• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your likes and dislikes about DmC - The Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I do like his clothes and thinks it's looks cool and it makes sense for him to wear something more than the Victorian get up he had in one. His actual appearance is ok just looks a little too normal and reminds me more of Nero than Dante. I don't think it was needed tho as his old look sans the getup weren't a problem. A good thing about the look tho is that it's easier to cosplay too and easier to cast an actor for the movie tie in.

The music is good but hasn't drawn me in the same way old ost did.

The brightness of the area we are in is ok since we are in a city in the daylight. I'm sure there are other areas that are darker.

The look of the dt is more of a problem as it's vindictive to the fans plus I rather be him actually turning into a demon or an angel.

Meg

Gameplay is a collerbation between Capcom and Ninja theory.

Ninja theory hasn't displayed the main thing that they were hired for : story.
It's funny how when anyone who's not familiar with DMC talks about DmC Dante as the same character.
And it's also funny how Ninja theory are not alone on gameplay - but people see the overall picture of Ninja theory being the reason why the gameplay looks good.
Aren't Capcom just advising the project? If so then NT are the primary ones behind the gameplay.

Juuust trying to give them some credit. :)

Asmodaius

Aren't Capcom just advising the project? If so then NT are the primary ones behind the gameplay.

Juuust trying to give them some credit. :)

It's been announced that Capcom are the ones who are doing the gameplay, I believe.
Can't remember where though...

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Likes: I love the art style. It's edgy, it's punk, it's fresh and modern. I just think it's phenomenal. Dante's design is exactly as I'd envision a dark hero (the main character of my novel was actually based off the untweaked design that was introduced in TGS 2010). I personally think the vibrant colors are a good thing; it adds irony to it and it's kind of funny to me. Just because you have demons and darkness doesn't mean everything has to be muted and grey.

Dislike: The enemy design is a little...awkward. It's uneven. You have frightening eye-cameras and that boss/mid-boss. And then you have the generic looking robot things that, while they are very cool to look at, don't catch my attention. Just look at those three enemy arts they revealed. The Stinger and Fat Joe (because I can't remember it's name) are actually creepy. The robots are...meh. Some of the animations are also still a little stiff.

EDIT: Byyyyy the wayyy...I thought the original look of this new Dante was actually kind of cool. I don't need a perfect looking character. Throw me a pimply guy and I'd probably feel more badass :cool:

Jaxxy

D: ! what's gd baby?
gd is g-dragon korean pop star/singer/rapper from band Big Bang......here i give you a sample of his behind the scene :Baby Good Night"

PLEASE PRESS FORWARD TO 1:13 SECONDS TO SEE G-DRAGON (GD) and when u get there...keep watching to the end.

Jaxxy

ninja theory and capcom did not know that new dante's hairstyle would be more famous in Asia than in the west lol.
now don't get mad at me and say i'm wrong and so forth. i'm just saying.

bahaha! come on! dante is not THAT bad looking lol

i meant that i like the hair style. majority of asian guys are doing that hairstyle that new dante sport around....especially in my community. nothing wrong with it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i meant that i like the hair style. majority of asian guys are doing that hairstyle that new dante sport around....especially in my community. nothing wrong with it.
oh okay lol well their hairstyles are similiar, but the singer's hairstyle is more exagerated and out there, while dante's is more casual. sorry for the misunderstanding lol

Asmodaius

DmC Dante's hairstyle looks like a general boyish haircut to me. I've seen that haircut on alot of guys here in Denmark, even a long time before DmC was even announced. It's just a regular haircut.

That Asian guy in the video had a more excessive version of it, having it styled up and it is longer than Dante's, but with the same undercuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom