• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alter Echo: The Basis of DmC?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I hope they actually flesh out the city and its people.

temen-ni gru could have had a huge impact on the world but its a shame they didnt do more with it.
I know DMC took place somewhere in the 20th century(meaning the 1900s) but not too far I mean DMC3 had a jukebox(so like 1980s) but when where those invented?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I know DMC took place somewhere in the 20th century(meaning the 1900s) but not too far I mean DMC3 had a jukebox(so like 1980s) but when where those invented?

no idea, the time period for DMC hasn't been specified but jukeboxes might have been around since the 50's

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC's timeline doesn't match up with our's, so it's hard to say.
Well I have heard about multiple times that it take place in the 20th century. I mean sure it doesn't have to follow up with our timeline but it takes place on regular Earth setting with Dante living in America.

Railazel

Well I have heard about multiple times that it take place in the 20th century. I mean sure it doesn't have to follow up with our timeline but it takes place on regular Earth setting with Dante living in America.

It takes in a place in a fake Earth. From what I can tell, it takes place between the late 70's and early 80's.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It takes in a place in a fake Earth. From what I can tell, it takes place between the late 70's and early 80's.
You say fake Earth. I say a parallel Earth with a different history. It doesn't look so modern(even for early 2000s) standards so good guess but since DMC games have such long time gaps between them(it could be like 1970s-1990s).

DMC3-10 years-DMC1-3 to 5 years-DMC4-???-DMC2-a good 1 year due to the story IMO-DMC sequel.

So the time span for the DMC series is like 15-20 years.

Railazel

You say fake Earth. I say a parallel Earth with a different history. It doesn't look so modern(even for early 2000s) standards so good guess but since DMC games have such long time gaps between them(it could be like 1970s-1990s).

DMC3-10 years-DMC1-3 to 5 years-DMC4-???-DMC2-a good 1 year due to the story IMO-DMC sequel.

So the time span for the DMC series is like 15-20 years.

So, if I were to give a guess, DMC 3 takes place in the early 70's. DMC 1 takes place mid- to late- 70's and DMC 4 would be somewhere in the 80's. DMC 2, I can't be sure of.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So, if I were to give a guess, DMC 3 takes place in the early 70's. DMC 1 takes place mid- to late- 70's and DMC 4 would be somewhere in the 80's. DMC 2, I can't be sure of.

Really I always hoped DMC3 was in the late 1970s or early 1980s & DMC2 was like mid 1990s so we can get a DMC game in the 21st century.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Her character was as 2-dimensional as it gets.
I don't think we were referring to her character but rather her figure(or her body to be exact).

18375861.jpg

Top Bottom