• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your opinion on rap

What do you think about rap?

• Total voters

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
To be fair you could say that about a lot of different styles of music - death metal being one and reggae being another. I'm not a fan of rap - it's not to my tastes, but then it is also largely the lyrics that I do not like. Firstly, they are incomprehensible and secondly they seem to mostly be about sex, drugs, guns, killing and other ridiculous things.

I have better things to do with my time than listen to some gansta wannabe moaning about how his mother shot him in the face when he was 10 and he has lived on the streets selling crack to the elderly with their Meals on Wheels or whatever...

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Sometimes rap can be fun to listen,but most of the times there's nothing but excessive swearing and mindless rants.So I'm kinda confused.There ARE some rap songs I like very much,but in general they aren't too good.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Angel;23771 said:
To be fair you could say that about a lot of different styles of music - death metal being one and reggae being another. I'm not a fan of rap - it's not to my tastes, but then it is also largely the lyrics that I do not like. Firstly, they are incomprehensible and secondly they seem to mostly be about sex, drugs, guns, killing and other ridiculous things.
That is what I mean. The lyrics are an extrememly bad influence on teenage kids, encouraging them to do drugs, underage sex and commit gun crime etc etc.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not all rap music is like that - but a lot of it is. Just like not all metal music calls for death to Christians/minority groups/people who look at you wrong and then go kill your parents because they never understood you...but some does.

It's just a shame that there are a few bands/groups in the music industry that really let down the genre they write for...

anit4e

Gaara *kiss*
Well i'm not a fan of rap so...there are some good songs sometimes but...rap is not my taste

The dark knight

Eminem doesnt do that though.Eminem is a guy that knows what he is talking about.And he doesnt make up his own words like other rappers do.

KoRn_Dowwg666;23834 said:
That is what I mean. The lyrics are an extrememly bad influence on teenage kids, encouraging them to do drugs, underage sex and commit gun crime etc etc.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
The dark knight;23861 said:
Eminem doesnt do that though.Eminem is a guy that knows what he is talking about.And he doesnt make up his own words like other rappers do.

Some of his songs do, and he does make up his own words...sometimes anyway lol :p

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
'-_-' What, so you are saying that just because you have never heard him make up his own words in the two songs you have heard, out of the hundreds he has made????????? :huh:

Vegeta

Premium
Im not going to choose because the decision "It's okay" isnt up there... I dont like it to much but the older stuff and a little new stuff is good.

Top Bottom