• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any RPG fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seigfried

Samurai Bartender
ShadowNinja is correct, DMC is not an RPG but only has RPG elements with the ability to level up your weapons and skills. Though what is funny is if you ever want to play an RPG with Dante in it, you should pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne since it has a guest appearance from Dante.

Tyles

I mainly play any kind of RPG, except for those old school die ones. I usually lean toward Square RPGs such as Final Fantasy. The first KH was alright, but the 2nd one really sucked. The prologue is four boring hours of doing kid crap then I stopped playing.

My favourite non-Square RPGs would have to be the Lufia series. And I should really get back to playing that Magna Carta: Tears of Blood game. Haven't played it since December.

demonslayer

have you even played through KH2? it starts out slow but its better than the first one, once you get into it

Tyles

That's what they all say but I'm really turned off by that prologue. So maybe I'll touch it again somewhere down the line in the coming years.

Tyles

I am passed the prologue. So far Maleficent revives herself, Heartless are still running around, and they're not new Heartless, but unchanged recycled versions from the first game. Now emo Beast doesn't seem to care that I'm back. It's getting lamer as I go along.

Seigfried

Samurai Bartender
As they say "All good things come to those who wait...and play through more Kingdom Hearts 2". Not exactly sure who spoke that but he/she was dead accurate.

Krono Lucifer

SMT : Nocturne is an amazing game , its boring at times like all RPG's but its original(kinda)
I prefer Traditional RPG's which are hard to find these days.

maverick7

Kingdom Heats 2 gets good after you finish the prologue. i would know consider the fact that i played and beat the game.

Lady

the missing piece
there should be a support group for people who refuse or do no like playing KH. For starters, it gives me motion sickness for some reason. I'm waiting until KHII is in greatest hits before i consider buying it. It's...so bleh. Apparently they skrewed up Stetzar too.

Tyles

Yeah, I can imagine myself in that support group talking about my horrid KH2 experiences.

"Then Roxas...he...he began riding a bag of garbage as if riding a bull. Then I worked for his stupid munny only for him to lose it right away because he is a clumbsy punk."

ShadowNinja X7

Lol, some of my friends talk about KHII at school, and sometimes its kinda weird, seeings as how Its a disney game, and I'm in high school.

Tyles

I just gave my copy to my friend since it's his birthday. He didn't play the first game so it should be interesting for him and not ****ing-you-offing as it goes along. I warned him about the prologue though. Came close to throwing it away until I realized I could give the game to him instead.

Seigfried

Samurai Bartender
A little extreme don't you think, well whatever suits you I guess. Anyway, I though Nocturne was a very good game as well and Digital Devil Saga was just as good. But one RPG that especially caught my attention was the Wild Arms series. Not a very famous series a admit, but it was very good none the less. The first and second were for the PS and 3, 4 and a remix of the first are for the PS2. My overall favorite has to be the second with its interesting story, cool charcters (especially a very awsome character known as Knightblazer) and really good combat system. I have kept that game ever since I bought it and still pop it in every once in a while.

Lady

the missing piece
oh i've been wanting to play the Digital Devil Saga series, but i can't seem to find English copies of it apart from ordering it online.

Lady

the missing piece
i live in Canada..the closest thing i have is EB Games... :p

there's also Future Shop, Best Buy, etc but they usually carry "super popular" games. Toys r Us has "rarities" if you go there at the right time but i have to make a special trip there.

Nemphtis

I hear the start of KH2 was a little crappy, but apparently the game got alot better afterwards.

I'd love to buy KH2, but it's not out in Europe yet. I hate it when they do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom