• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

your 5 most memorable gaming moments

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
so i just browse thru youtube for gamecube gameplays, and tho i never own or play gamecube games, some visuals audios are really bringing me back to my old gaming days, made me think that's how i remember console gaming..

so this thread will be about those memorable moments for games you played backthen, the reasons could be that was the first game you played on the platform, could be some scenes, could be because you played it with dad or anything, let's share them here..

1. Jumping Flash 2 - PSX
600261.jpg

had great time with this game, visually beautiful, eases and bright with great music and themes for the stages.. not the first game i played on the psx, but it really stays on my gaming memories.. and as cute as it looked, this game is hard, never finished it.. and funny thing is, i never could find jumping flash 1

2. star gate (snes)
snes_stargate_2.gif

when you talk gaming moments on snes, donkey kong should be on the list, yeah donkey kongs sure was a great experience, but somehow this game lingers more, maybe because this is the first game i played on the console. i got the game when we bought the console as the free two games you could pick, forgot what the other one was..

3. ocarina of time (n64)
Ocarina-of-Time2.png

played the game only recently, like 5 years or more ago on emulator.. this game is really amazing for me, for i think it's hard to play a retro game and emulate it while still able to impress as a memorable gaming moment.. i played this game when i only have a ****ty pc, so maybe that was one reason, and i was on hiatus from gaming for a very long time before this.. gotta say this game is very very gloomy, depressing and lonely, never played a zelda game so i was very surprised that i thought this game could affect kids emotionally, i mean won't kids developed introverted personality for this?

4.choroq 2 (psx)
Choro%20Q%202-PSX-NTSC-JAP.jpg

before underground was a thing with the free roam, customization, garage and all, this game did it first.. spent so many hours playing it, the visuals was like jumping flash, it brightenes your day, lol.. sure wish they'd make more of this game

5.raystorm (psx)

RayStorm.png

not much of a shooter gamer, but raystorm has the appeal on visuals and soundtracks, it wasn't as hard as the same games on the genre, but since it's not my cup of tea, i was really having a hard time with this game.. played it with my friends and we never could finished it.. lol

----

so ps2 maybe considered as the best console of all time, which i agree on that.. but apparently that don't make it my memorable gaming moments.. and some of the games i fancy most don't even make the list, i wonder whats the trigger for this.. anyway, have your share

Frazz

General gamer
1. Devil May Cry 1: best game I have ever played and it defines a masterpiece to me. Atmosphere, character and enemy design, environmental design were all perfect. Gameplay still holds up - it's still better than the now overused Arkham system (which I like).

2: BioShock/ BioShock Infinite: best stories ever with lots of great environment with fun, engaging gameplay. Both blew my mind when I first played them and they still do today.

3: Timesplitters 3: I've never had a more fun co-op experience than playing as a giant bipedal moose killing AI snowmen with my brother whilst we both use nail guns. Hilarious game and I miss it greatly.

4: Star Wars Battlefront 2: offline split screen was as good as Timesplitters 3 (I mean, it was made by the same people so that's expected) and I had a blast with it. New battlefront is an insult which I'll never touch.

5. DMC 3: we all know why this game is great and it created some great moments in my life. First time beating Vergil's second fight is a moment I'll never forget.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
hqdefault.jpg

1. Ninja Gaiden 3 final boss confrontation. Not to mention how hard this game was and how many hours I spent mastering it. And how on edge I was fighting this monstrosity

maxresdefault.jpg

2.Devil may cry 3, because rush drive through the whole game

okami_1.jpg

3. Okami, because Okami xD So many absolute epic moments in it. fight with Orochi, Ninetails, and ultimate Evil :D

shadow_of_the_colossus_by_alvinsanity-d590n99.jpg

4. No boss fight feels same after confronting hulking colossi from "Shadow of the Colossus". First time when I was menaced by simple presence in game :O

tumblr_lxlmomDlzY1qgjlhf.jpg

5. Second phase of Ornstein in Dark Souls. Nothing feels like going toe ion toe with giant knight who can kill you with one hit and thats for like 20 mins non stop.

Honorable mentions: Bayonetta's bosses and music, Vanquish final challenge, Max Payne 3 action, Nier truth behind shadows, Silent Hill 1-4, Heavenly Flying Fox and Whiptail battle, DMC1 Nelo Angelo, Xenogears revelations, Xenosaga Testaments, Legend of Mana story lines, Final Fantasy 7-9 and 12.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
1. Final Fantasy VIII - practically one of mine first games i even played (well also i been six on that time) and first one from JRPG i even experienced and maybe this will maked me later an fan of RPG games.

2.DMC 1- One of first games i had on console as thats been time when i getted PS2 and well also time when i first time tried Hack And Slash games too and liked later the series.

3.Deus Ex: HR- Mentioning this 2011 game as it returned mine old teenage interests in CP themes and maybe only one WRPG what i still enjoy and i would even now again for fun replay.

4. Resident Evil 1, CVX, 5- First played by me horror genre games even well with case of RE i played that in younger days and got once grounded for that lol, and well mine induction into Biopunk too.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
1. Devil May Cry for the PS2.
- I remember playing the demo (which I still have) that came with Code Veronica X and being blown away. I picked it up pretty much near release and the rest is history.

2. Halo 2 Four Player Split Screen
- While I'm not the biggest Halo fan anymore, I can't deny how many good memories I have from playing 4 player split screen slayer on Halo 2 with my friends. Our matchups consisted on the map Lockout with no shields and only pistols and sniper rifles. Good times.

3. The Co-op Eff up on Splinter Cell 3
- One of my fondest and hilarious gaming memories is when my brother accidentally alerted guards and then proceeded to haul ass in to a door I was sneaking behind where he kicked it in and I flew across the room.

4. Mario Party
- Growing up, my friends and I played a lot of Mario Party on the N64. Surprised our friendships lasted considering how intense our games would get. "STEAL ONE MORE F#CKING STAR AND I WILL END YOU!" We still pull out the 64 to this day to play some Mario Party 2 and 3.

5. Banjo Kazooie
- The greatest game of all time and one I still can't get enough of to this day.

6. Red Dead Redemption Role Play
- Yes I know I'm cheating, but I have many fond memories role playing with my online buddies on RDR.

7. Psycho Mantis Boss Fight on Metal Gear Solid
- This boss fight was insane and blew me away the first time I ever played it. "You like Castlevania don't you?"

8. Super Smash Bros.
- So many fights, so many memories. Love this franchise.

I have more but I'll stop here. I already went past five lol.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
1. Super Bomberman - I held the highest score on our console for ages :D
superbomberman.png

2. Pacman or Ms. Pacman. Many sibling fights revolved around who distracted who to make them lose.
review-mspacmannes-big-1.jpg

3. MARIO. Never beat my bro on this one, nor did I ever clock this game as a kid. But it was probably the most played game we owned.
Mario-Bros.jpg

4. Donkey-Kong. I admit, I sucked at this one, but it was still fun.
donkey-kong-arcade.png

and lastly
5. (not gonna name it because of the hate out there but you know what it is)
hqdefault.jpg

First game I ever LANned with a bunch of mates. Probably the most fun I ever had.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Oh man, so many
1: Devil May Cry, two scenes that will always stick out to would be obtaining the Sparda and obtaining Alastor
2: Legend of Zelda: from Ocarina of time we have the first time the Master Sword is drawn. From Majoras mask we have the moon falling
3: Metal Gear Solid: I nearly screamed like a girl when I heard the first notes of encounter during the final battle against Liquid Ocelot in Mgs4. There are plenty more memories I have of the series but that one is pretty all encompassing of my affection for the series.
4: Dark Cloud: the opening movie that played before you see the title screen completely enthralled me as a child.
5: Dragon Age: The first time I beat Origins was a great experience, a combination of satisfaction and wanting more.

Meg

There is absolutely no way I could rank gaming memories like that. So here is a list in no particular order:

Soloing Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls. This was my third play through the game, but my first with a new character, so I was using a straight up sorcerer. I killed Smough first and then focused on Ornstein. I remember I got him down to a tiny bit of health left, but I also only had barely any left too. And I was out of Estus Flaskes. He charged at me, and I was able to fire off a soul arrow and killed him right before he killed me. It literally came that close. I was gripping the controller so hard to cracked. It. Was. Awesome.

Crash Bandicoot 2. I loooooooved these games as a kid, and my mom would play too. We were really into them. We never got 100% completion for the second game though. There were a handful of gems we just could not figure out how to get. Fast forward about ten years. I download the game off the PSN store and we play it together. And we figured it out. We finally, finally, got 100% completion. We would freak out and hug every time we got one of the gems that eluded us ten years ago. It. Was. Amazing.

Devil May Cry. Enough said.

Mass Effect. Finishing the trilogy for the first time was really emotional. I loved everything about those games, and seeing it all end had me feeling rather hollow. I broke down and replayed the whole thing again a few weeks later.

Also Persona 3. Just.....dat ending.

I'll probably come up with more later.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Most everyone here seems to go with games rather than moments in the gaming. It's a bit misleading but I'm going to go with actual moments since that's what the thread is called and I have a few of those. More than five but I'll pick five of my personal favorite moments. Most already know the generally big ones in the shared history of the media.

#5 My First Council
Back when I was a kid owning a Nintendo was a big deal, they were a commodity and even though a lot of people had one it was still a big deal to own one. Me and my cousins played that thing so much we actually melted past of the plug. I always played video games at the arcades (las machinitas) so I've always like games but to own my own system... It wasn't cheap, either. I didn't realize at the time but in retrospective I know, now, just how mush my mother sacrificed to get me that Nintendo. Maybe she was saving the money to get car repairs, maybe she skipped meals, I don't know, but I do know that I wasn't as grateful to her as I should've been, not back then, I didn't understand sacrifice like I do now. Because of what this means, what my mother did to get it to me, this and many years later a clarinet, I have fond memories of this machine and what it cost my mother to give it to me. I owned it for so many years after and played it so much, with the melted plug and everything.
NES-01.jpg

#2: Near the End of Okami:
Before you enter the last stage of Okami (Spoiler) Issun and Ammy part ways. Fast forward to near the end, when she's fighting the last boss, when Ammy is about to lose the fight, and she not only hears his voice but everyone who she's met throughout the game and how some of them realize for the first time that she was a God.

Out of most of the games I've played that scene was one of the most memorable for me. It was a bittersweet scene. Not sure how else to describe it. This game managed to do what no other game has ever managed to do, I actually cried. I don't cry during games, most of the sad, melancholic or tragic parts of games are never made effectively in the same way a movie does or novel. Hell, on paper there is nothing about this scene that one would make someone emotional, it's pretty standard 'go for it' stuff so I can only imagine that it thanks to the build up of the game, that if I hadn't played for the last few dozen hours I wouldn't really care about it since I don't know who these characters are to begging with but it worked.

#3: Owning My PS2:
When I first moved out on my own one of the first things I bought, since I managed to save a good load of money for cushion in case I needed it, lost my job or got in an accident or something, was a PS2 and I played that thing so much. So many games, so many different experiences. Me and my friend would spend hours, sometimes till morning, playing games on that thing after work. It was some of the best memories I have, that freedom we had back then, of been that young, having money and so few responsibilities. It's one of those things that you look back on and realize you can't do anymore because you're just not that young anymore and I look fondly on it.

ps2-logo.jpg

#2 When I Realized what Happened in Rule of Rose:
This is one of those Japanese games that are easy to dismiss as nonsensical and weird but when the end comes the realization starts to raise and everything begins to fall into place, the pieces come together and after a bit of thought and memory and imagination and detective work you understand what it was that just happened. I understood and realized just how tragic it all was. It took some internet browsing for me to get the whole picture but when I did I was taken back. It really was a cruel fairy tale.

I never thought stories like this could be told through games, not because I doubted the medium but because it never occurred to me that this kind of story would be told in one. Cruel and beautiful was a more accurate description than what I imagined it to be, I thought it was one of those exaggerated taglines you put on every back of the box, but it wasn't and I was glad that I was wrong. I'm not going to spoil it if you don't know what it is and I know it's an expensive game but playtroughs without commentary that show everything in the game, even the true ending, can be found on YouTube, no problem.

#1 Dante Rising from the Ground:
There was something otherworldly about this scene, an obviously unnatural quality about him that became obvious when he did that, but adding to that the kind of man he is it added another layer to him. It was a moment of quiet realization, for a second, without actually saying it or thinking the words the feeling was one of 'Holly s***. That was bad............ ass.'

That moment is what I always reflect on and remind myself that I might never feel that again for the first time. For one the internet has made it so spoilers are the norm. Real surprises are gone from gaming and that was one of the firsts I've ever had. That's all over now, gone with the trust that if you bought a game from a specific brand there was a good chance it was worth the asking price. The other is that there will never be another Devil May Cry game like it. I've stuck with the series for a long time hoping it will reproduce the experience of that game I played all those years ago, nobody is getting it right. Yeah, there is action, there is combat, and there are fans who like the other games more, but what drew me to the series wasn't just the action nor the horror nor the atmosphere nor Dante's voice and attitude or whatever else is missing from the sequels, it's everything, all of it. Leave something out and it's just not the same. Most sequels to anything never have this issue.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Stranglehold - The game is an arcade-style version of Max Payne, but with the ability to also run up or slide down banisters, kick off walls, swing from chandeliers, and ride on rolling carts. It also automatically had you slide over any waist-high obstacle you ran into. At the end of the first level, you get into a huge shootout with waves of thugs in a tea house, which is comprised of an upper and lower level. Right as another wave was rushing into the area, I ran into the end of a long dinner table and began sliding on it. Activated bullet time, and then started sweeping my crosshair around, shooting at thugs that kept running in as I continued to slide. I had done a full 360, shooting all around me as I slid over the table. Better than any QTE could ever dream of being.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Replayed the game with my girlfriend recently to go through the trilogy. Got into the final boss battle, which is against basically three gigantic dragons, the middle one being the true boss that needed to go down, with the other two being its support, and a hassle for my party. The fight was going okay, up until the last time the boss started to charge its devastating attack. I was too focused on unloading on the boss, that I didn't notice the bombs that had been set up next to my other two party members. The monster pet died, and Serah didn't survive much longer past that. It came down to the wire and I needed to pull out some big damage before the boss could use his attack. Then I remembered that I hadn't used Noel's Limit Breach in the fight yet (you can only use it once per battle), quickly queued it up. Noel's Limit Breach is Meteo Javeline, where he jumps high in the air, turns his two swords into a spear, then chucks it at the ground three times with the force of a meteor strike (obviously). Meteo Javeline ended up being enough, and we beat XIII-2 in a clutch! On New Year's Eve at midnight. Helluva way to ring in the new year :p

Unreal Tournament 2003(?) - Went to a big LAN party where we played lots of games, and among them was UT. We played the bomb/CTF game, whatever it was called, where when you had the bomb your shoot key could only make you throw the bomb forward. I was running the bomb to the enemy goal and a guy jumped out in front of me. I jammed my shoot key, throwing the bomb at the opponent, and then unloading bullets into them while they caught the bomb, unable to fire back. Opponent died, and I picked up the bomb and took it to the goal. Not sure if I could ever replicate that, haha

Max Payne 3 - Playing the game with my girlfriend, we were having a lot of fun noticing all the details they put in the game, like the sweat that accumulated on Max's shirt, how he moved and shifted his weight, how his clothes wrinkled, and how grass stains would appear when he dove onto grass. During a level where you keep outwitting a sniper inside a stadium, we finally reached his perch, and I burst into the room, shooting a guy with him, and then diving into the air for a slow-motion kill. I dove directly into a railing, and amazingly Max folded over it perfectly like a wet towel. Euphoria is a fantastic game element.

Red Faction - My buddy and I hung out for a sleepover and messed around in the multiplayer for the game. It was a pretty generic FPS, but it had this crazy "geo-mod" system that let you cause lasting damage that changed the environment. On a map where multi-leveled structures sat on either side of a canyon, we took rocket launchers and tried to see if we could burrow through the canyon walls on the side to reach the opponent's end of the map. You totally could. I'm sad no game ever really tried that again.

Alternatively, watching my buddy play Red Faction: Guerrilla, where only buildings could take damage, he was running up into a building to take out a sniper target on a higher floor. He came up behind him with a sledge hammer (the game's default melee weapon) and did a jumping overhead smash on him. The melee hit slammed the sniper down through three floors; he was dead on a pile of rubble.

absolitude

@berto yeah i thought myself the thread could mislead and confusing to what it's supposed to mean when i made this, i'm having a hard time with right words for this even my own post could seem misleading as oppose to the title..

but for me my memorable gaming moments were the way i always and how i would picture gaming in a console should be with how the games looked and how it sounded, it's a more nostalgic memorable memories for my case..

but as long as the posts remains in the same course, which is the games or the moments or the scenes that will always be memorable i think it''s fine..

and i don't know why, few parts of your post made me melancholically thoughtful, especially the owning a ps2 part.. i really understand that feeling

After playing that game I realized that the only way to play as Chow Yun Fat is in a two player game. One player controls his left hand the other his right.
lol, what the hell? is this true @TWOxACROSS ??

@Meg , wait, how was persona3 ending again? i finished the game but i don't remember the ending

so, most of you guys have devil may cry 1 as your memorable.. come to think of it, we never had any game to it's likeness til now haven't we? i mean not just devil may cry titles, but any game..

oh, and this has been a good read, thanks for the replies guys

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Meg , wait, how was persona3 ending again? i finished the game but i don't remember the ending
Basically main protagonist stops imminent Death of the World from happening by sealing despair of humanity with his soul. So he'll go to school one last time saying good bye to everyone and peacefully dies in Aigis arms on the roof. And his soul remains as eternal lock preventing from apathy and depression overwhelm humans again-

absolitude

Basically main protagonist stops imminent Death of the World from happening by sealing despair of humanity with his soul. So he'll go to school one last time saying good bye to everyone and peacefully dies in Aigis arms on the roof. And his soul remains as eternal lock preventing from apathy and depression overwhelm humans again-

wow, this is weird, how on earth could i forgot about such ending? there are only one ending on the game right? not one of those good ending, normal ending, bad ending stuffs

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
wow, this is weird, how on earth could i forgot about such ending? there are only one ending on the game right? not one of those good ending, normal ending, bad ending stuffs
no in Persona 3 is only one canon ending. There are additional content like FES and P3P which added some afterword about Aigis in FES and on P3P adds butterfly effect, replacing gender of main character and
replaces Aigis with Shinji depending on her decisions but S/he still dies at the end.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
After playing that game I realized that the only way to play as Chow Yun Fat is in a two player game. One player controls his left hand the other his right.

No lie, that's how I play most light-gun games :3

I remember that I wanted that game so bad when it came out but it was literally a hardware killer on PC so I gave up and forgot about it.

It's never too late! Or you can find it on a console for like three dollars now :p

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So, my turn.

There are a lot, but I'll list 3 in no particular order cause I'm too lazy right now to think about which one comes before the other.

- Sibling Rivalry (Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening)

5k4ml5.png

The final showdown, the climax. The final stage of Dante's journey through the demonic tower and the final test he has to pass.

Everything is spot on, the direction, the music, the coreography, the acting. No final battle has ever gotten into me like this one. Arguably the most memorable moment in the whole series, and certainly is mine.

- Goodbye, master... (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

maxresdefault.jpg

Vesemir's death was one of the very few moments in gaming where I actually was emotionally touched. I am not afraid to admit that I did shed a couple of tears there. He was my fav.

- Stroggification (Quake 4)

maxresdefault.jpg

You see people getting stroggified in the game. But undergoing the process yourself is another story.

Gruesome, nasty, a surprise. Definitely one of the moments I remember the most.

Top Bottom