• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox360 Streaming help

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sooooo I have a 360, and whenever I stream videos from my computer to my TV the audio and picture are out of sync. DOes anybody here know why that is and how I can fix that?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Do you use a wireless or wired connection? What service are you using to stream it? (Windows Media Centre/TVersity etc). I found Media centre caused lag but when I used TVersity it ran fine.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Do you use a wireless or wired connection? What service are you using to stream it? (Windows Media Centre/TVersity etc). I found Media centre caused lag but when I used TVersity it ran fine.

At the moment I'm using Zune. MP4 videos player perfectly while anything else like AVI for example the audio is a little head but its not terribly distracting. I use wireless and the computer is in one house while the TV I watch said programs in the house next store.

Dark Drakan

Admin
At the moment I'm using Zune. MP4 videos player perfectly while anything else like AVI for example the audio is a little head but its not terribly distracting. I use wireless and the computer is in one house while the TV I watch said programs in the house next store.

Zune isnt very good with AVI files I dont think & they can have a lag on them, happens with a couple of the media players & streaming programs. It wont help with it being on a wireless connection between devices being quite far apart either. Ive always used TVersity & found that to be more reliable than most, though I havent actually streamed anything for a while. I normally put things on USB & run them from that on my 360.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zune isnt very good with AVI files I dont think & they can have a lag on them, happens with a couple of the media players & streaming programs. It wont help with it being on a wireless connection between devices being quite far apart either. Ive always used TVersity & found that to be more reliable than most, though I havent actually streamed anything for a while. I normally put things on USB & run them from that on my 360.

I was doing that for a LONg time but I got tired of consently changing a video from AVI,MKV etc to MP4 so I started streaming. After so trial and error I got it to work. MP4' play perfectly while AVI's I'll have to pause and rewind two times for the audio and picture to sync. So I got it to work I just have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I was doing that for a LONg time but I got tired of consently changing a video from AVI,MKV etc to MP4 so I started streaming. After so trial and error I got it to work. MP4' play perfectly while AVI's I'll have to pause and rewind two times for the audio and picture to sync. So I got it to work I just have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

AVI's I have found have issues in lots of media players too with this so glad you found a way around it. I myself had to do the same with some files in the past on my laptop.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Makes sense. Nevertheless thanks DD for the ideas and actually replying to the thread. If I ever have streaming problems I know where to come too! ^_^

Top Bottom