• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox360 Magazine Review + Interview (Game Scored 9/10!)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I don't know what drew me to this magazine...
tumblr_mg4e6xLMTZ1ryfipvo1_1280.jpg

Ok maybe I do :lol: I have the pages below (I'm too busy to type them up). I have another magazine of DmC which I'lll upload tomorrow. I consider this a perfect remedy for anyone 'extremely' doubtful on the game. ^^

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9

-From review-

Satisfying action, a great sense of style and combat deep enough to get lost in for months come together to create an experience only rivalled by Bayonetta. And if that's the kind of company you're keeping, you have to assume you're doing something right.

THE SCORE
+Tight combat
+Wonderful style
+Insane combo depth
-Slightly story-heavy
-Not enough bosses
-Wub-wub-wub
9 OUT OF 10

---
The magazine also came with a small booklet with on how to kill what demons, moves in the game, aaaand...the names of each mission and bosses, and the tactics to defeat them.

But, I'm holding back on that for tomorrow <3 Don't murder me!

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
I don't know what drew me to this magazine...
tumblr_mg4e6xLMTZ1ryfipvo1_1280.jpg

Okay maybe I do :lol: I have the pages below (I'm too busy to type them up). I have another magazine of DmC which I'lll upload tomorrow.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9

-From review-

Satisfying action, a great sense of style and combat deep enough to get lost in for months come together to create an experience only rivalled by Bayonetta. And if that's the kind of company you're keeping, you have to assume you're doing something right.

THE SCORE
+Tight combat
+Wonderful style
+Insane combo depth
-Slightly story-heavy
-Not enough bosses
-Wub-wub-wub
9 OUT OF 10

---
The magazine also came with a small booklet with types on how to kill what demons, moves in the game, aaaand...the names of each mission and bosses, and the tactics to defeat them.

But, I'm holding back on that for tomorrow <3 Don't murder me!
plz tell me the bossessss :(((

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
That awkward moment when reviews count "wub-wub-wub" (Dubstep music) as a negative.

I could understand if your personal tastes aren't dubstep friendly but to inflict your judgment on an overall product because of it? :/

I try not to judge people by the music they listen to. To each their own. I'm not a fan of dubstep myself but I'm very fond of the drum and bass influenced tracks in this game.

EDIT: Oh, thanks for sharing the review scans btw. :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well you can always play any music you want while playing the game because even though I played the demo on PS3 I was able to rip demons apart to Rise Against.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
That awkward moment when reviews count "wub-wub-wub" (Dubstep music) as a negative.

I could understand if your personal tastes aren't dubstep friendly but to inflict your judgment on an overall product because of it? :/

I try not to judge people by the music they listen to. To each their own. I'm not a fan of dubstep myself but I'm very fond of the drum and bass influenced tracks in this game.

EDIT: Oh, thanks for sharing the review scans btw. :)
Really? I thought they were making a Pacman sound XD wub wub wuuuuub.

Hmmm. They didn't like the intro but it seems they are cool with the rest of the game? That's a tad odd to me.
I think it's because it was of Dante at the night club with the ladies, the introduction of that was up recently before they pulled it. That might've been their issue. That or they couldn't stand the sight of a naked Dante.

Paexie

I think it's because it was of Dante at the night club with the ladies, the introduction of that was up recently before they pulled it. That might've been their issue. That or they couldn't stand the sight of a naked Dante.
No, I know what they are talking about. I'm just saying that there are a tad raunchier moments in the game than that one (aka the demon sex scene).

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Is this a UK or USA magazine?
UK, it would USA if I had wings and could fly though :lol:

No, I know what they are talking about. I'm just saying that there are a tad raunchier moments in the game than that one (aka the demon sex scene).
Guess people feel different about different things I guess o.o but those might actually be the only points in the game with moments like those (the demon sex and the introduction)

Devil Player

So, did you read the book guide that came with the magazine? XD

Instead of posting scans, you could make a spoiler topic, listing everything you read. I guess it would be easier and it would require less work. :)

Gbraga

LOL @ wub-wub hahahaha

And honestly, I'm getting worried about most reviews (the very positive ones!) not really liking the bosses (this one only said they were few, but if they were really good it would be a positive).

Thank you for sharing with us, once again! You rock!

I find it funny that "story heavy" was a negative :blink: As well as "wub wub wub."
I'm ok with listing dubstep as a negative, but story-heavy being a negative really makes no sense, and that comes from someone who's been bitching about the amount of unskippable cutscenes in a demo.

WorkenOnMaLeft

aaaah they didnt mention anything about new weapons they just said there is 8 but im confused if they are including the fire arms and rebelion... in a perfect world itl be 4 angel weapons and 4 demon weapons... omg if that were the case.... i cant even imagine how many different combos would be available O.O

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
aaaah they didnt mention anything about new weapons they just said there is 8 but im confused if they are including the fire arms and rebelion... in a perfect world itl be 4 angel weapons and 4 demon weapons... omg if that were the case.... i cant even imagine how many different combos would be available O.O
They say 8 ?

Top Bottom