and let them deal with them.

Yeah message me or one of the other Admins and we could sort it out for you.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Have any of you found my sanity? The last time I saw it was when I was vacationing in the depths of hell. Little bugger ran away from me again :/

Dark Drakan

Admin
Have any of you found my sanity? The last time I saw it was when I was vacationing in the depths of hell. Little bugger ran away from me again :/

If I find it you can repay the favour by keeping an eye out for mine. Was last seen about 10 years ago as I left college.

Dear staff
is the alien or the predator better

ps I prefer predator

Both brilliant old school sci-fi creations that should never have met in the movies.

What's with these trophy points?
No offense, new layout is great but these trophy points are kinda lame when compared to old stylish ranking system.
Does anyone plan on bringing it back?

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
No offense, new layout is great but these trophy points are kinda lame when compared to old stylish ranking system.

I totally agree with this! When I came back here I was like " What? No ranking system?! *sadface*"

......... *sadface*

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The trophy points system is what comes with the software - the ranking system was something Steve created himself for the old software. He's very keen to bring it back here though so once he has the time to figure stuff out coding-wise, we should see a welcome return to the ranking system :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Depends on the cosplay and the woman. A beautiful person is beautiful not matter what she/he wears. But enveloping himself/herself into the costume of a fictional character gives him/her an air of mysteriousness, charm, making you like him/her both for who she/he is and what she/he represents.

Other than that there is the occasional girl-in-few-clothes cosplay who are somewhat super-appealing to the male community.

And I think I sound like an old man, lol.

Top Bottom