• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Limbo for angels?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
And the Bible is 100% truth with no fiction in it at all, right?

Depends on who you ask. Orthodox believers in Judaism/Christianity will yes the Bible is 100% true.
While Liberal believers in the two religions will say no its not 100% true.

TOPIC: Thinking about it now, DmC's angels having their own limbo of sorts would be cool because it would give Dante more places to travel to.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Atleast not all of them, I bet there are also "good" angels, since there is also "good" demons ( Sparda for example :D )
Depends on how do you understand the term "goodness"...

I think the whole conclusion of the story is Dante having peace with himself and accepting himself for who he really is, which I bet is gonna be hard for him since part of him is demon and he hates demons, so maybe he hates himself little bit too... (O._.O)

Back to topic; I still think demons and angels live in the same Limbo since it's a whole new dimension, there might be other cities inside Limbo, some controlled by demons and some by angels...

i think all angels are dedicated to order and (once again) id like to point out that the worst crimes in history were carried out for the sake of "order" . so we could have angels that want to force humans to live in a certain way and want all demons dead along with any "sinners". while demons generally wanna just string us up for lolz and hate angels, hence "whore mother"

speaking of i want to see how dante deals with the fact that each half of his power hates the other half. will he go into psychotic rages as they battle for dominace or just cancel eachother out every now and again to fuk with him?

lastly i like the idea that angels live in limbo. so angels and demons could be fighting to control limbo using limbo city as a battle ground

ZeroLove

Depends on who you ask. Orthodox believers in Judaism/Christianity will yes the Bible is 100% true.
While Liberal believers in the two religions will say no its not 100% true.

TOPIC: Thinking about it now, DmC's angels having their own limbo of sorts would be cool because it would give Dante more places to travel to.

I am more interested in hearing what you believe, since I am having this conversation with you and you are the one defending it. To me it is a mythology rather than factual texts.

I also noticed I haven't made an on-topic comment yet, so sorry about that. Since Limbo is supposed to be a demon-ruled city, I don't think angels should have their own version of it, because they aren't the ones controlling it. However, I do like the idea of angels having their own plane of existence, like demons have, but that it shouldn't be accessible in Limbo due to their lack of control of that certain area.

788Masri

I am more interested in hearing what you believe, since I am having this conversation with you and you are the one defending it. To me it is a mythology rather than factual texts..

im speaking to you as a neutral party, i know you dont mean it but refering to it ads mythology can be considered quite rude. especially to someone who is quite religous as they accept them as facts. i know you dont believe in it and that is perfectly fine (i dont believe in bible/gospel/ torah) either. but you have to respect them as core beliefs of people. in terms of their religon theyre facts. whether in the world of science they are is yet to be seen. hes refering to the fact that it is not from a divine revelation but from a scholars own interpretations so please next time just phrase it a little better please.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
im speaking to you as a neutral party, i know you dont mean it but refering to it ads mythology can be considered quite rude. especially to someone who is quite religous as they accept them as facts. i know you dont believe in it and that is perfectly fine (i dont believe in bible/gospel/ torah) either. but you have to respect them as core beliefs of people. in terms of their religon theyre facts. whether in the world of science they are is yet to be seen. hes refering to the fact that it is not from a divine revelation but from a scholars own interpretations so please next time just phrase it a little better please.

Thou I understand your comment and I thank you for it. :) ZeroLove's comment didn't bother me at all. :)
Everything is all good!!!! ^_^:D:ermm::steve::cool:

ZeroLove

Sorry, but no. To me it is just mythology, fiction written by people. I'm not going to wrap it up in cherries and sugarcanes to avoid hurting some people's feelings. I respect people with another belief than I, but then they should respect that I don't believe in it as well. I would also like to point out that SRS and I took this conversation in private so we wouldn't derail the thread further. If you wish to continue this conversation with me, then please IM me as well instead. ^^

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Ahhh and here i am excited to prove that the bible is fictional.But whatever.
If there's gonna be a world for angels,it would be heaven of course.That is the only thing i can think of.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
In Christianity demons are fallen angels. DmC is mixing elements from different Religions and myths not just Christianity.
Thus Dante's angel half is pure angel and his demon half is pure demon. In other words, demons and angels are NOT the same being in DmC.
nope in the bible Demons were CREATED by the fallen angel lucifer.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
nope in the bible Demons were CREATED by the fallen angel lucifer.
I'm going to try and make this my final religious comment within this thread.
Your wrong. The Bible (Old or New Testament) does not teach that. According to Christianity demons are angels who have rebelled against God. Simple as that. I know what I'm talking about because I've practiced and studied both Judaism & Christianity.

TOPIC: My head hurts from having to constantly explain this stuff.
Dante was gathered around angel whores so maybe they have a world. Its too early to tell if such a thing exists.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Agreed. Any further religion discussions are for PMs and not this thread, please.

Carry on :)

ZeroLove

One of the reasons I prefer the term "IM" instead of "PM", so I don't accidentally spell pms. *immature giggles* XD

Masri actually came up with a really good theory about how angels could be incorporated into the game when we IM'ed:

itd make it more epic if dante is stuck in the middle of an epic war between angels and demons. he have to choose which side he would help, essentially leading them to victory. so perhaps the story will eventually branch out. allowing you to help demons, aid angels or maybe make youre own side that dominates all.Tameen did say there would be a very high replay value to the game

This would put an interesting RPG twist into the ol' hack'n slash game, imo, but that would be alot different than any Devil May Cry game has ever done before. DMC have always been very linear without any sort of interaction on what direction the story would go and it's the same with any of Ninja Theory's past games. I wouldn't mind it though, as I like games where I as a player am able to affect the outcome of the game's story.

rocketvergil

DMC and non linear story just dont go together
I'd like it better if it stayed true to its roots regarding a linear gameplay however, additon of free roam would be great.

788Masri

DMC and non linear story just dont go together
I'd like it better if it stayed true to its roots regarding a linear gameplay however, additon of free roam would be great.

i know what you mean. im not talking about a full on rpg i mean that at certain points in the game your given a few options. e.g. youre stuck in limbo youve killed almost all demons and a boss you have these three choices
  1. stay in limbo and wipe out all the remaining demons (angel)
  2. leave the demons to flee and take the bosses soul for a weapon (demon)
  3. kill all demons and take bosses soul as a weapon (devil hunter)
i know it doesnt sound TOO amazing but its a rough example. what im trying to convey is that your actions have an overall affect. if your betrayed at one point or something the choices may become more straight forward. buuuuut i know its unlikely i just thought itd be a cool addition to the game

rocketvergil

i know what you mean. im not talking about a full on rpg i mean that at certain points in the game your given a few options. e.g. youre stuck in limbo youve killed almost all demons and a boss you have these three choices
i know it doesnt sound TOO amazing but its a rough example. what im trying to convey is that your actions have an overall affect. if your betrayed at one point or something the choices may become more straight forward. buuuuut i know its unlikely i just thought itd be a cool addition to the game

I get ur point

Razyel

Soul Reaver

Like in POP:Warrior Within? ( water sword ) :)

Top Bottom