• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

IncarnatedDemon

Who says I'm fighting though?
You said Dante barely helped a family member, and i am guessing your refering to Nero.

Your interpretation of that is that "Dante is selfish". But, Dante let Nero have Yamato and was there when Nero was in trouble. Instead of doing the work for Nero, he let him fight for himself.
Imagine if Dante killed Sanctus and saved Kyrie. How do you think Nero would feel after that?
Nero had it bad as it was, struggling to save Kyrie.
You interpret dmc4dante that way. Do you really believe your interpretation of him is correct? Here is another interpretation "Dante choose to believe in Nero which is why he decided to not intefere".

There are quite alot that Dante did for Nero. Interpretations aside, it's obvious why Dante did not help out. And it has nothing to do with Dante being selfish guy or whatever your thinking he is for not helping out his family member:
ba900045d1a7.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You said Dante barely helped a family member, and i am guessing your refering to Nero.

Your interpretation of that is that "Dante is selfish". But, Dante let Nero have Yamato and was there when Nero was in trouble. Instead of doing the work for Nero, he let him fight for himself.

I never said he was selfish. I said he could've saved his only family from being absorbed, but what does he do? crack jokes as Nero is slowly digested. Real cool of him.:shifty:

Imagine if Dante killed Sanctus and saved Kyrie. How do you think Nero would feel after that?
Nero had it bad as it was, struggling to save Kyrie.

I never said that. But at least help a brother out when he's getting sucked into a vagina heart.

You interpret dmc4dante that way. Do you really believe your interpretation of him is correct? Here is another interpretation "Dante choose to believe in Nero which is why he decided to not intefere".

Do you really believe your interpretation of your favorite characters correct? Do you believe your interpretation of new Dante is correct?

Yes? Well why can't my interpretation be correct in my own opinionated rant?

There are quite alot that Dante did for Nero. Interpretations aside, it's obvious why Dante did not help out. And it has nothing to do with Dante being selfish guy or whatever your thinking he is for not helping out his family member:
ba900045d1a7.jpg

So what? I'm suppose to ignore the obvious time he had to save Nero but decided to sit there and be a d*ck as Nero was being ingested?

Plus I never said Dante was selfish.

IncarnatedDemon, I'm stealing your sig pic. That's just hilarious.

I could honestly care less about it, nor what she wants to instigate.

Kaim Argonar

Odd because this is what I remember him by.
He now has to pay to get that door fixed and the camera man caught a full clip to the dome. Hilarious Dante xD Hope to see you again some day.
DMC4_fanart_from_2009_by_hadesha.jpg

In the mean time, wonder what's new with Reboot Dante and co.

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

So what? I'm suppose to ignore the obvious time he had to save Nero but decided to sit there and be a d*ck as Nero was being ingested?

Plus I never said Dante was selfish.
What you said and what you didn't isn't the point,. It is that you suggested that Dante was being something bad because he was not helping Nero. All of this is according to your interpretation.
He did help Nero. And you could even interpret Dante's passiveness as him believing in Nero.

And if you mind ignoring things, why are you ignoring what Dante has done for Nero and different perspectives at looking at why Dante did not intervene?

Here is another interpretation. Dante was observant enough to know who had become demons, so he killed demons only in beginning of dmc4.
So this observant guy surely must have noticed that Kyrie was someone important to Nero.
And Dante knows very well what it means to want to save those you love.
So could it be that Dante also did not intervene because he understood Nero's situation and knew how it feels to see people you love be in danger.
Afterall Dante lost his mother. As a kid he must have blamed himself for her death.

Vergil blaming himself for not protecting Eva. Art titled "I am sorry".
i_m_sorry_by_jasiri_lioness-d5t4hfz.png

So yeah alot of interpretations. I don't think your interpretation is correct at all. And i won't comment on my own interpretation's validity.

But i am confident Dante is not negative the way you think he is for "not" helping Nero.

Last edited:

aoshi

This is like 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th thread on DMC 4 Dante.

DMC 4 is a game and not a movie. Broadway has been for quite a while and its a very niche genre. Jus becuase current generation is all-but-junk , it does not mean broadway isn't acceptable by current generation. DMC hasn't always been junkie until DmC. Gameplay of dante definitely was grand finale my meshing all styles and weapons . The balance was quite perfect and didn't give away too many advantages of single style system we had in DMC 3. If we had all styles with weapon advantages as in DMC 3, Balance in gameplay would be way-off when compared to what was achieved in DMC 4. My major gripe was toggling of darkslayer. But that's me.

Everyone knows that story elements in DMC 4 was not on par with DMC 3.

But you know what, DMC 1 had its cheesy moments. We don't find people creating threads with 'i don't accept this cheesiness'.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
So I decided to play DMC4 again and do DMD mode (a pain in the ass because I gotta play as Nero again and hear Dante's annoying mouth) and I reach the end where Dante gives the wave goodbye, and I realize something. For some this was the last time we see an iconic character. This was the last time we see such a loved character who brought style action and all around badassery to the hack n slash genre. This was the last we'd see of such an up standing fellow who decided to face evil and demonic enemies with a sword and two guns.

But for me...this is the last I'd see of Classic Dante...and THIS is what I'm left with?

I mean...really? This is the last memory I'll have of the original Dante? The Dante who use to ooze cool and be witty and stylish all in one go? The Dante that had the iconic style of being a Devil Hunter who didn't give no f*cks about anyone else and did his own thing...

And the last memory I have of him is him hardly helping out a family member, letting said family member be absorbed, allow his own dad's sword to get taken from him THAT easily, Did a stupid **** thrusting dance with a new weapon, and did probably the worst attempt at trying to be funny with a Shakespearean play.

I-I just can't believe this. If fact, I can't accept this garbage and call it a proper way to see Classic Dante off.

Yeah, when I re-watched the last scene a long time ago, I got the sense that that was the last time fans would see old Dante. But I didn't think it was a terrible goodbye. You have to realize that Dante hasn't been the Dante from DMC1 since DMC3 was released (or actually DMC2). DMC4's version of him was a continuation of DMC3 Dante. So I guess they made him say goodbye in the way Capcom thought most fitting: being the wacky, powerful and badass version of him seen since DMC3. I thought the Lucifer dance was very fitting and not necessarily meant to be funny - it was just well choreographed and reflected Dante's dual nature of being a bit joking and sexual but also deadly. They needed him to demonstrate how Lucifer worked (like with all the other devil arms), and he did.

Basically, if they suddenly made him like DMC1 Dante at the game's conclusion, that wouldn't fit their vision of him. Your criticism is about DMC4 Dante in general, not his final moments in DMC4. And we already know how you feel about him. I feel pretty much the same way; I think it would have been best to make him more like DMC1 Dante again (though I wasn't that unhappy about DMC4 Dante). DMC1 Dante seems a bit boring when you compare him to DMC3 and DMC4 Dante, so maybe something in between DMC3 and DMC1 Dante would have been the best move. I mean, since the writers of DMC4 were not the same people who wrote DMC1, we all knew DMC1 Dante wasn't coming back.

It's not even about DmC. It's about having Classic Dante BE cool not ACT cool. That this is the last I'll see of Classic Dante, and I'm stuck with douche McDickhead in leather chaps.

Not to start a fight, but I found this to be a very odd statement, since DmC Dante is the definition of 'acting cool rather than being cool'. The quote ''you can call me Dante the demon killer'' illustrates that clearly. He obviously finds himself to be very cool - which I think is very vain. At least DMC3 Dante can be vain in a funny, caricature-like way (looking at his reflection and outright stating he's so handsome :p).

To be honest, I hardly noticed DMC4 Dante wore leather chaps, because it just fits his style - like leather chaps would fit bikers' clothing. The rest of his clothing looks pretty awesome. He's an outrageous and powerful character, so he wears some outrageous clothing. The fact that his clothing is almost entirely red should be enough of a problem to people.
Anyway, there's various definitions of cool. If you dislike DMC4 Dante for his clothing or how he acts, no problem. I just think it's one of the sides of Japanese character-building; there's strong silent types and there's outspoken, obviously awesome types. I like both, so it could go either way for me.

Oh, btw: I have to agree on Man of Steel. What an insipid movie. Yeah, it had action, but it wasn't even choreographed that well, and the plot was just garbage.

I never said he was selfish. I said he could've saved his only family from being absorbed, but what does he do? crack jokes as Nero is slowly digested. Real cool of him.:shifty:

That was the whole point; Nero was supposed to be absorbed by the Savior. That was Dante's plan, because he wanted to take out the Savior from the inside. He even literally said ''if the exterior is solid, then you've gotta take it out from the inside'', at which point he shot the Yamato into the Savior for Nero to use to defeat Sanctus. In the mean time, you try to destroy the Savior's crystals to make it possible for Nero to progress inside the Savior.

So no, he wasn't selfish or being an ass... well, maybe the ass part is true, since Dante likes to be a funny, cynical ass, like Nero is perceived to be too: ''that would be out of character. Maybe you should just throw an insult my way instead'' - to Nero, in the epilog.

Last edited by a moderator:

IncarnatedDemon

Dante giving Nero Yamato
Dante: It was originally my brother’s… Return it to me and I’ll let you go, kid.

Nero: Kid? Well… if that’s how you see me I think you’ll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!

Dante: Ah, helpful hint. Take a tip from the elders…

-----------------------------------------------------​

Dante: You cooled off yet, kid?
What’s the matter? Why the glare?

Nero: You look as if you’ve just been playing with me from the beginning.

Dante: That sword... was used to separate our world from the demons. I can’t have something of that kinda power floating around now, can I? It’s got to stay in the family.

Nero: I need this…

Dante: Then keep it. Now that you’re calm and cool… Get going.
Hey! What’s your name?

Nero. You’re Dante, right? Not a bad name…

Dante: Neither is yours.
That regal look suits you.

Gloria: I dress to impress.

Trish: Are you sure you want to let him go?

Dante: Yeah I figure he can bear the burden.

Trish: I know it’s not my business, but this could get ugly.

Dante: Well, if the kid screws up, then I’ll just have to kick his ass.

Dante telling Nero to wake up.
Dante: Time to wake up kid, you’re missing out on all the fun!
Nero!
It’s up to you from here, kid! An opportunity to save the world doesn’t happen everyday you know! Savor it!

Nero: Then time I will savor… Let’s clean up this mess!

Remember when Eva "talked" to Dante in dmc1 when he was tired after fighting Mundus:
Mundus: "What is the matter? Here your powers are weak, HUMAN!"

Background voice of Eva: "Dante... You'll be okay... You can do it..."

Dante: "Wha...mo...mother!"
Also Dante watched nero from very beginning.
so3kf5.jpg

Dante alone in base is faster than the big statue and Sanctus in a armor. If Dante uses his full power, which should grant him between 20%-60% boost, he will destroy them in short time.
And story is not set up for Dante to save the day.

What is the point of having Dante do that when Nero is the protaganist and it's about his struggle?

DragonMaster2010

What you said and what you didn't isn't the point,. It is that you suggested that Dante was being something bad because he was not helping Nero. All of this is according to your interpretation.
He did help Nero.

Yeah, hours later as he was slowly dying.

And you could even interpret Dante's passiveness as him believing in Nero.

Wow. And look what happened. He couldn't get out without Dante getting him out first. Instead he decided to waste hours and hours to go BACKWARDS the way Nero went instead of just get Nero out first, both fight Sanctus, and then go for the other Demon bosses together to get the work done faster.

but noooo. Dante just has to have his "cool" moments instead.

And if you mind ignoring things, why are you ignoring what Dante has done for Nero and different perspectives at looking at why Dante did not intervene?
Here is another interpretation. Dante was observant enough to know who had become demons, so he killed demons only in beginning of dmc4.
So this observant guy surely must have noticed that Kyrie was someone important to Nero.

So he couldn't have at least lent SOME kind of helping hand instead of sit there and let Nero do all the work. Some hero...

And Dante knows very well what it means to want to save those you love.
So could it be that Dante also did not intervene because he understood Nero's situation and knew how it feels to see people you love be in danger.
Afterall Dante lost his mother. As a kid he must have blamed himself for her death.

Then that's literally the perfect reason why you should SAVE your family, not sit there being a d*ck as he's being sucked into a demon's vagina.

Vergil blaming himself for not protecting Eva. Art titled "I am sorry".
i_m_sorry_by_jasiri_lioness-d5t4hfz.png

That's Vergil, not Dante. This is about DMC4 being the last of Classic Dante, and it being not good enough for a last shot.

So yeah alot of interpretations. I don't think your interpretation is correct at all. And i won't comment on my own interpretation's validity.

But i am confident Dante is not negative the way you think he is for "not" helping Nero.

The reason he's negative isn't only because of not helping Nero. He had no real charisma anymore. He was just a parody of what he use to be and playing off of what he was in DMC3. He was just OOC with a fanfiction-like personality of what the writer thinks Dante is like. That in itself annoys me that this is the last I'll see of him; a campy parody of what he use to be.

This is like 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th thread on DMC 4 Dante.

DMC 4 is a game and not a movie. Broadway has been for quite a while and its a very niche genre. Jus becuase current generation is all-but-junk , it does not mean broadway isn't acceptable by current generation. DMC hasn't always been junkie until DmC. Gameplay of dante definitely was grand finale my meshing all styles and weapons . The balance was quite perfect and didn't give away too many advantages of single style system we had in DMC 3. If we had all styles with weapon advantages as in DMC 3, Balance in gameplay would be way-off when compared to what was achieved in DMC 4. My major gripe was toggling of darkslayer. But that's me.

I didn't say the gameplay wasn't good. I said the Dante in DMC4 was a bad last shot of a once good character now reduced to cowboy chaps, and cheap one liners.

Everyone knows that story elements in DMC 4 was not on par with DMC 3.

But you know what, DMC 1 had its cheesy moments. We don't find people creating threads with 'i don't accept this cheesiness'.

I know that of course. However if I had to chose between that line and what I've seen of DMC4 Dante, I'd rather see Dante fill dark souls with light...

wait a second that came out wrong...:blush:

Yeah, when I re-watched the last scene a long time ago, I got the sense that that was the last time fans would see old Dante. But I didn't think it was a terrible goodbye. You have to realize that Dante hasn't been the Dante from DMC1 since DMC3 was released (or actually DMC2). DMC4's version of him was a continuation of DMC3 Dante. So I guess they made him say goodbye in the way Capcom thought most fitting: being the wacky, powerful and badass version of him seen since DMC3. I thought the Lucifer dance was very fitting and not necessarily meant to be funny - it was just well choreographed and reflected Dante's dual nature of being a bit joking and sexual but also deadly. They needed him to demonstrate how Lucifer worked (like with all the other devil arms), and he did.

Fine, I'll accept the fact that Dante was never gonna be the same as DMC1, but that honestly doesn't mean you have to have him talking about having sex while throwing blades into a hell gate. Considering this was Capcom's way to say bye to Dante makes me annoyed because this was literally the campiest I've seen Dante. They could've given him a little bit more dignity instead of being the monkey dancing to music for lose change.

Basically, if they suddenly made him like DMC1 Dante at the game's conclusion, that wouldn't fit their vision of him. Your criticism is about DMC4 Dante in general, not his final moments in DMC4. And we already know how you feel about him. I feel pretty much the same way; I think it would have been best to make him more like DMC1 Dante again (though I wasn't that unhappy about DMC4 Dante). DMC1 Dante seems a bit boring when you compare him to DMC3 and DMC4 Dante, so maybe something in between DMC3 and DMC1 Dante would have been the best move. I mean, since the writers of DMC4 were not the same people who wrote DMC1, we all knew DMC1 Dante wasn't coming back.

I don't think it would've been that hard to recreate DMC1 Dante. Plus they could've at least made him a more intresting character instead of force feed me over the topness. He could keep the cool moves and style, but at least do something about the character's personality to refelct how far he's come from his fight with his brother, defeating a demon king, reuniting with a woman that reflects his mother, and saving the world. With DMC4, it feels like all that went out the window and he's put back in kid mode.

It's not even about DmC. It's about having Classic Dante BE cool not ACT cool. That this is the last I'll see of Classic Dante, and I'm stuck with douche McDickhead in leather chaps.

Not to start a fight, but I found this to be a very odd statement, since DmC Dante is the definition of 'acting cool rather than being cool'. The quote ''you can call me Dante the demon killer'' illustrates that clearly. He obviously finds himself to be very cool - which I think is very vain. At least DMC3 Dante can be vain in a funny, caricature-like way (looking at his reflection and outright stating he's so handsome :p).

True, but the thing is I liked DmC Dante's subtle way of acting cool. He didn't try to dress like a leathery FF character to be cool and he didn't need to do any stupid stunts like the Lucifer Devil Arm bit to show he was cool. The fact he stands up to these big demons and is willing to go through hell not just for himself, but for the rest of humanity is why I call him being cool instead of acting cool. With Classic Dante it's a given that he's going to save humanity in the way he acts, the way he dresses, and the way he's put on a high pedestal.

To be honest, I hardly noticed DMC4 Dante wore leather chaps, because it just fits his style - like leather chaps would fit bikers' clothing. The rest of his clothing looks pretty awesome. He's an outrageous and powerful character, so he wears some outrageous clothing. The fact that his clothing is almost entirely red should be enough of a problem to people.

Well that may be all good for you, but it's just a subjective opinion I have and I just didn't find it suiting for Dante.

Anyway, there's various definitions of cool. If you dislike DMC4 Dante for his clothing or how he acts, no problem. I just think it's one of the sides of Japanese character-building; there's strong silent types and there's outspoken, obviously awesome types. I like both, so it could go either way for me.

Yeah, you're right. But it's not like I'm saying he should be silent, but if he is going to be the awesome type of character, the least they could do is actually make him awesome. Again, this is just a subjective opinion, but he could have been cooler. Maybe like I don't know Spike from Cowboy Bebop, or as cool as Alucard from Hellsing. (minus the blood thirsty sadistic part)

Oh, btw: I have to agree on Man of Steel. What an insipid movie. Yeah, it had action, but it wasn't even choreographed that well, and the plot was just garbage.

I'll admit; the action almost had me there.

That was the whole point; Nero was supposed to be absorbed by the Savior. That was Dante's plan, because he wanted to take out the Savior from the inside. He even literally said ''if the exterior is solid, then you've gotta take it out from the inside'', at which point he shot the Yamato into the Savior for Nero to use to defeat Sanctus. In the mean time, you try to destroy the Savior's crystals to make it possible for Nero to progress inside the Savior.

Oh. Well in that case, I guess that would be a plausible excuse. However to me it feels more like;

"Oh crap! I can't bust through this crystal shield! How can I--wait a second, that's right! I let the kid get sucked into this thing! The kids in there! Possibly dead, but oh well! I just thought of a good idea! I'm so smart!"

So no, he wasn't selfish or being an ass... well, maybe the ass part is true, since Dante likes to be a funny, cynical ass, like Nero is perceived to be too: ''that would be out of character. Maybe you should just throw an insult my way instead'' - to Nero, in the epilog.

Nero isn't as cynical though. It wouldn't be out of character because even though Nero is an ass, he's still kind of a mirror to Dante and as such it wouldn't be out of his character to say thank you.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'll always stand by it. Dante in 3 and 4 was pretty stupid. I'll always like the DMC 1 Dante the best because while he was undeniably cheesy he DMC 1 gives off a little more sense of self awareness and I can tell Dante is the product of old school action movies and heroes.

DMC 3 and 4 turns these characters in to just a bunch of typical generic anime stereotypes and just loses the spirit of the first game.

The reason why most people are so hung up on the 3 and 4 versions him is because they most likely came in to this series around 3 or 4 and their standard for it is that.

Well, I've been playing since the beginning and while people complain about how much DmC is different from the original series all I've been seeing for years was Devil May Cry never being the same.

Different is something I can just be a little more open minded to.

DragonMaster2010

Dante alone in base is faster than the big statue and Sanctus in a armor. If Dante uses his full power, which should grant him between 20%-60% boost, he will destroy them in short time.
And story is not set up for Dante to save the day.

What is the point of having Dante do that when Nero is the protaganist and it's about his struggle?

What's the point in having Dante in the story at all then if he could've ended all this quicker instead of be nerfed of all his power?

Since Nero is the supposed "protaganist", why have such a powerhouse as Dante be there to steel some of the lime light for the second half of the game and yet Nero is the protaganist. If Dante wasn't in DMC4 then it would be all on Nero to save the day, he would've found a way out of his prison via plot and deux machina, and save the day all by himself.

I'll always stand by it. Dante in 3 and 4 was pretty stupid. I'll always like the DMC 1 Dante the best because while he was undeniably cheesy he DMC 1 gives off a little more sense of self awareness and I can tell Dante is the product of old school action movies and heroes.

DMC 3 and 4 turns these characters in to just a bunch of typical generic anime stereotypes and just loses the spirit of the first game.

The reason why most people are so hung up on the 3 and 4 versions him is because they most likely came in to this series around 3 or 4 and their standard for it is that.

Well, I've been playing since the beginning and while people complain about how much DmC is different from the original series all I've been seeing for years was Devil May Cry never being the same.

Different is something I can just be a little more open minded to.

While I agree with DMC4, I'd say different to DMC3.

While DMC3 Dante was a cocky arrogant fratboy with a sword and guns, he did have a small amount of growth in his character and at least with DMC3 Dante, I didn't feel like I was watching an old man trying to regain his younger years.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Since Nero is the supposed "protaganist", why have such a powerhouse as Dante be there to steel some of the lime light for the second half of the game and yet Nero is the protaganist. .
Because it was all an after thought and evidence of just p!ss poor game development. Deciding to shoe horn Dante in there and not even bothering to work on it.

Is this seriously what people want for a series they enjoy? That shouldn't be what you're asking for. I just want some fun and well done vidya games thank you.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Each time you get to the end any of a given DMC game you see the end of a specific incarnation of Dante. They're all a bit different and won't be exactly repeated. And while you get to the end of each variation you haven't seen the end of 'Dante' unless CAPCOM itself and all its IPs go under, Titanic-style.

As long as fans exist for Dante, you'll see him again. Can't vouch for the quality of the kind of Dante you will get, though

DragonMaster2010

Because it was all an after thought and evidence of just p!ss poor game development. Deciding to shoe horn Dante in there and not even bothering to work on it.

Is this seriously what people want for a series they enjoy? That shouldn't be what you're asking for. I just want some fun and well done vidya games thank you.

The worst part is that they shoe horned him in just because they either knew that without Dante it wouldn't have been as good, or they had very low hope in Nero being the protagonist which says a lot about their characterization skills.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I guess it's all subjective. I mean, I liked Dante acting like he did in DMC3 and DMC4. I like it when he insults enemies and taunts them. I don't really care for all the over-the-top action - like Dante jumping off of the Temen-Ni-Gru and riding his motorcycle and stuff - but that's probably because action hardly affects me emotionally.
It's just that whoever wrote DMC3 and DMC4 finds campy stuff to be fun, and feels like it makes the serious stuff all the more powerful, because of the contrast between the two. I happen to agree, and others may not. Simple. I also like Final Fantasy and clothing that waves or flutters unrealistically in the wind. It makes characters seem heroic, and I like that. Whether you should call that a character 'trying to be cool', or having been designed to be cool is a subjective matter.

I'm not sure if Dante was shoehorned into DMC4, though. He makes up a vital part of the plot; he and Trish caused the Order of the Sword to show itself as a malevolent cult, by giving them the Sparda (and possibly the Yamato) to see what they would do. The inflow of demons and all that caused Dante to continue on to Fortuna city from Mitis Forest. And in Fortuna, he met Nero. However, I would say Dante had too few missions. I guess Dante could've saved Fortuna by himself, but hey, the plot's about Nero. And Dante tried to help Nero defeat the Order, so in that sense, he was Nero's sidekick :tongue:

IncarnatedDemon

What's the point in having Dante in the story at all then if he could've ended all this quicker instead of be nerfed of all his power?

Since Nero is the supposed "protaganist", why have such a powerhouse as Dante be there to steel some of the lime light for the second half of the game and yet Nero is the protaganist. If Dante wasn't in DMC4 then it would be all on Nero to save the day, he would've found a way out of his prison via plot and deux machina, and save the day all by himself.
Like i said before, it could be that writers intended Dante to show respect towards Nero by allowing him to continue fighting as it was very important to Nero to save Kyrie.

Dante is a important part of dmc, so the writers decided to have him be in the game as a secondary character. If your going to go with a "Dante's herritage is being used for power" story, then that involves Dante.

Whether including Dante or not is a bad call is another discussion. Speaking for myself as long as Dante is playable and his gameplay is well fleshed out, i won't care if he's not in the story. Because in time i would see that troll :D

And Nero did save the day by himself. It wasn't Dante that defeated Sanctus, it was Nero.

Dante was a helping friend similar to Trish helping Dante out in dmc1.

Top Bottom