• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You best/faves of 2022?

Dr. Cheesesteak

However you wanna do it. Your favorite new games of 2022, your favorite games of any year you played in 2022, specific categories, etc. Below is my top 10 games of 2022. PC player here, so perhaps some glaring Sony/Nintendo absentees.

10. Strange Horticulture
9. As Dusk Falls
8. Vampire Survivors
7. Infernax
6. Immortality
5. A Memoir Blue
4. Norco
3. Elden Ring
2. Pentiment
1. Stray

edit: everything from 2023 to 2022 lol. I'm already thinking ahead. But I meant 2022.

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I happen to have made a video of mine just a couple of days ago.

Plague Tale Requiem was probably the years most pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the first game well enough but I ended up liking Requiem a lot more than I was expecting to.

Meg

I wasn’t wowed by many new games this year, but I really enjoyed both Gotham Knights and Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I also liked Supercross 5; easily Milestone’s best motocross game. Gran Turismo 7 was also good but the emphasis on tuning killed it for me. I never figured out what the heck was going on.

Dr. Cheesesteak

I happen to have made a video of mine just a couple of days ago.

Plague Tale Requiem was probably the years most pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the first game well enough but I ended up liking Requiem a lot more than I was expecting to.
I like your list, very well balanced in genre and studio type.

I know I'm in the minority, but I was not a fan of Plague Tale 2. Too many stealth sequences/arenas just didn't feel properly or fairly designed to me. I also maybe just didn't "get" what the devs wanted me to do when in tight arenas w/ lots of human enemies who can't be killed by rocks, since stealth is not as focal as PT1 and the armored/shielded/helmeted enemies require much more "stuff" to eliminate or get around. And don't even get me started when it was humans AND rats together... I got to Chapter 10, where the slavers are, and just could not take it anymore.

I don't know. Some stealth sequences/arenas I'd one-shot and be like "yep, that's good stealth design", but more other sequences I was pulling my hair out after constant death or getting caught. And I don't mind difficulty. I just like it to make sense. And it didn't make sense to me in PT2. But based on what lots of ppl say, PT2 isn't about stealth, like PT1 was.

I wasn’t wowed by many new games this year, but I really enjoyed both Gotham Knights and Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I also liked Supercross 5; easily Milestone’s best motocross game. Gran Turismo 7 was also good but the emphasis on tuning killed it for me. I never figured out what the heck was going on.
Kirby was one of those games that got a lot of love. I'd be all over it if I had a Switch. I loved the Kirby games on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Seeing Prodeus and Shadow Warrior 3 make me miss twitch/boomer shooters. But hand issues make me unable to play shooters for an extended period of time anymore. :( I'm sure those and even High On Life would've been up there on my list.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Seeing Prodeus and Shadow Warrior 3 make me miss twitch/boomer shooters.
There are plenty of other old school styler FPS out there on Steam and most consoles now. Unless you're referring to your hand condition. I am sorry though., it it's that the case.

Meg

Seeing Prodeus and Shadow Warrior 3 make me miss twitch/boomer shooters. But hand issues make me unable to play shooters for an extended period of time anymore. :( I'm sure those and even High On Life would've been up there on my list.
I know that feeling. I had to stop playing DMC due to issues with my dominant hand. I finally found a heated wrist wrap that lets me play most games without issue. But certain games are still iffy.

For me, racing games are my go to because 1) I already love them and 2) I mostly just have to hold down one button rather than rapidly press many buttons.

That said, forgot to shout out one of my favorite games of the year: Just Dance 2023! No controller needed; just grab your cellphone and go. Absolute god send of a video game for cold, dark winters.

Dr. Cheesesteak

I love racing games, too. But I rarely play them. I wish there was an arcade or kart game that was popular on PC for online races. I think the only popular ones are all sim-style. I wish that Sonic kart game had a bigger playerbase.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Stray was absolutely my top game of last year. T-T I already want to play it again. I love how well they blended genres and told such a well-written story...with a cat and a tiny robot.

Top Bottom