• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

another preview from euruogamer

Gbraga

The complain about the constant cutscenes interruptions got me very worried, specially after playing the demo, the amount of unskippable cutscenes during action is terrible, and in the Secret Ingredient level it's pretty much offensive.

crush

I love Dante's expression. "Killll the chillld!" "WTF?"
And I totally laughed when I saw 3:58.
"BOB BARBUS VOTED THE WORLDS SEXIEST NEWSREADER"

Paexie

You can actually skip most if not all the cutscenes in the demo tho. Some more creatively: demon pulling>enemy step>jump on ledge and pull the eye out.

But sincerely... the player just really sucks at platforming. He did say that he wasn't that good of player anyway.

Gbraga

You can actually skip most if not all the cutscenes in the demo tho. Some more creatively: demon pulling>enemy step>jump on ledge and pull the eye out.

But sincerely... the player just really sucks at platforming. He did say that he wasn't that good of player anyway.
I tried skipping all of them, you can only skip the longer ones, the pulling cameras you can't skip for example, and even though they're fairly short and won't bug you on your first playthrough, when you get to your 20th time playing the demo you really can't stand it anymore

ccutter

Facing My Demons

Yeah, like the guy said in the video. He's a noob.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I tried skipping all of them, you can only skip the longer ones, the pulling cameras you can't skip for example, and even though they're fairly short and won't bug you on your first playthrough, when you get to your 20th time playing the demo you really can't stand it anymore
Why not just stay at one of the secret areas to practice your skills instead of constantly repeating the stage? While it's true that it may annoy some people, most people don't play demos 20+ times though.

Paexie

What Cheesekao said. It goes to show how much I like to replay the demo, though.
But yeah, I don't replay the boss battle because of the unskippable stuff actually.

Dante94513

Noob or not. He is actually better than more journalists. I have the demo on PS3, so I can press PS button to pauses the game. But even so It's not like I'll worry about not skipping some small cutscenes.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I kind of like the review. He was honest about the things he wasn't sure about but praised the things he did, but openly admitted he wasn't a skilled hack n slacker gamer and was to n00b to the series. :3

But I'm not bothered by the cutscenes at all (you can always just skip them, considering it's a 15 hour something game, the short ones you can't miss don't worry me) and I like the platforming elements too mixed into the game with the combat so you're not alway only fighting. It's whatever floats your boat really. ^_^

Waaah, I SO want to play the full game though. All these previews (explodes)

Gbraga

Why not just stay at one of the secret areas to practice your skills instead of constantly repeating the stage? While it's true that it may annoy some people, most people don't play demos 20+ times though.
What about when I'm playing the final game? I'll probably finish it numerous times, but I already know that I won't be revisiting some boss fights in this game like I did in 4 or 3, I'll only fight Poison when I have to, because I really don't want to, it's not just about "not being up to DMC standards", it's one of the worst boss fights I've played recently. They promise us "no QTE" and then deliver something worse.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Pretty good. At least he was able to admit he wasn't that good. But then again he was doing pretty good for a noob.

The cutscene interuption seems like a personal problem to me, since I don't mind them all that much. I like it cause it feels like I'm in a movie.^_^

Though it could get annoying if if every few minutes a cutscene appears around. I think for that, NT have to remember this is a GAME not a movie.

DragonMaster2010

What about when I'm playing the final game? I'll probably finish it numerous times, but I already know that I won't be revisiting some boss fights in this game like I did in 4 or 3, I'll only fight Poison when I have to, because I really don't want to, it's not just about "not being up to DMC standards", it's one of the worst boss fights I've played recently. They promise us "no QTE" and then deliver something worse.

But you don't have to use those specials. You can just go off on the demon sucu-b*tch and kill her that way.
Plus it's like Nero's special grabs. You don't have to do them, just swing away.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Yes, but he is also a very good example of how a newcomer to the series will perform in a game of this nature. The game's success will be determined by the newcomers it was designed for, not the fans of the old, and if those who are new feel the same way this guy does they might trow the controller in frustration rather rejoice at the challenge.

DragonMaster2010

Yes, but he is also a very good example of how a newcomer to the series will perform in a game of this nature. The game's success will be determined by the newcomers it was designed for, not the fans of the old, and if those who are new feel the same way this guy does they might trow the controller in frustration rather rejoice at the challenge.

All we can really do is wait then. But I'm sure it will turn out fine. The platforming seems more as a "get it out of the way" thing.

I just hope that this game won't pull a DMC3 hard for new comers to rage quit it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
All we can really do is wait then. But I'm sure it will turn out fine. The platforming seems more as a "get it out of the way" thing.

I just hope that this game won't pull a DMC3 hard for new comers to rage quit it.
Nah, you've played the demo, is human difficulty too hard for noobs?

Gbraga

But you don't have to use those specials. You can just go off on the demon sucu-b*tch and kill her that way.
Plus it's like Nero's special grabs. You don't have to do them, just swing away.
Wait, you don't have to pull the highlighted things after the cutscene then? Are you sure of that?

I'm pretty sure not only you have to watch this garbage unskippable cutscene during the already horrible boss fight, but you also have to trigger another unskippable cutscene by pulling the cord off her.

This boss fight is absolute garbage.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I couldn't skip any of the cutscenes...
perhaps now he has tried DmC, he could go back to the original three games (maybe DMC4 as well) play them, then see if it'd change his opinion...

I must admit that in one magazine today the guy who wrote the article about the game said that he was worried the DmC would be too easy. Now, I'm not one to complain, but i did find Devil Hunter pretty easy (even for a normal mode).
Would this be NT's way of making the game more accessible to the newcomers that are interested in this game? And if so, if they go back to the original games, aren't they going to notice the ramp-up in difficulty. Compared to this demo, i thought... DMC3 was more difficult. (though that could be just me)

DarkSlayer54

Nope. It's brain-dead simple.

But I mean if they decide to play DMD mode.
If they allow you to stockpile items, then I'd say it's fine.
Judging by SoS on the club level, I'd say I'll have a VERY hard time on DMD. The bosses will be close to impossible for me. If only this game had untouchables, lol.

Top Bottom