• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your worst fears

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
I hate seeing those who I love die!! This is more than a fear.
I lost my father and grandmother 2 years back and I am still suffering...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Osaka;301881 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they one and the same thing? :huh:

Not entirely the same thing. According to wiki:
A phobia (from the Greek: φόβος,phóbos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is an irrational, intense and persistent fear of certain situations, activities, things, animals, or people. The main symptom of this disorder is the excessive and unreasonable desire to avoid the feared stimulus. When the fear is beyond one's control, and if the fear is interfering with daily life, then a diagnosis under one of the anxiety disorders can be made.

Being afraid of something like dying (for example) doesn't become a phobia until you start fearing things like crossing the road (fear of getting run over) or going to the mall (bomb attack/earthquake), or even eating food (choking).

Whereas the fears I'm asking for in this thread, if someone says they're afraid of dying, it's a universal notion because a lot of people are afraid of dying, also in specific ways, so many people will be nodding and agreeing that they share the same fears.

I'm not lecturing you or anything either. I had to google the difference to be sure myself before I started the thread.
Also, thank you to everyone who has posted and shared, rep to you all ^_^

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
As an afterthought, I'd like to add turning into the thing you stand against to my list. That seems to be the current theme of my dreams lately.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Actually, i do have a fear of being run over.
VB as pavement pizza... not a very good thought, for me anyway.
We live near to a main road so that doesn't help

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
dreamed my best friend before i moved was drinking with me one on one. i left him with my liquor bottle and the rest of the dream was me trying desperately to get back, afraid he drank it without me.

interpretation: i'm afraid that all the best times of my life will pass me by in the place where i used to live before i can get back. in short, i'm being left out and i'm on a timer to return before my old friends have a wake up call and will not go out for a night on the town with me any longer.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Actually, i do have a fear of being run over.
VB as pavement pizza... not a very good thought, for me anyway.
We live near to a main road so that doesn't help
I know you posted this on Monday, but this. I've actually been hit by a car. Probably the most scariest thing that's happened to me in life. I blame the Edward Cullen shirt I was wearing at the time.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
HOLY S**T!!!!
i would ask a stupid question, like "what its like to be hit by a ??? tonnes metal box?" but obviously, it hurt like hell. So i won't...

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
HOLY S**T!!!!
i would ask a stupid question, like "what its like to be hit by a ??? tonnes metal box?" but obviously, it hurt like hell. So i won't...
I wasn't hurt (seeing how freaked out and scared my mom was was actually a lot more scary than getting hit, tbh). The car was only going about five mph, but my bike's brakes weren't working and BAM! It hit my back tire and sent me flying about ten feet. I got a gash up my arm and a crack in my helmet. I don't even want to think about what could have happened had the car been going just a few miles faster or I hadn't been wearing my helmet.

M'kay, back on topic: Loop-ti-loop coasters that don't have a belt connected to the thing that goes over your shoulders. After watching that one Final Destination...*shivers* I didn't ride ANY roller coasters for about a year. But roller coasters are awesome so I got over it. I still tend to freak out every now and then, though. >.<;;;

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Loop-ti-loop coasters that don't have a belt connected to the thing that goes over your shoulders. After watching that one Final Destination...*shivers* I didn't ride ANY roller coasters for about a year. But roller coasters are awesome so I got over it. I still tend to freak out every now and then, though. >.<;;;

Good grief, something like that happened to me. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but it was a carnival ride called the Kamikaze. It didn't move on a track or anything, it just spun the riders around on a huge loop at insane speeds. Anyway, I was with one of my junior high buddies in a seat and we couldn't help but notice that the shoulder bar didn't go all the way down. We alerted the attendant, but he just shrugged and hit the pretty red button. We didn't die, but because it didn't connect all the way, every time we went upside down we were slammed into the bars. I cracked a small part of my collar bone. On a side note, I remember the free neck braces sign out by the ticket booth...perhaps I should have stayed away >.>

Also. What's a good way to scare a bunch of kids on a new roller coaster? Ask them if they remember the roller coaster scene from Final Destination 3 and punch the button >_<

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Good grief, something like that happened to me. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but it was a carnival ride called the Kamikaze. It didn't move on a track or anything, it just spun the riders around on a huge loop at insane speeds. Anyway, I was with one of my junior high buddies in a seat and we couldn't help but notice that the shoulder bar didn't go all the way down. We alerted the attendant, but he just shrugged and hit the pretty red button. We didn't die, but because it didn't connect all the way, every time we went upside down we were slammed into the bars. I cracked a small part of my collar bone. On a side note, I remember the free neck braces sign out by the ticket booth...perhaps I should have stayed away >.>

At Six Flags Discovery Kingdom on the Boomerang (I think it's called that) my handle bars didn't go down all the way; I tried to tell the attendant and they shrugged it off. I was actually crying because I kept sliding back and forth during the ride. Not a fun feeling at all.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have another fear to add. Well, not a fear per se, but a cruel reality that if I was to gain my lifelong dream, I'd be an outcast and marked for death.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
At Six Flags Discovery Kingdom on the Boomerang (I think it's called that) my handle bars didn't go down all the way; I tried to tell the attendant and they shrugged it off. I was actually crying because I kept sliding back and forth during the ride. Not a fun feeling at all.

That sucks...what's with these irresponsible/ass-hatish attendants?

I have another fear to add. Well, not a fear per se, but a cruel reality that if I was to gain my lifelong dream, I'd be an outcast and marked for death.
I hate realities like that. The freedoms of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness apparently have limits.

Lately I've had this irrational fear of rejection. It's driving me crazy, especially since it's interfering with sleep.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
NECROING THREADS LIKE A BAWSS

-Toilets. Not the ones at my house, but the ones at school or public places. I am scared to death that something will come out of the toilet and impale me through my woman parts. It ranges from snakes, a broken pipe, or even serial killers who hide in the sewers and wait for teenage girls to use public restrooms so he can brutally murder them.

- Darkness. I'm not scared that I think that there's anything in the dark that's going to get me; I just get this eerie feeling whenever it's dark.

- I am deathly afraid of bleeding too much. If I scratch at something and it bleeds longer than ten minutes, I will BSOD and silently pray that I won't bleed to death.

- Power tools. In seventh grade I made my wooden go cart completely out of the sander because I refused to go anywhere near the power saws.

- Mazes. Just...****ing...mazes.

- Having my hair touched. When I was younger a certain person would stroke my hair after he did things, and now whenever someone so much as grabs just a little bit, I either scream at the top of my lungs or curl into the fetal position and start bawling my eyes out.

- Adding on to that, being touched in general scares the hell out of me. Which is why the idea of having sex is repulsing to me and why I don't like kissing, getting/giving hugs, holding hands, cuddling, etc.

- Glass floors and walls. Dear God, if something like that ever broke. Jesus Christ, the thought scares me so damn much.

- Big ass trucks. Whenever I'm in a car that drives behind one or next to one, my heart jumps into my throat and pounds uncontrollably, my palms get all sweaty, and I'm usually on the verge of tears if we're next to one too long.

- The Easter Bunny and Santa Clause "helpers" at malls. My mom would force me to take pictures with them no matter how much I protested, so most of my pictures of me with them have me with red eyes and wet cheeks.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
- Skates.FRIGGIN' SKATES!!!

- Public bathrooms. Someone can come and slice my man-jewels away. +_+

- Cat poo.

- FRICKIN' white tigers. Whenever I see one, I don't stop running till I reach Chernobyl. I would even hide in the nuclear reactor if I were cornered by one!

- I already were hit by an car at 20 mph. I was walking through the street, BAM! I broke my leg and arm...

Top Bottom