• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your reactions from the initial trailer to the Captivate trailer

What aspects pf the old DMC games kept you interested?

• The combat

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • The plot

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Dante ;)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Virgil ;*

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • ALL FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
when i saw the 2010 my reaction was "MOTHER ****ERS WHO THE **** SO YOU THINK YOU ARE CHANGING DANTE LIKE THAT YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD WHEN I LAY MY VENGENCE UPON THEE !!!!":mad:

then i saw the E3 footage and was like...well it looks cool but it seems a little choppy. >_<

then as more stuff came out i was just like ok NT youve got me im looking forward to this...:shifty:

then as the last one came out with dante being naked and all i was like....HELL YEAH THATS WOT IM TALKING ABOUT.:D

tho looking back i do see some changes. for one dante doesnt have that crippling seizure every time he sees a demon. and he doesnt smoke...why he doesnt smoke is beyond me, maybe he does but there are so many times you can show a guy smoking and keep it interesting. any ways i dont mind him not spazing out anymore. hes still disturbed look at him. hes impulsive and arrogant. hes the kind of person whod make you want to cross the street so you dont have to walk past him. his cheesy one liner was meant to be that. "bob" of raptor news was playing the public with them "just donig gods work" and putting a spin on everythin dante did so he replied with an even more suitable one liner just cuz he new the fat guy was watching. You get a genuine vibe that he REALLY hates everything, its in his movements and tone/ dialogue. he just isnt whiny about it like he appeared in 2010 as for the other changes well this conversation should reveal all:
Exec guy: hey howd the 1st trailer sink in with the fans
Tameem: as expected not too well.
Exec guy: k, btw this came to me... you ever played DMC 3?
Tameem: no but ive looked at hours of gameplay for research about our fighting mechanics, why?
Exec guy: well in the game Dante had a necklace his mother gave him. it was pretty important basically...*sums up DMC 3*...so i was thinking rather than those bones round his neck maybe put the necklace there.
Temmeem: makes sense necklace is only decoration might as well be something significant
Exec guy: ok, and as for his face, dante looks a little like the joker if you asked me
Temeem:t you too huh? well were working on that, it was just something we threw together so we could get started offically on the project.
Exec guy: excellent. so shall we begin two solid years of fighting mechanics alone
Tameem: why do you think im here.....

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
At first, my reaction was "This cant be happening". I argued and complained, but when I actually did my research, I found that this really could work. dante's personality changed alot. from "Meh, big castles and demons is cool and all..." Dante, to "hrrrrmmmm. I dont have time for this...." Dante, to "heh, you call that a challenge? bring it on!" Dante, to "hey, its a demon, im gonna poke it with a stick..." Dante. (DMC1-DMC4) (plus, I think DMC4 dante never took anything serious, and seemed a liitle childish (which I found refreshing :D)) Now new dante has a "Get out of my way, I need to go over there and be unintentionally badass." This also feels very Dante like. I like it.

somekidfromthe90's

Didn't they say over and over again that Dante would still be a smartass with a sense of humor? Because that's what fans wanted from his character.

Even now, people say both that DmC Dante is nothing like OG Dante AND that he's too much like OG Dante; with the idea that NT decided to change his character due to negative response. They finished the scripting and cutscenes for this game almost a year ago. The footage we see in the cutscenes (along with the footage we have yet to see) was wrapped up long before we heard an actual line from Dante*.

So we can't assume that NT decided to change him all of a sudden. They're just keeping their word.

*"My name is Dante" doesn't count. He also sounds nothing like he does now.
what's your "inital to Captivate" story?

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
what's your "inital to Captivate" story?
Mine?
I had heard one or two things about the guys behind Heavenly Sword doing a Devil May Cry game. I didn't care much for Devil May Cry beforehand, and I didn't care much for DmC after seeing the first trailer. There was tons of arguing about it online that I didn't care about either.

Then the second trailer came out (E3's Glitch Mob trailer) and I just jumped in. I began finding everything I could about Devil May Cry and the reboot. All of that so I could actively participate in discussions about this game and past games. I was actively supporting it now.

With the Gamescom trailer and the leaked TGS footage, I gained hope for the game. I constantly compared it against combo or walkthrough videos for DMC3 and DMC4, but I was optimistic since the game had improved over the few months since E3's trailer.

And then the gameplay leaks came out. Compare them to the most recent captivate footage: there's a huge improvement, and this game is well on its way to stacking up to the previous two.

Long story short, I didn't care about the series before and the E3 trailer caught my attention. Now I'm a supporter.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
TGS trailer - Didn't like it except for the music.
E3 trailer - Good.
TGS special trailer - It's cool.
Captivate trailer - Sick!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
2010TGS: "
images

2011 E3:
images

2011 gamescon:
images

2011 leaked TGS gameplay:
images

2012 gameplays ("Escape" "the fight" etc):
images

2012 International trailer:
images

And now 2012 Captivate footage:
2174516-dantehgh_super.png

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
TGS2010 i was very excited after i found out it was devil may cry. Dante really didn't say anything and i think his attitude hasn't changed at all. He still kicks demon ass in a more aggressive way than the origiDante did. And that is present in the captive gameplay trailers

After Captive came out, with all the hands on previews and the trailer, i'm hoping for a collectors editions! because i would happily buy that.

DmC Punk

Azurel

Anyway, Dante seems to be able to play well, and this is without a lock on. Since DmC retains the parries, jump cancels, and lots of unlockable weapons and moves, it looks to be worth the entry fee. If they decide to include Vergil, then hopefully he'll at least be an unlockable skin.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Anyway, Dante seems to be able to play well, and this is without a lock on. Since DmC retains the parries, jump cancels, and lots of unlockable weapons and moves, it looks to be worth the entry fee. If they decide to include Vergil, then hopefully he'll at least be an unlockable skin.
there is a lock on...it automatically lock on to an enemy...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Doesn't mean we don't have oppinions on it, including 'I like it' or 'I don't like it.'

I, for example, don't like the PSP GoW games, and I've never played them. I did play the PS2 and 3 titles and, yeah, I don't like em, just from seeing the footage I ccan tell I'm not liking what I'm seeing.

Hazel

Let's go to the park and feed the trolls
Hmm...I liked the new look and style from the very beginning, but I had reservations about the gameplay; fortunately most of those are at least sleeping now. :)

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
To tell you the truth From tgs 2010 to now...hes always had a monkey face to me

ReRave

smug jerk
I, for example, don't like the PSP GoW games, and I've never played them. I did play the PS2 and 3 titles and, yeah, I don't like em, just from seeing the footage I ccan tell I'm not liking what I'm seeing.
A shame, because they are all brilliant, even the PSP ones. The dodge mechanics feel "wron" on the PSP, but it's a superb port nonetheless.
And well, the original series doesn't need explaining, the games simply rock.

Top Bottom