• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox360 Oblivion expansion help

aka958

Don't trust people
Hey i bought Oblivions expansion shivering isles on Xbox 360 and everytime i try to go to shivering isles i can't find it in niben bay... i wait 24 hours... i created a new char and waited 24 hours again to see if that works... no it didn't... i have checked whole niben bay... niben bay is nextto bravil (the lake)(saying this cuse of maybe misspelled it):p

Dark Drakan

Admin
Im sure Angel will be able to help you with this, shes an Oblivion fanatic. :p

I had the PC version and had problems with a patch then PC GFX card died so didnt even finish the original.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The problem your having is actually accessing the Shivering Isles then? Just making sure this is what you mean before i start researching it myself.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
aka958;123330 said:
Hey i bought Oblivions expansion shivering isles on Xbox 360 and everytime i try to go to shivering isles i can't find it in niben bay... i wait 24 hours... i created a new char and waited 24 hours again to see if that works... no it didn't... i have checked whole niben bay... niben bay is nextto bravil (the lake)(saying this cuse of maybe misspelled it):p
Oooookay then - first thing is first - are you connected to the internet? Sounds dumb but many an Oblivion player has been thwarted when attempting to play an expansion or add-on for the first time and isn't connected to the net. You'll know if the expansion has been successfully added if at the start screen when the music plays, you get a loading message which lasts about...15 seconds or more. If not, connect to the internet and try again. check your memory on the console itself to ensure the download completed too.

Once you have gotten into the game, there will be a few minutes before an on-screen message telling you of a strange door in Niben Bay along with the option to make it your active quest - once you select it, you'll have an instant map marker and directions. You can always ask around using the rumours option but there should always be an on-screen message.

We downloaded our Shivering Isles from XBL and it only recognised it once we were connected to the net - you don't have to stay connected once the download has been added but whenever there is an XBL Update, you'll be warned that you need to reconnect in order to access the Shivering Isles.

If all this fails, then I have no clue and you may need to contact Microsoft or something - but you won't get your points refunded unfortunately...

aka958

Don't trust people
WTF!?!?! i bought a ****ing game just to know i need internet to get acces to it!?!?? i don't have internet on xbox!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yeah, it's a pain in the hole but that's how it works. Can you hook up your XBOX 360 to the net just for a couple of minutes to load the new content? Once it's done you should get some time before the next update is due...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
All extra content relies on regular XBL updates every now and again - if you opt out of the update, you cannot enjoy the add-on or expansion until you agree to update it. Takes moments to do, but in the updates are things like patches and glitch-fixes which ensure your game stays bug free and runs smoothly.

aka958

Don't trust people
still how can something that is just a disc without Xbl need Xbl? how can internet change the disc to not fully work?!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Honestly? I do not know - but everyone else with the same issue has needed XBL to add the game to the game, as it were.

Does the box the disc came in say anything on the back or inside which tells you how to install it properly, if internet connection is not the case?

aka958

Don't trust people
No not at all... just that i need the original oblivion game to play it... and it stands loading extra content but no content arrives T_T

YEAH! it worked and without even pay for internet! woohoo! thx angel

Top Bottom