• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any RPG fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowNinja X7

I love RPGs. Specifically RPGs with a real time battle system like the Tales series, Kingdom Hearts series, and Star Ocean series. Anyone else like RPGs?

Noxotic

FFX
FFXI
FFXII
FFXIII

They all look awesome, lol. I also like Kingdom hearts, but haven't been able to play the second one yet.

shadyoc

Devil Slayr
Yeah, i love RPG's but don't play them a lot. I've got KIngdom Hearts and thought that it was way too easy, might try the second.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Pretty much all the Final Fantasy series from FF7 onwards. Favourite RPG title ever definately has to be tied between Shining Force 1 and 2 for the old Sega Mega Drive though, old but amazing.

Ms.Reaper

I like Kindom hearts, FFX, and Chorno Cross. I didn't know that Kingdom Hearts was considered a RPG>

devil_may_care

**spoilers**
ShadowNinja X7 said:
I love RPGs. Specifically RPGs with a real time battle system
Just like me. I love RPGs, but I don't have any patience for the classic style (ramdom encounter, menu-driven battles etc.)
Now if battle system has strategy or timing elements, I'm on it.

My favs are Valkyrie Profile and Vagrant Story on the PSX. Lunar and Grandia are great as well.

Just started Atelier Iris 2, its battle system is very similar to the one in Grandia. I'm liking it.

Lady

the missing piece
i don't mind rpgs unless they have a good storyline. It's all about the storyline because i'm not too fond of the repetitive battles and hours of leveling up.

my favorites would be FFVII, Parasite Eve, and the Xenosaga series.

Virgil

ok dmc is a rpg i'm fairly sure that people like rpg's lol... i love them as long as they aren't turn based... those just suck

Rumor

I love RPGS, an kind, but mostly I like the traditional Turn-based ones. My favorates are, FF8(My all time favorate game, I really don't see what people don't like about it.) FFX, KH1+2, Fire Emblem, Legends of Dragoon, and Super Mario RPG

Lady

the missing piece
Ms.Reaper said:
It probably will. If KH2 is out on the PS2 and the PS2 is about to be replaced by the PS3 then it would make sense.

they never confirmed a KH3 so who knows whether there will be one or not.

Rumor

^There is nothing confirmed, but Nomura has had a few things to say. First that if there is another KH3 that it will be released some time around the middle of the PS3 lifetime, another ~5 years, since the KH team already has a project or two line up. And Normura is on record saying that if KH2 sold well then there would almost definately be a KH3, whitch it did..., and he's even stated that he already has a few ideas for the game-http://www.khinsider.com/news2/headlines/146381727.shtml

ShadowNinja X7

Virgil said:
ok dmc is a rpg i'm fairly sure that people like rpg's lol... i love them as long as they aren't turn based... those just suck

DMC isn't a RPG, its a action adventure game. RPG's usually have far less complex/refined battle systems, and have much more freedom of exploration. Still, a RPG with DMC elements would surely be one of the best games on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom