• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Limbo for angels?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

Jane Sweetbee

it is true that here Dante is an angel/demon hybrid. buut @jane i think maybe youre right. but rather than being just higher demons maybe theyre a different faction. that evolved sepertely from the demons. they are still demons but angels would posses different abilities and appearances. i hope so cause then limbo city could be the battle ground for a civil war between the two to conquer limbo

The thing is "demons are actually fallen angels". There is literally no real demon.
Many demons in DMC are named "angel". It indicates they have some sorts of relation with angels.
Fallen Lucifer is the king of the underworld and those angels following him become demons.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The thing is "demons are actually fallen angels". There is literally no real demon.
Many demons in DMC are named "angel". It indicates they have some sorts of relation with angels.
Fallen Lucifer is the king of the underworld and those angels following him become demons.

In Christianity demons are fallen angels. DmC is mixing elements from different Religions and myths not just Christianity.
Thus Dante's angel half is pure angel and his demon half is pure demon. In other words, demons and angels are NOT the same being in DmC.

ZeroLove

In Christianity demons are fallen angels. DmC is mixing elements from different Religions and myths not just Christianity.
Thus Dante's angel half is pure angel and his demon half is pure demon. In other words, demons and angels are NOT the same being in DmC.

No, DEVILS are fallen angels. Lucifer was the first fallen angel who became ruler of Hell, his army of other fallen angels also turning into devils along with him. Demons, however, are different. Lilith, the first woman created by God, is said to be the mother of all demons, though the mythology and legend about her varies from religion to religion.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, DEVILS are fallen angels. Lucifer was the first fallen angel who became ruler of Hell, his army of other fallen angels also turning into devils along with him. Demons, however, are different. Lilith, the first woman created by God, is said to be the mother of all demons, though the mythology and legend about her varies from religion to religion.

Devils and Demons are synonymous. The KJV (King James Version Bible) popularized the translation "Devils" while newer Christian Bibles (NIV, NLT, etc) translate the word as "Demons." The word "Devil" is used more in Christianity as a name/title for Satan. The angels who rebelled with Satan according to Christianity's Book of Revelation and fell from grace became devils/demons.
Eve is the first woman created by God according to Judaism and Christianity.

ZeroLove

Devils and Demons are synonymous. The KJV (King James Version Bible) popularized the translation "Devils" while newer Christian Bibles (NIV, NLT, etc) translate the word as "Demons." The word "Devil" is used more in Christianity as a name/title for Satan. The angels who rebelled with Satan according to Christianity's Book of Revelation and fell from grace became devils/demons.
Eve is the first woman created by God according to Judaism and Christianity.

Eve was the first HUMAN woman God created, a female replica of Adam. Lilith was made by combining various animal traits, but she was created before Eve to be Adam's first wife.
Christianity, or religion overall, can be interpreted and translated in many ways. I like the way how devils were the known name for the fallen angels and demons are those other hellish creatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

In Jewish folklore, from the 8th–10th centuries Alphabet of Ben Sira onwards, Lilith becomes Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs. The legend was greatly developed during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar and Jewish mysticism.[3] In the 13th Century writings of Rabbi Isaac ben Jacob ha-Cohen, for example, Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangelSamael.[4]

Edit: I would also like to point out that how angels, demons and devils are in DmC: Devil May Cry might even differ from all the typical, religious and mythological versions there are. When creating a world of your own with demons in it, then you are the one who decides what a demon is in your own fictional world. There is no ruleset which states how a demon SHOULD be like.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Eve was the first HUMAN woman God created, a female replica of Adam. Lilith was made by combining various animal traits, but she was created before Eve to be Adam's first wife.
Christianity, or religion overall, can be interpreted and translated in many ways. I like the way how devils were the known name for the fallen angels and demons are those other hellish creatures.

In Jewish folklore, from the 8th–10th centuries Alphabet of Ben Sira onwards, Lilith becomes Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs. The legend was greatly developed during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar and Jewish mysticism.[3] In the 13th Century writings of Rabbi Isaac ben Jacob ha-Cohen, for example, Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangelSamael.[4]

i just think its funny how according to christianity and judaisum the worlds first marriage ended in divorce :p

i think theyre taking aspects from many religons and changing them to make them more dramatic and suit their needs better. hence rather than demons being fallen angels it could be the other way round and angels are a fection of demons who decided to protect humanity from their kinsman. OR they could go into a possible islamic route towards them.

according to islam God (allah) made demons (jinn) after angels. the earth was intended to go to the jinn and angels to serve him. but the jinn caused so much chaos and destruction God removed them from Earth and placed man instead. the jinn were not pleased and santan (a jinn) swore to destroy man. im only mentioning this because itd be cool if the demons had an agenda other than KILL ALL HUMANS. but feel they are superior due to their abilites and want their world back from us inferior mortals. and angels are trying to defend us.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

That is just folklore, that story is 1. Not accepted by Judaism, 2. This story if I'm not mistaken is a form of pious fiction. Meaning its fake. Religious Fan Fiction if you will. Judaism is to be viewed through the long standing Traditions of the "Oral Torah." Christianity is met to be viewed through the long standing Traditions of the "Apostolic Traditions." See Rabbinic Judaism and/or Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox Christianity for details. In other religions demons are "monster type creatures" but in Christianity devils/demons are fallen angels.

Jane Sweetbee

DmC's angel has nothing to do with so call "pure angels" (there is no "pure angels" in either DMC or religion). Tameem has already said angels in DmC do not represent morality and goodness. They are only angels in name.

788Masri

That is just folklore, that story is 1. Not accepted by Judaism, 2. This story if I'm not mistaken is a form of pious fiction. Meaning its fake. Religious Fan Fiction if you will. Judaism is to be viewed through the long standing Traditions of the "Oral Torah." Christianity is met to be viewed through the long standing Traditions of the "Apostolic Traditions." See Rabbinic Judaism and/or Roman Catholic/Eastern Orthodox Christianity for details. In other religions demons are "monster type creatures" but in Christianity devils/demons are fallen angels.

sorry if i made some inncoret statements on christianity/judaisum/islam im really bad at religous ed

788Masri

DmC's angel has nothing to do with so call "pure angels" (there is no "pure angels" in either DMC or religion). Tameem has already said angels in DmC do not represent morality and goodness. They are only angels in name.

supporting my idea that theyre actually demons whove seperated themselves from the others

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

I never said the the angels in DmC were pure hearted. What I did say is that angels and demons are 100% separate beings in DmC.
Also in Judaism angels are always pure 100& of the time including Satan. I just blew your mind didn't I?

sorry if i made some inncoret statements on christianity/judaisum/islam im really bad at religous ed

It's ok no worries. :)
My lot in life is to teach Religion lol. :D

Jane Sweetbee

I never said the the angels in DmC were pure hearted. What I did say is that angels and demons are 100% separate beings in DmC.
Also in Judaism angels are always pure 100& of the time including Satan. I just blew your mind didn't I

That's your opinion. No one said angels and demons in DmC are 100% separate beings, not in DmC, original DMC and religion. I don't know anything about angels in Judaism, nor do many people know.

788Masri

It may be. I prefer to think them as high-ranking demons.

depends if by that you mean literally a strong demon then i dont think thatll work. as sparda is , as we all know, a high ranking demon (if not THE strongest) which NT has defo kept as the boss does scream at dante "SON OF SPARDA" so he has quite the rep. if angels ARE just high ranking demons why do they hate Dante so much. surely a child of two of the most powerful demons would be worshipped by them especially one who can seemingly jump from limbo to the real world. i think itd make more sense if angels are a different faction that have different attributes completely. if theyre a small faction itd make sense that theyre all pretty strong (natural selection and all). itd also be a reason why demons hate dantes mother. if shes a demon slaying angel theyd be pretty ****ed at her.

another thought maybe angels are a faction of demons that can freely cross to our world. itd explain why theyre attached to us and why dante isnt stuck in limbo despite having demon blood. also maybe a twist in the end is some order members are secretly angels controlling them behind the scenes.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's your opinion. No one said angels and demons in DmC are 100% separate beings, not in DmC, original DMC and religion. I don't know anything about angels in Judaism, nor do many people know.

Well seeing as Dante is half angel, and half demon that tells us that demons and angels are separate beings in DmC otherwise Dante would be a full demon which Dante is not.
Also I practice and study Judaism so I'm aware of Judaism's dogmas concerning angels. Angels are pure good beings in Judaism. So its not opinion its fact.

TOPIC: So far it seems Limbo is a demon world and nothing about the Angle's world has been shown.

Jane Sweetbee

depends if by that you mean literally a strong demon then i dont think thatll work. as sparda is , as we all know, a high ranking demon (if not THE strongest) which NT has defo kept as the boss does scream at dante "SON OF SPARDA" so he has quite the rep. if angels ARE just high ranking demons why do they hate Dante so much. surely a child of two of the most powerful demons would be worshipped by them especially one who can seemingly jump from limbo to the real world. i think itd make more sense if angels are a different faction that have different attributes completely. if theyre a small faction itd make sense that theyre all pretty strong (natural selection and all). itd also be a reason why demons hate dantes mother. if shes a demon slaying angel theyd be pretty ****ed at her.

another thought maybe angels are a faction of demons that can freely cross to our world. itd explain why theyre attached to us and why dante isnt stuck in limbo despite having demon blood. also maybe a twist in the end is some order members are secretly angels controlling them behind the scenes.

So far we know:
1. Angels in DmC are not angels of goodness (see Tameem's words)
2. there is no indication of angels in DmC trailers except we are told "Dante is half-demon and half-'angel'"
3. Demons hate Dante. We don't know the attitude of angels. They are not present yet.
4. Dante's jumping ability has nothing to do with angels. Dante is dragged into Limbo by demons, not at his will. He has to find a way to get out, otherwise will get killed.
5. in the background story of Dante, it is said "he comes to terms with what it means to be a child of a demon and an angel". The meaning of demon and angel is not known yet.
6. In anthroposophy, archangels may be good or evil; in particular, some of their rank are collaborators of Ahriman, whose purpose (anthroposophists believe) is to alienate humanity from the spiritual world and promote materialism and heartless technical control.

conclusion: the meaning of angel is the biggest thing Dante will find out at the end.

In DMC3 manga, angel's realm is a metaphor of human world, because it represent the light as opposed to the darkness of the underworld.

ZeroLove

And the Bible is 100% truth with no fiction in it at all, right?

Razyel

Soul Reaver
So far we know:
1. Angels in DmC are not angels of goodness (see Tameem's words)
2. there is no indication of angels in DmC trailers except we are told "Dante is half-demon and half-'angel'"
3. Demons hate Dante. We don't know the attitude of angels. They are not present yet.
4. Dante's jumping ability has nothing to do with angels. Dante is dragged into Limbo by demons, not at his will. He has to find a way to get out, otherwise will get killed.
5. in the background story of Dante, it is said "he comes to terms with what it means to be a child of a demon and an angel". The meaning of demon and angel is not known yet.

conclusion: the meaning of angel is the biggest thing Dante will find out at the end.

Atleast not all of them, I bet there are also "good" angels, since there is also "good" demons ( Sparda for example :D )
Depends on how do you understand the term "goodness"...

I think the whole conclusion of the story is Dante having peace with himself and accepting himself for who he really is, which I bet is gonna be hard for him since part of him is demon and he hates demons, so maybe he hates himself little bit too... (O._.O)

Back to topic; I still think demons and angels live in the same Limbo since it's a whole new dimension, there might be other cities inside Limbo, some controlled by demons and some by angels...

Razyel

Soul Reaver
And the Bible is 100% truth with no fiction in it at all, right?

I think SRS means that it was written much later than Bible and it's some sort of heresy, so it's not part of the christianity just like Jehova's witnesses are not part of christianity.

Top Bottom