• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yamato in DMC4

Zoey

Sorry if this had already been discussed, but I still don't get it.
How did a shattered Yamato come into Agnus' possession, in your opinion? (And did Agnus actually find "pieces" of Nelo Angelo, too? <- and he created the Angelos with them).
Do you think Yamato broke when Vergil fought Mundus in the epilogue of DMC3 or later? Nelo Angelo's sword didn't look like Yamato at all, back then! Did it transform like he did, or was it simply another weapon? Its blue colour makes me wonder.
I'd like to know your theories on this subject because it seems quite important in the story and I can't find a satisfying way to see things.
Last question: how do you think Nero was able to restore Yamato? Just because he's Vergil's son? Or was it more the katana which restored itself when it recognized Nero?

JPunxR

Devil Punter
Hmm, these are just MY thoughts and assumptions, but the way I see it(and far as I know) is that:

- Agnus went off to find the blade through Hell where Vergil was (seeing how DMC4 wasn't completely finished), returned it to the surface/his lab to fix that up.

- Seems like he died that way but failed seeing he couldnt destroy/kill of Mundus, so he shattered the blade so no one else can defeat him with it. The blue color would just make me think that it's his aura(DMC4SE Concentration meter). I would believe its another sword given from Mundus so he has a 'stronger' weapon to kill off any trespassers.

- I think the sword was restored was either having the bloodline of Vergil or related to any Sparda's power. We did see Nero go crazy and responded with "I need more power!" or something close to what Vergil says. I don't think that the blade recognized Nero at all seeing. He wouldve been at least too young to carry/use it, or never seeing it in the first place.

These are just my thoughts on what I believe.

Zoey

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Very interesting and they make me reconsider some things.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Hmm...
-They had hell gates, so probably Agnus went through one to the Demon World, more especifically to Mundus' domains. Also, I doubt Mallet Island was completely destroyed since Agnus made the Bianco Angelos using fragments of Nelo Angelo too.
-It's more likely that Mundus shattered Yamato, yes, but it's weird since it can cut anything.
-Lastly, Nero could restore the katana when he awoke his demon powers, maybe while awakening that part of him he was concentrating on restoring the sword, or maybe Yamato is sensitive towards Sparda's relatives.

Zoey

All very good points!
Thank you :)
I'm really fascinated by the fact that Yamato was broken (which enormous power does it take to break it?), yet it became whole again the moment Nero "awoke" (which means an even greater power I think).
(p.s. I love your "codec call" in the signature!)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I would say that the Yamato blade broke when Vergil lost to Mundus. However, in DMC3SE when you use Vergil and adore him in the "Corrupt Vergil" costume something interesting happens. Vergil wields that large broad sword upon Devil Triggering, yet while in normal mode he still has Yamato. SO maybe Yamato actually broke after Dante defeated Vergil in DMC1.
So in short I'd say it broke either at Mundus's hands or Dante's hands. Then Agnus found it and tried to repair it.

Zoey

I would say that the Yamato blade broke when Vergil lost to Mundus. However, in DMC3SE when you use Vergil and adore him in the "Corrupt Vergil" costume something interesting happens. Vergil wields that large broad sword upon Devil Triggering, yet while in normal mode he still has Yamato. SO maybe Yamato actually broke after Dante defeated Vergil in DMC1.
So in short I'd say it broke either at Mundus's hands or Dante's hands. Then Agnus found it and tried to repair it.
I really like the idea it broke in DMC1!

Top Bottom