• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your likes and dislikes about DmC - The Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Part two has arrived. This time we discuss the overall appearance of DmC, be it Dante's new looks, the stage design, the demons, weapons - whatever it may be.

I would like to avoid any comparisons to the original series so we can just focus on the appearance of THIS DmC, however, knowing the people on this forum, that is close to impossible. Though it would be nice if people would be considerate enough to try and stay focused on DmC. That would be much appreciated. ^^

Now, like the Gameplay thread, I shall go on and tell you guys of my likes and dislikes first, to start out the thread. So here goes.

-Like: Dante's new threads.
Dante is looking HOT! Not only does he sport a new haircut and has dark hair, but his outfit is sexy as hell as well. It is darker and more modern, looking casual yet stylish. The one thing I like the most is his coat. I like that it is dark on the outside and red on the inside, that it has a hood and that it looks maybe a size too big for him as well. He looks more sloppy to go along the more punk'ish theme and I like that. He's looking like the kinda guy I would drool over in real life... but I try and remind myself that he is just a fictional character. XD

640px-%D0%9B%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%BE.PNG
-Dislike: Stage brightness and colours.
Ninja Theory's former two games, Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, both had beautiful surroundings in their stages. They were bright and colourful, masterworks of their own, and it worked really well with those games... However, DmC with the theme of angels and demons, underground rebels against the rulers of society, Dante's punk looks... the stages simply looks too bright and colourful to go along with that theme! The buildings look gothic, like when taking a stroll down the avenues of old European cities, the demons look mechanic, spluttering black oil-like blood when Dante swings his medieval-like sword at them, but the colour-theme for the stages look like something taken from a child's colourbook of rainbows and ponies. It really just look out of place! It should be darker, less colourful and more gothic looking, in my opinion.​
640px-Dmc-20110816083905996.jpg
What are your likes and dislikes of the appearance of DmC?​

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
likes: i love the artstyle of the game. i like the way dante looks, i find it an appropriate apparel for a young devil hunter, his hair is cool, his face looks awesome during cutscenes, and his jacket is pimp lol. unlike you asmo i really like the bright colors that are put into DmC, it really stands out in my mind. oh and it looks beautiful! all of the backgrounds are lush, and just wonderful candy to the eye, but i do hope it has its darker, more gothic stages as well. architecture, statues, and buildings look soooo good lol. another thing i really like is the look of the weapons. dante's new rebellion looks pretty sweet to me, however i wished it was bigger, and the scythe just looks amazing to me. another weapon i really like the look of is dante's guns. alot of people complain about how they look like toy guns, well i don't know what they're talking about because if someone put one of those guns to my head i wouldn't say "hey your gun looks like a toy." i would say they have a more fantasy-style to them and i like that.

dislikes: so far we haven't seen alot of enemies, i mean i like the style of the enemies, but the basic enemies (the drones) aren't the coolest looking demons. the coolest demons i've seen in the game would be the chainsaw drones, the stingers, and the lady bug boss. another dislike i have is that when dante hits the drones a giant flash comes from the hit. i don't like flashes because they are very distracting, not that pleasing to the eye, and it looks like more of something from a T-rated game.

Asmodaius

I agree that the stages do indeed look beautiful, I just don't find them fitting the overall theme with the game.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I agree that the stages do indeed look beautiful, I just don't find them fitting the overall theme with the game.
yeah i see what you mean, since all the other dmc games had a more gothic look to them, but im liking the chances they are taking with these new changes! :3

Meg

Dislikes: Dante looks better, but still not impressed. Stages look dumb and as Asmo said, way to bright and colorful. The surrealist parts look stupid. Enemies are kinda meh. Weapons are meh.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I like the new look Dante but I prefered it when he was like this:

http://bishibooru.com/_images/ba8ea...fficial_art short_hair smoking union_jack.jpg

I know there's not that much difference but his hair looks a bit longer whereas now he has a shaved undercut of some sort and I've never been fond of that style. I also like his jacket and sword/scythe thing

The World- Buildings trying to kill you. I don’t think that counts as appearance but I like the idea.

The Enemies- I can’t find and pics of them or the thread I probably saw it on but they are freaky!

I don’t really look in this thread since I don’t want to spoil anything; I like surprises, so I can’t comment on much but I guess I have to mention somewhere that I am looking forward to this game :)

EDIT:I had to put the link up since the image was HUGE no matter how much i tried to make it smaller :(

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
-Dislike: Stage brightness and colours.
Ninja Theory's former two games, Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, both had beautiful surroundings in their stages. They were bright and colourful, masterworks of their own, and it worked really well with those games... However, DmC with the theme of angels and demons, underground rebels against the rulers of society, Dante's punk looks... the stages simply looks too bright and colourful to go along with that theme! The buildings look gothic, like when taking a stroll down the avenues of old European cities, the demons look mechanic, spluttering black oil-like blood when Dante swings his medieval-like sword at them, but the colour-theme for the stages look like something taken from a child's colourbook of rainbows and ponies. It really just look out of place! It should be darker, less colourful and more gothic looking, in my opinion.​
640px-Dmc-20110816083905996.jpg
What are your likes and dislikes of the appearance of DmC?​

FINALLY something I can definitely agree with you on.

One of the major complaints I have brought up on this forum before is the bright azz stages.

It was actually one of the flaws I found with DMC4 (that and the backtracking).

For a game like DMC it really does need to have a "darker" more "gritty" atmosphere. Like I brought up before, the initial trailer showed a more darker city at the beginning of the trailer. I wonder what happened to it?

I really just hope that the bright city is only a small part of the game and we get to something alot more dark and gritty later on.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well.. We've seen that the early city areas are the only truly bright ones in the game. The carnival dark bug Queen areas are darker.

Meg

Meg, do you have nothing you like about this game at all? Not one tiny bit?
While I'm not a fan of the style I have to admit everything about the presentation has gotten better as a whole. (And I'm not talking about graphics.) Each new trailer shows that NT is really trying to put something special together.

Asmodaius

While I'm not a fan of the style I have to admit everything about the presentation has gotten better as a whole. (And I'm not talking about graphics.) Each new trailer shows that NT is really trying to put something special together.

Yeah, it might not be the Devil May Cry we know and love, but it still looks like it will turn out to be a great game, or at least have the potential to become a great game, in my opinion, that is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Did anyone else notice the Roman numeros behind the camera? Just the address maybe?

Asmodaius

Did anyone else notice the Roman numeros behind the camera? Just the address maybe?

Roman numeros on gothic architecture is rather common, so I never really pay attention to it. But now that you mention it... no, I didn't notice it. XD
Don't know if it means anything. I'll go check it out.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Could still just be to make the architecture real, where ever they got that arch it had the numero so they have it here, too.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The M is very devided from the 22, I can't see the who;e thing but I thing there was only one so making it 1022, the year that arc was build?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Gameplay is a collerbation between Capcom and Ninja theory.

Ninja theory hasn't displayed the main thing that they were hired for : story.
It's funny how when anyone who's not familiar with DMC talks about DmC Dante as the same character.
And it's also funny how Ninja theory are not alone on gameplay - but people see the overall picture of Ninja theory being the reason why the gameplay looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom