• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

YOOKA-LAYLEE: THE SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR TO BANJO KAZOOIE REVEALED!!!!!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As some of you may already know, Banjo Kazooie is my favorite video game of all time. So you can imagine how hyped I am for another game just like it made by old school Rare vets.

Meet Yooka the chameleon, and Laylee the bat.

1430414326-3455-card.jpg

GET FREAKING HYPED!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm sorry, but while I really like bats, I despise the nose.

They really should change the design on that. Or at least the color. Black is better.

-------------------------------------

Edit: I'm just glad that a spiritual successor to a great 3D-platformer like Banjo-Kazooie is getting made. It gets my hopes up for more indie-action games.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE! GET HYPE!

DUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! I'm freakin' hyped, pumped, ecstatic! This is ****ing awesome man. I really love what they have done here. They've practically captured all of the things that made Banjo Kazooie amazing. The characters, levels, colours, collectibles...they're really hitting the nail on the head with this.

Yooka Laylee looks epic.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! I'm freakin' hyped, pumped, ecstatic! This is ****ing awesome man. I really love what they have done here. They've practically captured all of the things that made Banjo Kazooie amazing. The characters, levels, colours, collectibles...they're really hitting the nail on the head with this.

Yooka Laylee looks epic.
I plan on backing the project. The success is insane. It hit it's goal within hours, and made it over a million in just a day. It's now currently over 2 million dollars. I still plan on backing the project when I get the chance to. I want it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I plan on backing the project. The success is insane. It hit it's goal within hours, and made it over a million in just a day. It's now currently over 2 million dollars. I still plan on backing the project when I get the chance to. I want it.

I want it too man. I'm going to back it too. Why do you think it managed to reach its goal so fast? Do you think it's because they're really bringing something cool to the table? I mean, you just have to look at the past games. These guys say themselves that Platform games have been lacking.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I want it too man. I'm going to back it too. Why do you think it managed to reach its goal so fast? Do you think it's because they're really bringing something cool to the table? I mean, you just have to look at the past games. These guys say themselves that Platform games have been lacking.
I just think it goes to show there is still a eager audience ready for some good ol platforming games. Especially from people who were the best at it. These are Rare veterans. Even though Rare has crumbled under Microsoft's reign, Playtonic has risen and they will fill the void!

I hope these kind of games make a comeback because along with horror and action games, platformers are one of my favorite genres.

By the way, here's the Kickstarter link.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

One of the backing rewards is getting the game on a N64 cartridge. It's expensive, but man did I wish I have the money to blow lol.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: Yeah those Rare veterans just want to create those good ol' fun games we loved again. And you can't blame them. I mean 3 months and look at how vibrant and beautiful their work is looking already.

I'll back this when I get paid. I want to see it go all the way!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will this game have voice actors & actresses talking through the characters? Will there be cutscenes?

Top Bottom