• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

another preview from euruogamer

Blacknerd

You're making an assumption about how much Unreal is rendering as opposed to MGR's engine (which isn't MT framework btw). DmC usually loads the shifting environment after you fight your battles (you see a load screen appear), but it could load some of it before hand. Plus if the environment is always deforming in the same way you don't know if they are preloading ripped up portions of the environment, or if they are actually dynamically breaking them up in the engine. And yes programming in addition to data layout on a disc determines load times (and also hardware etc etc).

Which is why I said whatever MGR and im not going to have a discussion about the rendering capabilites of unreal vs any other gengine or long load times since again with DmC demo I never had that as an issue or even complained about it. Since nearly every ps3 game or demo has some lengthy load times.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
especially since as you progress in the game, the combo changes.

I'm not really to upset about any load screens since every game has some. If it was possible to have no loads screens at all, that would be great, but since we can't i really don't care. But i have been getting impatient about the unskippable cut scenes in the DmC demo, but thats only because i've played the same levels for over 40 hours. Anything done that much tends to get annoying. In DMC4, when you have to walk through the snowy mountains got me really ****ed because it was 1 of many long and boring walks with nothing happening. Thank god they added a run mechanic.

Just hold the "select" button to skip cutscenes.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Just hold the "select" button to skip cutscenes.
lol yea yea, i know this. I was talking about the really short cutscenes, the camera pulls and some of the checkpoint cutscenes. Granted they are only seconds long, after playing such a long time, i wish i could skip them. But TBH, i usually just take a drink, or.. um... do other things to really enhance the game :shifty:eek:ooOOO

ji-high

Wow so now we are comparing loading times....Listen people, all the previous DMC and MGR and everything made by Platinum are better than DmC. There, happy now?
That doesn't mean this game is not gonna be good tho....Jesus.

TyIquan_DmC

Wow so now we are comparing loading times....Listen people, all the previous DMC and MGR and everything made by Platinum are better than DmC. There, happy now?

Honestly can't say I agree, but I get your point.

Dnishe Ebanoye

Yeah. Especially Anarchy Regins and Bayonetta (hello, gamebreaking Pulley Butterfly).
Cool story!

Dominus

Thanks for adding nothing useful to the conversation!

TyIquan_DmC

Thanks for adding nothing useful to the conversation!

Says the guy who's sole existence here is bashing the game. Not trying to start anything but I've seen you speak nothing but negatively about this game and praise MGR. You aren't outrageously ridiculous about it, but I don't see how you can fault his input when he's simply trying to end a stupid conversation.

Blacknerd

Oh-boy-Here-we-go%255B1%255D.jpg

oh you guys

Dominus

Says the guy who's sole existence here is bashing the game. Not trying to start anything but I've seen you speak nothing but negatively about this game and praise MGR. You aren't outrageously ridiculous about it, but I don't see how you can fault his input when he's simply trying to end a stupid conversation.
Should I even bother addressing this baseless claim (let alone your straw man argument). Nawwwwwwwwww

crush

Just damn this loading conversation. It's not worth anyone's time. Worse than waiting a loading screen.
DmC is worth waiting 15 seconds. Just have a bag of chips and warm drink and you're set.

Top Bottom